The OFFICIAL Miami Offers/Interest Thread

But but but Al Golden doesn't offer kids early... said every delusional message board poster ever.

Right now, saying someone has been "offered" is a very fragile thing to say. A lot of times its verbal...sometimes they really don't offer at all and its just a kid saying he was offered, even after an initial phone call.

Miami clearly has some top targets offered as well as some token national offers to top guys...I would wager than most players on this list are just getting interest from Miami right now, but aren't officially offered.

What's an official offer, really? We've seen kids at Miami and every other program get a written offer, commit, and then have it fall apart. As far as I'm concerned you're not really offered until they send you papers:)

A written offer is typically an official offer.

Teams only really send out so many LOIs...after two+ years of recruiting the kids, they typically have an idea of who is serious about the school so they don't send LOIs out to every kid they officially offered. A kid may have 50 official offers...may only receive a few LOIs depending on how his recruitment goes and who his finalists are.

Advertisement
WHY DO PEOPLE GIVE A **** ABOUT MAHALAK?

Thanks for doing this now pin to the top of the board.

Did Morgan have *** with your girl or somethin bro? You bash him with every opportunity lol

[video=youtube;gUkUG5DUZKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUkUG5DUZKk[/video]

Never bashed him once, you just are illiterate. You were the first one to answer the question, I just wanted to understand the obsession with a back up QB. IMO, he has to wait to earn an offer.

Dalvin Cook has been a backup for the last 2 years...what's the point here?

But but but Al Golden doesn't offer kids early... said every delusional message board poster ever.

Right now, saying someone has been "offered" is a very fragile thing to say. A lot of times its verbal...sometimes they really don't offer at all and its just a kid saying he was offered, even after an initial phone call.

Miami clearly has some top targets offered as well as some token national offers to top guys...I would wager than most players on this list are just getting interest from Miami right now, but aren't officially offered.

What's an official offer, really? We've seen kids at Miami and every other program get a written offer, commit, and then have it fall apart. As far as I'm concerned you're not really offered until they send you papers:)

Teams only really send out so many LOIs...after two+ years of recruiting the kids, they typically have an idea of who is serious about the school so they don't send LOIs out to every kid they officially offered. A kid may have 50 official offers...may only receive a few LOIs depending on how his recruitment goes and who his finalists are.

Geesh Larry, I know what a written offer is. My point is that it is the farthest thing from a binding document. All offers, whether supposed, verbal, written, are tenuous. Ask Kirkland and Powell.

Did Morgan have *** with your girl or somethin bro? You bash him with every opportunity lol

Never bashed him once, you just are illiterate. You were the first one to answer the question, I just wanted to understand the obsession with a back up QB. IMO, he has to wait to earn an offer.

I guess the question is why has Jedd Fish, Kurt Roper from Duke, Blake Anderson from UNC, Helfrich from Oregon, Langsdorf from Oregon State, Smith from Boise State, new Colorado OC (twice), Stanford, USC, and UCLA flown across country to see him throw (all in the month of Jan (Jedd was in Dec) in person? They must be seeing something they like and don't care he was behind one of the best QBs in the country. At the end of the day, these guys want a guy who can throw!

Advertisement

I guess the question is why has Jedd Fish, Kurt Roper from Duke, Blake Anderson from UNC, Helfrich from Oregon, Langsdorf from Oregon State, Smith from Boise State, new Colorado OC (twice), Stanford, USC, and UCLA flown across country to see him throw (all in the month of Jan (Jedd was in Dec) in person? They must be seeing something they like and don't care he was behind one of the best QBs in the country. At the end of the day, these guys want a guy who can throw!

PERIOD

Geesh Larry, I know what a written offer is. My point is that it is the farthest thing from a binding document. All offers, whether supposed, verbal, written, are tenuous. Ask Kirkland and Powell.

Of course...I just think it is a way of tiering off interest...which is ultimately the point of this thread.

Sooner or later, I hope to tier it off...Early Interest / Spring or Summer Interest / Late Interest, etc.

You are comparing a QB Backup and a RB Backup, seriously? There is a major difference here and it is kind of a foolish point to make.

FYI...Pretty sure Cook gets a ton of carries and is easy to judge/scout because he is in our backyard.

ITS ABOUT TIME LARRY STARTS PULLING HIS WEIGHT AROUND HERE

HE WAS TURNING INTO THE TONY GAREA OF THE SITE

Advertisement

You are comparing a QB Backup and a RB Backup, seriously? There is a major difference here and it is kind of a foolish point to make.

FYI...Pretty sure Cook gets a ton of carries and is easy to judge/scout because he is in our backyard.

Didn't get a lot of carries as a sophomore and he's received snaps at other positions all over the field like Mahalak has.

What you are talking about is reactive recruiting. You don't need to see a kid in a game to like him. You can evaluate in shorts and a T-Shirt for QB's. If you like em, get in early and that's what we are doing.

They probably want to scout the kid and nothing is wrong with that, but they also probably want to see more from him because he isn't the starter. I understand coaches are taking trips to visit him, that is great. But where are the offers?

Offers are what matter, the kid has one from South Alabama.

I am not dissing the kid, I am only asking about the obsession with him. He has been mentioned 5000 times on this site and for the first time TODAY someone answer. I really think it is unfortunate for the kid that he is the backup because he can be ALL-WORLD but coaches may want more game film.

Didn't get a lot of carries as a sophomore and he's received snaps at other positions all over the field like Mahalak has.

What you are talking about is reactive recruiting. You don't need to see a kid in a game to like him. You can evaluate in shorts and a T-Shirt for QB's. If you like em, get in early and that's what we are doing.

Wow there is a key difference there AS A SOPHOMORE, now as a JUNIOR BA BA BA BAM! The kid was all over the field as a sophomore and a junior. Both the kids get a ton of time and it is CLEAR that both are great backs. Mahlak is still the backup and this comparison is weak.

I think evaluating in person is great but the game isn't played in shorts and a t-shirt. I think it is better to evaluate kids in person to see the size (Height, Weight etc.) and make sure it confirms your beliefs.

Wow there is a key difference there AS A SOPHOMORE, now as a JUNIOR BA BA BA BAM! The kid was all over the field as a sophomore and a junior. Both the kids get a ton of time and it is CLEAR that both are great backs. Mahlak is still the backup and this comparison is weak.

I think evaluating in person is great but the game isn't played in shorts and a t-shirt. I think it is better to evaluate kids in person to see the size (Height, Weight etc.) and make sure it confirms your beliefs.

Fisch has been to Cali for the kid like 3 times. I don't need to know what Alabama thinks of him or what Florida thinks or what USC thinks, I like what I see in his mechanics and so does our staff.

Advertisement

Fisch has been to Cali for the kid like 3 times. I don't need to know what Alabama thinks of him or what Florida thinks or what USC thinks, I like what I see in his mechanics and so does our staff.

Well Fisch is gone, South Alabama is all that offered.

I would wait and see. I am not the coach.

Advertisement
More updates.

Again, not complete yet...if you notice something off, whether its a guy really having an offer or not having an offer, a commitment, a guy that is missing, let a crigga know.

Advertisement
Back