Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s NOT Brian Johnson then Mario is just an ******* who can’t make up his mind or is allowing Candle to drag him around like a puppy.

There’s NO reason for this to still be going on. Half the names he more than likely spoke to a year ago when he did the exhaustive search then as well.

Advertisement
How is this man so clueless with hires?

I thought the bush league/amatuer hour **** was over with Diaz...That Cristobal would bring a nice, effective rolodex and some professionalism. Got worse.

The rolodex

images.jpg

You are literally talking about laughing at him on a public internet board right now, right here. How can you be so disassociated from reality?

Be better. Or don't. It's up to you. I'm out. ✌️
I laugh at tons of people everyday including myself.

Sorry im not a modern sensitive man. If something is funny i laugh. Not gonna change.

Funny how you feel like giving me the middle finger and you have no problem doing that. I laugh because of all the dannyboy **** throughout the years and im the *******. Maybe you should do better.

Advertisement
I’ve said I love the Guidry hire. Totally fine with that. But the perception of hiring 2 sun belt coordinators.. Applewhite having gone a full coaching carousel without drawing a sliver of interest for any other job out there.. not a good look.

If it’s Applewhite I’d hope we revamp the rest of the staff (if you can actually attract quality coaches that want to coach under him)

The reason, I would hope these guys aren’t just going from making $150-200k as coordinators to more than $1M for no reason. They should be in the $750k range. So by hiring those 2 guys and keeping everything else status quo you’ve essentially taken your staff payroll back to where it was before you announced an increased budget. Back to middle of the pack ACC staff.

If it’s Applewhite you’d better pair him with someone like Hankerson that would be a splash and a great LB coach soon to be DC caliber on defense to balance out.
If it's Applewhite I'm done with Mario. That would be a lazy and atrocious hire.

Advertisement
That’s Mario problem.

I thought he’d be successful here, but now I’m almost certain he’s doomed to fail here.

Spring ball is insanely important to the development of a team from a scheme perspective. Blowing this much time on what’s probably going to be a mediocre hire is just brutal.

Every day I’m more certain that this guy is the [Maude edit: stop with the negative ethnic adjectives] Al Golden
Blunt and harsh, but I imagine many are thinking something similar, just don’t want to say it so soon. 😂

Not sure if I would go so far as to say he is doomed to fail, but I do feel that this hire may ultimately be his most important hire here. If Mario blows it and the offense still struggles mightily, offensive recruiting will only become more difficult.. particularly WR recruiting, where we can’t seem to land anything but slot WRs. Brutal

Last edited:
Fwiw I think he's overreacting. It happens.
He's definitely overreacting. I dont laugh at people's disabilities unless they find their disability funny and like for people to laugh with them and not at them.

i have no problem with him but hes trying to act like he is morally superior which is weird.

I never said why i laughed when i saw danny. Just that i laughed.

Advertisement
Let's keep the racial comparisons off the board. Pretty unnecessary and adds literally nothing to the discussion.

Can I ask a racial-ish question? Applewhite is a fairly common last name, but why aren't there any Appleblacks? Seems pretty racist if you ask me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back