Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
OL coach is actually a pretty big deal to an offensive coordinator, the blocking schemes have to mesh with the overall concepts and a lot of OCs dont have the ability to directly coach the line. I would say its actually even more important than any other offensive position hire including WR.

Could see how anyone looking at coming in here would have some reservations. The interview process would be as much for them feeling out how our line coaching would gel with their system as it is for Mario feeling out if their scheme is for him.

Advertisement
OL coach is actually a pretty big deal to an offensive coordinator, the blocking schemes have to mesh with the overall concepts and a lot of OCs dont have the ability to directly coach the line. I would say its actually even more important than any other offensive position hire including WR.

Could see how anyone looking at coming in here would have some reservations. The interview process would be as much for them feeling out how our line coaching would gel with their system as it is for Mario feeling out if their scheme is for him.

Good points.
Tim Cramsey may be the guy after all if the OL coach is an issue.

Advertisement

If Mario is that locked in with mirabal that decent OC’s won’t work here then we are beyond ****ed.

You may be the unlucky rabbits foot..
I Guess If You Say So GIF

If Mario is that locked in with mirabal that decent OC’s won’t work here then we are beyond ****ed.

Mario is Mirabal and Mirabal is Mario. They have both said this a million times, Mirabal is an extension of Mario in the OL room. To fire Mirabal is to fire Mario and vice versa.

There are plenty of great OCs that would come here knowing this, the problem is Mario pulling the trigger on one.

Advertisement
This sounds pretty fitting right about now.

Brian Kelly said "I want to be in an environment where I have the resources to win a national championship" when he left ND.
That’s pretty rich, considering the reason why they lost millions of dollars was because he helped kill a kid

Advertisement
Advertisement
Im not saying Mirabal isnt good because he is. That tandem of him and Mario should be a positive thing to a lot of OCs, it just has to be a good fit with their system and that person has be secure in what they do and in themselves.

Think of it this way, your being hired to run something and one of your most trusted positions is already hired for you, is untouchable and is closer to the man in charge than you will ever be. Again, not a bad thing since this OL combo is as good as it gets but you have to be a confident guy to walk into it that position and feel comfortable with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back