The Opening Miami: Live Thread Updates

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
watching all of this and their film like.......

VIP ByJOHN GARCIA JR.
* Miami (Fla.) Belen Jesuit running back Don Chaney, a recent Miami commitment, says his recruitment is shut down at this point. Georgia finished second. Fellow recent Hurricane pledge Jaiden Francois, out of Homestead (Fla.) South Dade, echoed his comments later in the day.

247Sports' Charles Power, Andre

Advertisement
does getting the MVP at a certain position not equate to an opening invite? I would assume MVP means you performed the best at your position.

I don't understand how the Open invites are given. I would have assumed the MVPs at each position would be automatic invites. Does anyone know? And it seemed like everyone writing about performances today mentioned Francois. Yet it seems like he didn't get an invite. What's up with that???

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't understand how the Open invites are given. I would have assumed the MVPs at each position would be automatic invites. Does anyone know? And it seemed like everyone writing about performances today mentioned Francois. Yet it seems like he didn't get an invite. What's up with that???
It’s actually pretty simple

Offer, previous ranking, and measurables matter a lot more than people think at these events because it represents growth and how you can translate in pads. So what does that mean? They combine this with on the field play and you end up with Henry Gray being invited over Francois because his offer sheet looks better than his and he’s considered a top 150 guy.

Advertisement
Back