Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Or until an nfl playoff caliber qb and 3 starting nfl wide receivers were on the same team.
Not taking anything g away from Brady. But it helps to have quality ingredients
Again, LSU would have squandered that talent. They had top 5 talent across the board for years that went to ****. Brady didn’t just give that offense life, it made them one of the if not GOAT college offenses.

Advertisement
Ok. Maybe he is.. but maybe it’s also not as simple as that. I already went through the reasons why not.
Johnson has been in the NFL for 3 years not one so you’re already off there. Up and coming NFL coaches rarely go down to college without seeing how NFL shakes out. Most who come down aren’t in line to be OCs/DCs they’re position coaches. Most who come down got fired from their respective positions

What is your thoughts about Sarasota? Give me a pros & cons list of purchasing a condo there.
D8F37C83-AE72-438E-891D-10F1056A0CE7.jpeg.jpg

Wonder if he's picking an OC to be the more wide-open spread style for a 1 or 2 year rental, because he's got a QB talent who's proven to be able to do that and he can get some transfers for WR to get us to at least an 8 win season, and then after 2 years once he recruits like the monster he has been, he goes to an OC more run oriented.
Gattis was just here too early, if he were here in like 2025 with Okunlola and Mauigoa and other OL he gets at minimum 2 or 3 years in. Not saying I'd want that again ahah

Advertisement
That situation on offense had been horrible for years. Burrow was mediocre. Brady came in and implemented that offense , taught it to the mediocre OC and any big play or important drive he called the plays. That’s from their OC‘s mouth and players. What he did there is one of the most impressive things I’ve ever seen in coaching. He took a prehistoric Lsu offense that had been been flat out mediocre to bad for years and instantly made it arguably the greatest offense ever.
The numbers are staggering. To go from 17 passing TD's in a season to 60 ... with the same QB, WR's and RB's? And at the same time even improving on the rushing performance. A true masterpiece of play design, calling and execution.

Mario isn’t moving in that direction. He’s doing the Alabama and Georgia formula. It’s one of the reasons we missed on Candle. You guys need to accept that. Mario really wants a Miami guy on this staff, it is what it is.
So it was Leonard. He can ******* coach.

These WRs are gonna be catching the FB in no time.

Brady did an awesome job but he did have a to of unbelievable talent on that roster... Joe Burrow went to the NFL and became literally a Top 3 QB and his 2 WRs are All Pro Caliber WRs. I would love to bring in Joe Brady though
Come on ... LSU had the IDENTICAL roster the year before Brady got there. Same QB, same 3 WR's and same 3 RB's. The ONLY difference was the updated playbook that the OC hired Brady to "redesign". Then ... in 3rd down and red zone situations the OC turned play calling over to Brady (the OC's words not mine).

Advertisement
Whipple is a rising star. Wouldn’t be mad if it’s him. For me, I don’t need a “****” hire, give me a innovative mind that is motivated to kill it here to become a HC somewhere else and not someone who is an asswhipe, banging recruits moms and inevitably unemployed.
And there’s been a certain somebody saying we should’ve had him on staff for a couple of years now. Posters name starts with a Z…can’t think of the rest 😬.

To be honest, I’m kind of surprised that all The sports books didn’t have a Super Bowl proposition with an over/under on whether Mario Cristobal and the Miami hurricanes would have an offensive coordinator by halftime of Super Bowl 57.

Advertisement
That situation on offense had been horrible for years. Burrow was mediocre. Brady came in and implemented that offense , taught it to the mediocre OC and any big play or important drive he called the plays. That’s from their OC‘s mouth and players. What he did there is one of the most impressive things I’ve ever seen in coaching. He took a prehistoric Lsu offense that had been been flat out mediocre to bad for years and instantly made it arguably the greatest offense ever.
Burrow was a talented QB recruit, ‘Mr Football and Player of The Year‘ in Ohio. Top 10 QB on 247. He turned into a Heisman-winning 1st overall pick QB and is doing quite well without Brady. Both WRs were 1st round picks and are now stars.

Still, a fluke. Does Brady perform this miracle at Kansas State? Arkansas? Washington State? No.

This isn’t a slam on Brady. If you actually read my post I give Brady all the credit he deserves. He walked into a great situation and made the most of it. Took L$U into modern CFB. Absolutely.

He then flunked as an NFL OC and is now coaches QBs in Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back