Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You watched a highlight clip from a year in which that offense finished 91st in scoring. You just happened to watch a game where they had their highest point total of the year. Willing to bet if you watch other games from that year all that creativity won't be there as better defenses are shutting them down. Applewhite has never been better than average anywhere he's been.

He's out of sight for a reason. The man went to Nick Saban's rehab for down and out coaches and the best he could do was be the South Alabama OC. The offense was better in 2022 so credit to him for that but he aint the one.
Ok. That’s fine… but I’m not talking only about the score and results…but what I seen on that one film was wayyy more than I seen, SCHEME WISE all year long with Gattis. I can look at each play and tell exactly what they were trying to accomplish.

Advertisement
And just to clarify, when you say “his sights” you mean Mario right?
Yes apparently Mario is trying to pry away this SEC OC (he just said someone on his staff so I’m guessing that it is OC because it seems logical).

Although the WR coach does make a little bit of sense too in another scenario. I can clarify when it’s all said and done. I told Cribs the dots I’m trying to connect lol

Advertisement
Yes apparently Mario is trying to pry away this SEC OC (he just said someone on his staff so I’m guessing but it is OC because it seems logical).

Although the WR coach does make a little bit of sense too in another scenario. I can clarify when it’s all said and done. I told Cribs the dots I’m trying to connect lol
I bet it’s Liam Coen

Advertisement
If it’s the name I think it is I’d be happy with it.
Donald Glover Waiting GIF

Nope. Nothing like Gatass stuff at all. I actually seen motion (from WR, Y, and TE) and Quick WR screens, think I saw a Power/pass or two… with pulling OL. RPOs, I saw a lot of Pistol formations, waggle passes outta pistol, true Zone Reads. Counter passes. I even seen a couple of Y crosses. This stuff is NOTHING like Gattis if u know what you’re looking at. Gattis was resorting to running Flea Flickers against teams like GSU…. because he had no clue how to get muhfuccas open. I seen more ny99as running wide open in that one film clip than I seen running open in all our games last year, combined. He’s not a **** name in 2023, he’s a bit long in the tooth, but the guy can still call an effective offense. But football ON ANY LEVEL… is an “outta sight, outta mind” business. You go away or down a level or two, for a few years and people forget about you.
i was way off, thank you

Advertisement
Yes apparently Mario is trying to pry away this SEC OC (he just said someone on his staff so I’m guessing that it is OC because it seems logical).

So now we gotta make a master list of every current SEC OC and cross reference the list to all of Dennis Smith's recent Twitter posts 🧐

Wild guess-Mike Denbrock. Seems like Kelly’s offense fits Mario and Saban recently tapped into the Kelly tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back