Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
These are those dominos that could impact our hire in good and bad ways. Should be mostly done by end of week.

Advertisement
Did the ND oline coach retire because Freeman’s interest in Ludwig meant the oline coach Ludwig wanted would replace him?

LOL!!!! I went to Charles R. Drew with a couple of them candidates. I know who the two fastest on that list are, no doubt. What you know about my dawg Hurtis???
I know he's coaching an indoor team in Arizona. But, more importantly, I consider the 1998 matchups between Northwestern and Jackson peak high school football. Not just in Florida, but anywhere.

Since Chinn was involved in those games, and has a unique name, I never forgot it. Many people probably don't even realize that was likely Jackson's most talented team ever.

That season deserves a 500 page book. Northwestern had knocked out my previously-undefeated Plantation Colonels the week before (Ryan Schneider, Kevin Beard, O'Neal Sandiford).

I referenced Georgia needing an OC in a thread last week.. I've been told they knew this was coming and have a few guys already in mind.. 1 of those is Will Hall - Head coach at Southern Miss.

Crazy enough.. another who was recommended by Monken and it was Marcus Arroyo.

Also, wouldn't be surprised to see them go back to the NFL and get a guy like Brady or someone with a similar resume that Monken had.

**LMAO if it's Bobo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Unlikely, even if the Eagles pass up on him (which I don't think they will) he could be hired somewhere else to be OC before considering a return to CFB. IMHO.

He could stay with Eagles as OC but wouldn’t be calling plays.

I don’t claim to know the scoop in nfl circles, but BJ has a limited resume in terms of nfl. Also keep in mind the Rooney rule applies to coordinator positions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back