Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Honest question, dont drag me for this.

Why do we not like Applewhite as OC? His Houston and Georgia Southern offenses were very successful.

I looked at his fired season at UH and the defense gave up the following in their losses:

Clearly the guy should never be in charge of hiring a DC (he hired Duhnofrio), but his offenses were still putting out points.

I admit, the career trajectory is confusing. Statistically, he should be OC at a much better school rn.
I have the same question. I would be a fan of that hire. Would not be my ideal hire, but it would be a big step forward I think. Very curious to hear why others have opposite take on him.

Why do we not like Applewhite as OC? His Houston and Georgia Southern offenses were very successful.

I looked at his fired season at UH and the defense gave up the following in their losses:

Clearly the guy should never be in charge of hiring a DC (he hired Duhnofrio), but his offenses were still putting out points.

I admit, the career trajectory is confusing. Statistically, he should be OC at a much better school rn.
He’s not bad in the grand scheme of things, I personally just think after all this time and with our supposed budget, there are 25-30 candidates that would be more effective / are realistic. I’m not sure he does anything to inspire much confidence or euphoria amongst fans, players, national media (not that the latter matters much).

I’d give it a C hire, and given what we witnessed in 2022/the sheer length of this timeline…I would be disappointed if it’s not someone hungrier or with more recent success.

Advertisement
Sometimes I wonder if dumb people realize how dumb they are. And then I see a post like this and know that they don't because a person who realized how dumb they are wouldn't risk posting thoughts like this on a public forum.

Hey buddy, it was a joke. Not real. Not serious. A joke. I post fake tweets by Mario all the time. I mess around. Oof, some of ya'll are wound tight. It's all good, tho. We are all friends here.

Advertisement
I have the same question. I would be a fan of that hire. Would not be my ideal hire, but it would be a big step forward I think. Very curious to hear why others have opposite take on him.
I think a lot of it has to do with his career trajectory.

Advertisement
Hey buddy, it was a joke. Not real. Not serious. A joke. I post fake tweets by Mario all the time. I mess around. Oof, some of ya'll are wound tight.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure you can understand why it is really hard on here to spot the difference between the jokes and the real live idiots lol

Advertisement

I think @JayCane20 alluded to him having similar issues as Gattis. An SEC Associate AD he knows told him it would be "career suicide" for Mario to hire him.

I hate to say it but if we fast forward 9 months and it's clear Mario botched another coordinator hire after his marathon hiring process then I think we're going to get into a very weird situation. I hope it works out because....man....I don't wanna be around for that.

Pitchers and catchers report for spring training today. Mario doesn't want to make a hire and trump those headlines.
***-Couple-Travel-Blog-Couple-of-Men-Karl-and-Daan-in-Italy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back