The official Thank You Blake James Thread

This is why we need smarter posters.

--"Negotiated big $$ adidas deal". Yeah, right. He didn't negotiate a **** thing. If he was such a master negotiator, he would have negotiated an extension with our LEGACY "first national university-wide shoe/apparel deal" supplier, Nike. Good lord, there was HISTORY behind our relationship with Nike, and he couldn't get that done. Meanwhile, adidas (and Under Armour) were desperate to make splashes in new markets. That money was thrown at us, not "negotiated". And let's not forget that adidas, and that relationship, nearly wrecked our hoops team. So, yeah, while I love how adidas has treated UM (for the most part), the deal had NOTHING to do with Beta Blake being some master negotiator.

--"Got $40M IPF funded and built". Yeah, now that it is done, people conveniently forget the fact that we were either the LAST (or second-to-last) of the Power Five to build such a facility. So, I guess it's OK to fail for a while, because once you finally accomplish something later than everyone else, you can be hailed for that "accomplishment". Let's not forget the humiliating "GoFundMe" begging that had to be done to raise the final $7 million.

--"Massive improvements to all facilities". Like what? If I have to hear ONE MORE TIME about the stuff being done at Hard Rock, I'm going to lose it. Blake had NOTHING to do with that (OK, maybe he signed off on some color swatches). So WHAT are these "massive improvements to ALL facilities" that you speak of? You used the word "ALL". What has he done for the arena, which opened 10 years before he became AD? What are the "massive" improvements to the baseball field? Tennis center? Track? Look, we all know that there have been upgrades to Hecht, and you already gave him credit for the IPF. WHAT ELSE?

--"Morris sent out to pasture". For the love of god, the man is now 70 years old. How much longer did ANYONE think he was going to coach. Morris retired on his own, he wasn't forced into doing it by Beta Blake. That's a fact.

--"DiMare was ranked Top 5". Nobody knows what this means. Was the TEAM ranked Top 5? We know we had a good recruiting class.
--"Brought in Diaz". Might as well just combine these two idiotic points. Hmmm, let's see, you are giving a ******* to an AD who elevated two assistant coaches (one who is a UM alum) to head coaches. In no way is this an "accomplishment" on the level of what Sam Jankovich did, by identifying and hiring guys like Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson, who were virtual unknowns before they were hired. No, you are acting like it was some great accomplishment for Beta Blake to "convince" these UM assistants to take a promotion.
--"Hired Ed Reed". Might as well just wrap this one into the previous two. HE'S A UM ALUM. Seriously, how hard was this to conceptualize ("hey, I wonder if a Hall of Fame alum should be asked to work for his alma mater") or to accomplish? You are delusional to think that any of this is "outside the box" thinking by Beta Blake, or difficult to accomplish on his part.

Please be better than your idiotic porsts.

Lmao.

How many people out there do you think read beyond the first sentence of your eternal ramblings?

I’ll give you a hint.

Absolutely no one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So let's think about this.

Larranaga was hired pre-Blake.

Blake hired DiMare, a UM alum and a UM assistant coach. Blake hired Richt, a UM alum. Blake hired Diaz, a UM assistant coach.

I'm not going to knock DiMare or Diaz, I actually WANT our alums and our coaching alums to do well, no matter if it is at UM or somewhere else.

But Blake hasn't had to make ANY effort here. And he certainly hasn't kept a list of up-and-coming coaches (like JJ and Erickson) in his back pocket the way that Sam Jankovich did.
That's exactly it. It's like he says, "Crap, we need a new coach. Hey who's in the rolodex?"

you mad GIF

Right. We are now justifying a 33% success rate for OCs under the last 2 head coaches.

Beta Blake "wanted" Richt to hire a quality OC, but failed to get this done. Then Beta Blake signed off on Dan Enos. Oh, but now that we have Lashlee, suddenly Beta Blake is da gawd, and all his prior failures are forgiven?
Honestly, Richt stepped down instead of being forced to hire an OC. Not defending James, as his track record isn't that great, but he was pushing Richt to make a hire, Richt refused and retired. In doing so it saved the University of Miami a LOT of money. Now, signing off on the Enos hire wasn't very wise. However, I am sure Manny was given the job to find an OC. He failed horribly, and simply went after what he thought was a big fish. Enos was a horrible, horrible hire. One so bad that the AD should have stepped in and said, ""Manny, what makes you think a man with a downward career trajectory is the right man for the job?" James trusted Manny, but he shouldn't have. Manny was a first time head coach and could have used a little advice on the hire.

I wonder, what did James tell Diaz near the end of last season? Not that anything needed to be said. God, what a horrible hire Enos was. If only some people had a clue....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back