Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't wanna talk about Joe Brady again. Its just stupid to keep repeating points.
CIS has an obsession with him. As if he‘s some savant/guru who will cure Miami’s ills like an evangelical healer.

Spencer Whipple has a better resume than Brady when Brady arrived at L$U.

Advertisement
kneel GIF
He was the passing coordinator for his Dad at UMASS before going to the Cardinals. They finished in the Top 40 in passing his final year and he found Andy Isabella.

I know the Brady lovers won't admit it, but as the LSU offense in 2018 started to gel the signs were there to finish the season that 2019 could be a big offensive season for them.

They averaged 44.5 points per game last 4 games and almost 500 yards of offense. The talent was starting to gel and was becoming a real problem for defenses.

Burrow threw 11 of his 17 TDs the last 4 games of 2018.

Also that 2018 squad did score 36 and put up 475 yards against Georgia around mid season.

Brady added on what LSU players had started to show, but he basically went 5 man protection and spread it out more.

Brady does deserve credit, but I'm not giving him all the credit.

Pro Bowl QB, 2 pro bowl WR's deserve a good bit too.

Advertisement
So now it’s OC/QB: Spencer Whipple, WR: Leonard Hankerson? That where we are on combo 8.0
This would involve Mario chasing a coach currently in the San Francisco/Kyle Shanahan pipeline btw. A pipeline that pretty much ***** out future coordinators and HCs. His former DC just got the Texans job who then hired the 49ers Passing Game Coordinator be the new Texans OC.

Hankerson is gonna leave that to become a Co-OC/WR coach who doesn't call plays just because it is his alma mater? That would be an awful decision.

difference being Todd Monken stepped into a situation at Georgia where they had already stacked Top 3 classes and had a defense that would keep them in any game. also had backup offensive players that would start day one at Miami. Margin of error is a lot wider at Georgia. there is really no comparison.

You’re not completely wrong, but they were already extremely talented before that and weren’t very good on offense. Chaney had an alright offense in Kirby’s second year, but overall they weren’t very good until Monken came in. May not be the flashiest offense to many people but the guy is brilliant.

I wouldn’t put much distance between he and Candle, hard to say though because Candle has never had much elite talent to work with.

Burrow was a talented QB recruit, ‘Mr Football and Player of The Year‘ in Ohio. Top 10 QB on 247. He turned into a Heisman-winning 1st overall pick QB and is doing quite well without Brady. Both WRs were 1st round picks and are now stars.

Still, a fluke. Does Brady perform this miracle at Kansas State? Arkansas? Washington State? No.

This isn’t a slam on Brady. If you actually read my post I give Brady all the credit he deserves. He walked into a great situation and made the most of it. Took L$U into modern CFB. Absolutely.

He then flunked as an NFL OC and is now coaches QBs in Buffalo.
He had the misfortune of being paired with a stubborn HC and Rhule according to all accounts would not let Brady run his own offense and over ruled him at every turn.

Advertisement
I know the Brady lovers won't admit it, but as the LSU offense in 2018 started to gel the signs were there to finish the season that 2019 could be a big offensive season for them.

They averaged 44.5 points per game last 4 games and almost 500 yards of offense. The talent was starting to gel and was becoming a real problem for defenses.

Burrow threw 11 of his 17 TDs the last 4 games of 2018.

Also that 2018 squad did score 36 and put up 475 yards against Georgia around mid season.

Brady added on what LSU players had started to show, but he basically went 5 man protection and spread it out more.

Brady does deserve credit, but I'm not giving him all the credit.

Pro Bowl QB, 2 pro bowl WR's deserve a good bit too.

Yeah. If you look at Bill Connelly’s S&P+ preseason projections, it projected the LSU offensive to be *very* good in the upcoming season. And that’s not factoring in Brady, because the numbers can’t factor that in.

He had the misfortune of being paired with a stubborn HC and Rhule according to all accounts would not let Brady run his own offense and over ruled him at every turn.
All the credit when successful, none of the blame when unsuccessful. Neat.

You’re not completely wrong, but they were already extremely talented before that and weren’t very good on offense. Chaney had an alright offense in Kirby’s second year, but overall they weren’t very good until Monken came in. May not be the flashiest offense to many people but the guy is brilliant.

I wouldn’t put much distance between he and Candle, hard to say though because Candle has never had much elite talent to work with.

But Monken also got there right when Kirby had fully stacked classes.

How good is he if here’s there in Year 1?

This would involve Mario chasing a coach currently in the San Francisco/Kyle Shanahan pipeline btw. A pipeline that pretty much ***** out future coordinators and HCs. His former DC just got the Texans job who then hired the 49ers Passing Game Coordinator be the new Texans OC.

Hankerson is gonna leave that to become a Co-OC/WR coach who doesn't call plays just because it is his alma mater? That would be an awful decision.
Texans hired Slowick as OC? ****.

Advertisement
Come on ... LSU had the IDENTICAL roster the year before Brady got there. Same QB, same 3 WR's and same 3 RB's. The ONLY difference was the updated playbook that the OC hired Brady to "redesign". Then ... in 3rd down and red zone situations the OC turned play calling over to Brady (the OC's words not mine).
Chase and Marshall were true freshman. Justin Jefferson was a 2nd year player and still ended up having 900 yards 6TDs and it was Joe Burrow first year as a starter. Did Joe Brady have a Big role in their success? Absolutely but the main reason was the talent they had on offense, it was arguably a Top 3 most talented offense in college football history...

QB Burrow
RB Edwards Hailre
WR Justin Jefferson
WR Jamar Chase
WR Terrace Marshall
TE Foster Moreou
LT Saqiq Charles
LG Garrett Bromfield
C Lloyd Cushenberry
RG Damien Lewis
RT Austin Decules

That's a NFL Starter or All SEC type player at every position

CIS has an obsession with him. As if he‘s some savant/guru who will cure Miami’s ills like an evangelical healer.

Spencer Whipple has a better resume than Brady when Brady arrived at L$U.
Bring in Kliff as OC and Spencer Whipple can be the WR coach lol. Kliff interviewed for the Texans OC job so it looks like he's interested in coaching in 2023.

Advertisement
Come on ... LSU had the IDENTICAL roster the year before Brady got there. Same QB, same 3 WR's and same 3 RB's. The ONLY difference was the updated playbook that the OC hired Brady to "redesign". Then ... in 3rd down and red zone situations the OC turned play calling over to Brady (the OC's words not mine).

TrumpyCane isn’t going to downplay Brady but it was also Burrows first year starting in college

If you take a look at his numbers towards the end of the year he finished with 13 total TD, 1 INT, 1200 yards, almost 70% completion, and a 173 QB rating in his last 4 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back