Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Quite a fluke. Brady was an analyst for Sean Payton, and walked into a perfect situation at L$U. Did a great job, no question, but quickly over his head as OC in Carolina and fired. Now QB coach for the Bills.
That situation on offense had been horrible for years. Burrow was mediocre. Brady came in and implemented that offense , taught it to the mediocre OC and any big play or important drive he called the plays. That’s from their OC‘s mouth and players. What he did there is one of the most impressive things I’ve ever seen in coaching. He took a prehistoric Lsu offense that had been been flat out mediocre to bad for years and instantly made it arguably the greatest offense ever.

Last edited:
That's been the entirity of this thread.

Maybe Mario nails the hire.

Having said that, this thread is an example of most of humanity. When things are falling down around them, they make crazy leaps in logic and reasoning in an attempt to suspend reality.

The entire process has been a cluster ****. It doesn't have to be leaked or in the public eye to know its been such. The time and length to oust Gattis to naming his replacement is a joke.

We'll get who we get, but the idea that Mario is some mastermind who moves in silence, at least on the staffing front, has been eviscerated. Hope it works out, it still can, but hope for a great hire really makes people take some strange leaps.
This whole post is an example of your aforementioned leap in logic and reasoning.

Everything here is wrong. That situation on offenses had been horrible for years. Burrow was mediocre. He came in and implemented that offense , taught it to the mediocre OC and any big play or important drive he called the plays. That’s from their OC‘s mouth and players. What he did there is one of the most impressive things I’ve ever seen in coaching. He took an Lsu offense that had been prehistoric and flat out mediocre to bad for years and made it arguably the greatest ever.
People forget that LSU recruited at a top 5 level for decades and couldn’t field a top tier offense ever until Brady came along.

Advertisement
CFB is a results-oriented business. It's more important to get the hire right than making the hire quick. No one will care how long this took if it doubles our amount of wins and produces a competent offense.

Mario understands the importance of this hire as much as we do.
Agree to a point. Are you good with starting spring practice without an OC?

Whatever the average age on this board is, probably older, dating has gotten worse.

As in, a lot worse.
5F359FD7-F7DD-4F62-AE1A-D1F0A832BB2D.gif

Advertisement
Agree to a point. Are you good with starting spring practice without an OC?

It was a results business last year too and we ended up with Gattis…went 5-7 and here we are…

Agreed that what is important are the results in the fall, but some here expecting fans to ignore the last 12-14 months is foolhardy at best..

Advertisement
Why not? Only been in the league one year. Did a good job with Hurts but so did Enos. Big deal. As Highsmith allegedly said “Mickey Mouse could have been my coach.”

Not out of the question he gets passed over for a guy with more experience especially on a Super Bowl contending team.

He may get “consideration” (i.e. diversity, equity consideration) but he’s really unproven as a playcaller. Did a year stint as OC under Applewhite at Houston and Mullen at Florida. Both those guys been rumored to have talked to Mario during this OC search. Hmmmm.

Anyways, I doubt he wants the job but why would it be so far fetched to go from a position coach in NFL to a coordinator in college? Didn’t Fisch do that? I don’t know maybe I’m dumb.
Because he’s in line for an OC job at the NFL level. It’s as simple as that.

People forget that LSU recruited at a top 5 level for decades and couldn’t field a top tier offense ever until Brady came along.
Brady took their playbook and threw Ensmingers prehistoric garbage in the trash completely implementing Payton’s offense and concepts. Brady made that season possible. All that “ talent “ was trash before his arrival including the HC and OC. He made a lot of people money.

Advertisement
That situation on offense had been horrible for years. Burrow was mediocre. Brady came in and implemented that offense , taught it to the mediocre OC and any big play or important drive he called the plays. That’s from their OC‘s mouth and players. What he did there is one of the most impressive things I’ve ever seen in coaching. He took an Lsu offense that had been prehistoric to flat out mediocre to bad for years and instantly made it arguably the greatest offense ever.
Agree. It's much easier for me to dismiss his poor performance in Carolina as being due to Rhule's incompetence than it would be to dismiss his success at LSU.

That situation on offense had been horrible for years. Burrow was mediocre. Brady came in and implemented that offense , taught it to the mediocre OC and any big play or important drive he called the plays. That’s from their OC‘s mouth and players. What he did there is one of the most impressive things I’ve ever seen in coaching. He took an Lsu offense that had been prehistoric to flat out mediocre to bad for years and instantly made it arguably the greatest offense ever.

Most importantly Joe Brady and his schemes gave the kids the confidence to perform at the highest level. We need an offense that will give our kids confidence they will succeed every time they step on a field.

Replace Jason Candle with Todd Monken and I’ll bet you could find this exact post on a UGA board 4 years ago.
difference being Todd Monken stepped into a situation at Georgia where they had already stacked Top 3 classes and had a defense that would keep them in any game. also had backup offensive players that would start day one at Miami. Margin of error is a lot wider at Georgia. there is really no comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back