Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Candle is in the wind.

(pun guy coming for me in 3, 2, 1...)
Police Academy Goodbye GIF

Advertisement
It's not that I want him to be the guy. It's just the only thing that would make sense to me.

But, anyways, I haven't been tracking this, how sure are we that Johnson is getting the OC gig if the OC goes to the Colts?
lol the OC is the colts HC and we are 100 percent sure the eagles are making Brian JOhnson their OC. it got reported all over by the NFL guys yesterday. the ravens also requested to interview him for their OC opening. mario and miami dont carry the weight for a guy to turn down NFL OC gigs to become a midtier college OC

Advertisement
Applewhite wouldn't be that bad. It's a C- hire but that's mainly due to name. The biggest thing I want to know is what happened to the guy? He goes 8-4 as HC the year Deriq King has 50TDs while Houston has one of the most explosive offenses in college football and gets fired, after that the best job he could get for the next couple of years is OC at South Alabama? Definitely seems like something happened behind the scenes

I agree. Not a **** hire and I can see why people would say "3 months for this"? But he is competent and experienced as a play caller and played the position at a high level. Just get the dudes that play on offense more than anything.

Advertisement
Holy stupid of takes lol c’mon man.

I’m sorry but he doesn’t give a flying f^ck what Wake Cane or anyone else on Twitter or a message board cares for. Stop letting your emotions get out of hand, it’s not personal.
Look with all due respect you are quite wrong. I am not guessing or shooting from the hip here. The University of Miami pays me to be an expert on this stuff. Strategically managing and leveraging public perception is a vital element to any serious business strategy and the football program devotes substantial resources to those efforts accordingly.

Re: Applewhite . . . I understand he's not a "hot" commodity any longer. Go back a few years and this board would have jumped up and down with the hire. However, the problem is when you hire a hot commodity, typically they tend to be folks with lesser experience/history (see, for example, Brady, Gattis). I can see why Mario would shy away from that type of hire and instead hire a known commodity (good or bad).

Anyways, I just want a professional at this point. I care less about style of offense or trends.
This. I’m good with Applewhite, if he’s in the discussion. I just want to hire someone In enough time so kids can digest the new offense before spring football.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back