Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He may try to capture the headlines after the super bowl on Monday

Yeah, no.

Criticize Mario all you want. I won’t try to stop you.

But, trolling fan bases or trying to make big PR splash with headlines after the Super Bowl, that’s not in his repertoire. Maybe the prior guy, but I believe that’s just not him. If he makes some kind of a splash hire, which I doubt, it won’t be because that was the desired effect it’ll be because that’s the guy who he wants or was left.

If you go by what Gattis was getting paid, we can and have now offered a top 5 / 6 assistant coaching salary in all of college football. There are no excuses for what you can't get with that kind of financial firepower. That is elite pay, more than all but a literal handful of coaches.

It doesn't matter if we're rebuilding or not. You see people take dead end jobs for far less money yearly. Money is almost always the determining factor in a hire. The rebuild also gives them some time to build it up.

It isn't like we're in a recruiting dead zone. Far from it. So you'll get talent if you produce results. In particular when we've got a decent to good NIL game reportedly. Buy who you want and I say buy because that's what it is.

So if we've got an elite salary to offer, the talent pool to recruit from, and the NIL game is on point, then there's only one thing left if you can't get a top guy to take the job. Mario, he's the only thing left as an excuse. It's obvious he's not good at identifying the right guy (sorry, that's not hard) or he's got his vision and is hard to work with as an OC.

Guess we'll see what happens. There is no excuse not to land a top OC'er. None, zero, as everything is in place to make it happen.
^^

Advertisement
Yeah, no.

Criticize Mario all you want. I won’t try to stop you.

But, trolling fan bases or trying to make big PR splash with headlines after the Super Bowl, that’s not in his repertoire. Maybe the prior guy, but I believe that’s just not him. If he makes some kind of a splash fire, which I doubt, it won’t be because that was the desired effect it’ll be because that’s the guy who he wants or was left.
The only things I will criticize him for is his hiring process and who he has hired thus far. Also, being so **** indecisive and costing his team on the recruiting trail because his process is so excessively slow.

PR stunts don't seem to be his style at all. With that said, it would be smart to capture the headlines is he could. A lot of people will be viewing ESPN on Monday for highlights. Perfect time for an announcement. IMO

Advertisement
If you go by what Gattis was getting paid, we can and have now offered a top 5 / 6 assistant coaching salary in all of college football. There are no excuses for what you can't get with that kind of financial firepower. That is elite pay, more than all but a literal handful of coaches.

It doesn't matter if we're rebuilding or not. You see people take dead end jobs for far less money yearly. Money is almost always the determining factor in a hire. The rebuild also gives them some time to build it up.

It isn't like we're in a recruiting dead zone. Far from it. So you'll get talent if you produce results. In particular when we've got a decent to good NIL game reportedly. Buy who you want and I say buy because that's what it is.

So if we've got an elite salary to offer, the talent pool to recruit from, and the NIL game is on point, then there's only one thing left if you can't get a top guy to take the job. Mario, he's the only thing left as an excuse. It's obvious he's not good at identifying the right guy (sorry, that's not hard) or he's got his vision and is hard to work with as an OC.

Guess we'll see what happens. There is no excuse not to land a top OC'er. None, zero, as everything is in place to make it happen.
Money isn't the deciding factor for all coaches unfortunately, you can't just go out and buy any OC you want....it doesn't work like that

How do yall feel about Herradura?

Very good! I prefer Don Julio rep at that price point too.

@tsimonitis mentioned Fortaleza which is a good call, I like it a lot as well.

I turned a small glass kombucha bottle (wife) into a flask and filled it with Cuervo Reserva de Familia and smuggled it into a dry event last night before we went out : )

Lebby is at Oklahoma tho
south park beat a dead horse GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Very good! I prefer Don Julio rep at that price point too.

@tsimonitis mentioned Fortaleza which is a good call, I like it a lot as well.

I turned a small glass kombucha bottle (wife) into a flask and filled it with Cuervo Reserva de Familia and smuggled it into a dry event last night before we went out : )
I used to play salsa gigs in Altanta and the bandleader would bring DJ rep for us to sip during breaks. So flippin smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back