Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Listen, they’re no way Mario Cristobal is as bad a coach as you all are making him out to be. The real issue is where he was ranked in your collective minds before he was the coach at UM. When you look at him objectively and not like some mythical creature he is what he’s always shown he was.
Yep, you are right. MEDIOCRE.

@Cribby you still gonna give us updates this week even though the eagles lost? TIA.

96F27FD1-1527-4A13-AF78-876700457F9A.gif

Advertisement
The update is the same as always. He'll hear a name that he can't or wont divulge and no one really knows what Mario is doing.
Ive heard a lot of names and they’ve all interviewed or talked with Mario. Unlike the media I’m not wasting time throwing a name out just to do it or act like this guy is some front runner. When they’re likely not. I said Candle was the guy if he wants it. After that I said if it’s not him it’s a mystery candidate people would like or one of the couple names you won’t like. Regardless I expect to hear something very soon.

Advertisement
Im not a coach nor do I understand the process of hiring a staff for a university’s football team; however, as someone who has looked at over 800 resumes and has interviewed roughly 10 people in the last 2 weeks, I do not understand how Mario can go months with the hiring process for his staff like this. I don’t think he does himself a service with this strategy. ND just hired a legit OC in a matter of days. I’m not saying not to do your due diligence but don’t over think it either.

but he "hired" a DC days after Steele decided to leave...

There must be a reason he's waiting to name the OC.

Ive heard a lot of names and they’ve all interviewed or talked with Mario. Unlike the media I’m not wasting time throwing a name out just to do it or act like this guy is some front runner. When they’re likely not. I said Candle was the guy if he wants it. After that I said if it’s not him it’s a mystery candidate people would like or one of the couple names you won’t like. Regardless I expect to hear something very soon.
Thanks 🐐

Thanks broski, you know I was just having a little fun

Advertisement
Like I said there are names you have chosen not to divulge. You have your reasons.

Mario for reasons that defy logic has focused his attention on Candle. A man who has done less with more pretty consistently since Matt Campbell's recruits left the program. So when the head over thinker in charge stops chasing the very average playcaller in Ohio or when Candle gives his final final answer we might actually come to a resolution in this ridiculous process.

Advertisement

This sounds like we are ****ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back