The official board of angry patrons versus Jagr thread

Advertisement
Very young team. No juniors except for McKendry and Veliz. Team can definitely hit. McKendry and McMahon need to pitch better.

Advertisement
Our offensive numbers are misleading. In the sense that we’ve really blown out teams in a few games and ran up the hit totals, but the consistency in conference play hasn’t been there.

Our offensive numbers are misleading. In the sense that we’ve really blown out teams in a few games and ran up the hit totals, but the consistency in conference play hasn’t been there.

Hits per game
Non-conference: 10.8
Conference: 9.8

One area of consistency this season has been hit totals. Pretty much 10 per game since the beginning.

Another example of people not knowing what they're talking about.

Correct, the number of base hits has been roughly consistent. Yippee. We can't score against Florida, of course, but who cares. It's non conference.

The difference is that our pitching staff doesn't get to face Rutgers and UMBC every weekend.

Advertisement
So the big step forward in 2019 is that the number of hits per game has been consistent. Meanwhile, the pitching staff is a mess. DiMare's 7-year rebuild is right on schedule.

Advertisement
Hits per game

One area of consistency this season has been hit totals. Pretty much 10 per game since the beginning.

Hits per game

Let me rephrase this and put it in terms where maybe you can see past pure numbers and missing the point I’m trying to make. Our offense hasn’t been nearly as good in conference. You can throw out any numbers you want to try and refute that, but it’s true. When it matters, the offense doesn’t show up and for what it’s worth neither does the pitching

Advertisement
Our offense hasn’t been nearly as good in conference. You can throw out any numbers you want to try and refute that, but it’s true. When it matters, the offense doesn’t show up and for what it’s worth neither does the pitching

I love the "When it matters" claim as if only some games count.

I bet if we were 0-17 in non-conference games you'd be singing a different tune.

Perfect encapsulation of fanboy culture. Change your standard whenever it suits your preconceived notions.

J.D. D'Onofrio's team ERA by year:

2014 - 2.94
2015 - 3.15
2016 - 3.63
2017 - 3.77
2018 - 3.74
2019 - 4.17

Anyone see the trend?

Advertisement
Back