The OL offside trick

citizenkane

Redshirt Freshman
I had a feeling that good ole Dabo would run that play from 2015 where the center snaps the ball and everyone stays put.
Sure enough he did and they are 2 for 2 on touchdowns on that play.
what i can't understand from our staff is didn't they think this was a possibility and with 2 weeks to prepare didn't they see this on tape?
I'm not a coach but i was dead certain they were going to run this play
how do you defend this?
since its like a screen pass, i would imagine that someone on the dline needs to yell screen and have everyone stop rushing the passer and drop back??

Advertisement
Manny Diaz had this team out there looking like they have never seen Clemsons offense and never seen them do misdirection plays. Our defense looked completely lost on every trick play.

Yeah! Manny made it look like Clemson is hard to stop or something...

I dont know how they let Etienne just run uncovered for soo many plays when if you watch film all clemson does is figure out how to get him ball in space, draws, sprint draw, screens, swing pass, swing screen, jet sweep screen, all plays liek misdirection that knew they would try on us, and all worked with ease, not even one of them defended.. incredible.

Advertisement
That play right there showed me they never watched film on them of the years past. They just watched the Va game and then walked to Banda’s house so he can serve them drinks. Rump and the defensive boys live the life!

Manny Diaz had this team out there looking like they have never seen Clemsons offense and never seen them do misdirection plays. Our defense looked completely lost on every trick play.
Bwahahahaha!

Yeah! Manny made it look like Clemson is hard to stop or something...
Nah... thats just the way his bend but dont break scheme looks pretty much vs everyone, except clemson is good enough to consistently execute whereas lesser teams can't.

Thats why his scheme looks good/decent against the middle tier teams(unless they have a decent qb/or coordinator) and like **** against the top/elite tier teams.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wouldn't even call most of them "trick plays". The only tricks were a couple time had the backup QB with Lawrence lined up as a WR. Those are obvious and didn't fool anyone. It's not like they tried a double reverse, backwards pass flea flicker.

For most offenses, use of misdirection is standard against an aggressive defense. Given how often it's used against us, we shouldn't be thinking of it as trickeration or something out of the ordinary.

Advertisement
Back