Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Brady took their playbook and threw Ensmingers prehistoric garbage in the trash and completely implemented Payton’s offense and concepts. Brady made that season possible. All that “ talent “ was trash before his arrival including the HC and OC. He made a lot of people money.
It wasn't even a discussion about Brady's exploits. More so the NFL and where they hire OCs from. Brady had to something historic to get an NFL OC job. and once he got back into the NFL he wanted to stay there. Even it means being a QB coach for a few years. That is why all the Brian Johnson talk on this board was nonsense.

difference being Todd Monken stepped into a situation at Georgia where they had already stacked Top 3 classes and had a defense that would keep them in any game. also had backup offensive players that would start day one at Miami. Margin of error is a lot wider at Georgia. there is really no comparison.
Their offense shot to another stratosphere when he got there too. Talent with a prehistoric scheme is useless in todays football. Lsu and Uga are the proof.

Quite a fluke. Brady was an analyst for Sean Payton, and walked into a perfect situation at L$U. Did a great job, no question, but quickly over his head as OC in Carolina and fired. Now QB coach for the Bills.
Wonder if he will wind up back with Payton in Denver

Advertisement
Months? Gattis was let go a few weeks ago. The holdup im referring to is Candle ensuring there is a plan in place when he leaves
The Struggle No GIF by The Runner go90

Advertisement
That situation on offense had been horrible for years. Burrow was mediocre. Brady came in and implemented that offense , taught it to the mediocre OC and any big play or important drive he called the plays. That’s from their OC‘s mouth and players. What he did there is one of the most impressive things I’ve ever seen in coaching. He took a prehistoric Lsu offense that had been been flat out mediocre to bad for years and instantly made it arguably the greatest offense ever.
Brady did an awesome job but he did have a ton of unbelievable talent on that roster... Joe Burrow went to the NFL and became literally a Top 3 QB and his 2 WRs are All Pro Caliber WRs. I would love to bring in Joe Brady though

Last edited:
Advertisement
difference being Todd Monken stepped into a situation at Georgia where they had already stacked Top 3 classes and had a defense that would keep them in any game. also had backup offensive players that would start day one at Miami. Margin of error is a lot wider at Georgia. there is really no comparison.

I was talking about overall philosophy. I think Mario believes he can recruit an elite roster. I don’t think he’s looking for a big risk/reward type hire and I can’t say I blame him. He’s going to live or die with what he feels he does best, which is talent acquisition. Much like Kirby. I’m gonna give you the freshest, most expensive ingredients. I don’t need the most exotic chef on earth. Just give me somebody that I know for a fact can cook.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back