Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to discredit your opinion, but opinions on Mario are based on what we see in his actions. I’ve never heard him refer to himself as CEO or offensive minded. Him having an affinity for offense is easy to peg him with being he played OT and is heavily involved in coaching OL’s.
Yes, I did say it was my opinion but it’s not baseless. I’m also going by what Oregon fans have said about him. He micromanages the offense. We saw it last year with milking the play clock (even when trailing) and having the QB check with the sidelines before changing the play. He seems to have a very specific philosophy on offense predicated on ball control and limiting the number of snaps the opposing team gets on offense.

Advertisement
I’m starting think Mario is having a hard time getting a proven name. It’s either gonna be a retread or an unknown gamble.
Sure seems that way. From all indications, he did a nice job with the DC. For all we know, the OC is on board and he and Mario are interviewing position coaches. I surely hope that’s the case.

Look dude I like you and think you’re a great poster. I happen to believe there’s value in getting the new offensive playbook in the hands of the players as soon as possible. An opinion I shared privately with other posters in a DM before I ever heard that Flo had said the same thing.

You clearly disagree with that. No problem, doesn’t bother me at all. However, if you’re going to insult me and throw shade at me in other post then you can **** off and EAD.

You misunderstood what I said but I’m too lazy to explain it. All good. I’ll **** off and eat ****s.

Advertisement
You know I don't really snap like that. Everyone knows @djnellz doesn't spazz out like that.

But one thing I CANNOT STAND

IS A MFIN ***** *** ***** WHO TALKS **** AROUBD YOU AND HAS ZERO HUEVOS, ZERO CAJONES TO EVEN SAY **** TO MY FACE (or internet equivalent) or tag me. That's some ***** made ****. I wouldn't want that mfer in my foxhole, having my back, changing my tires, pumping my gas, making me quarter pounder add bacon with a large fry or taking my trash to the trash truck. **** mfers like that, those types will **** you over QUICK just like our previous OC (keeping it on subject)

As a matter of fact, Imma call ****** like that a Josh, or a Gattis, or both.

He's a ******* Josh Gattis to me.

Edit: I take that back, clown me don't care.

He's a fellow vet. Nah, I don't travel down those roads and **** on those who've paved the way for our "freedom".

WONT DO IT.

SQUASHED
So, Major Applewhite?

Sure seems that way. From all indications, he did a nice job with the DC. For all we know, the OC is on board and he and Mario are interviewing position coaches. I surely hope that’s the case.
We can only hope it’s a position coach opening but even so, if Applewhite is the position coach that’s a bad sign as to the scheme and OC.

Nobody worth a **** wants to be the OC here gang. We’ve been crap for 20 years, and it’s a risky job until proven otherwise.

I think Mario should be looking to hire the best OC he can find from the lower divisions. Take a gamble and hope they’re the real deal versus hiring some **** like Applewhite.

Maybe. I think Mario has a stigma attached to him offensively. I really think it’s making it difficult. That and I’m starting to believe his thinking is archaic offensively and it’s possibly poisoning the search.

Advertisement
Applewhite left being an analyst at Alabama to be OC at Southern Alabama. Doubt he reverses course to be analyst at Miami,

Honestly, I don’t even know if Applewhite has been interviewed for sure, although that’s what sources are saying, and in the end, I don’t care who gets the OC gig like everyone does on here with their hair on fire, but it’s entirely possible that if Applewhite is being interviewed, it’s as a quarterback coach. Of course if he’s being interviewed, it could be as an OC, I’m just throwing that out as another possibility.

At the end of the day, you won’t find me pulling my hair out and screaming like a girl if someone like him or other unpopular candidates are hired, just like you don’t see me, screaming and eeking, like a teenage fan girl for the DC hire, Guidry, who apparently is a very popular hire here.

Mario has been hired to win games and bring the program back to national prominence and playoff contention. He will either do it, or he won’t. That’s all I really care about. And I realize whatever philosophical approaches he takes on offense, or defense, in the end, the aforementioned goals are going to be the ultimate judgment metric.

This is how you go hard on here
Shark Tank Writing GIF

Yes, I did say it was my opinion but it’s not baseless. I’m also going by what Oregon fans have said about him. He micromanages the offense. We saw it last year with milking the play clock (even when trailing) and having the QB check with the sidelines before changing the play. He seems to have a very specific philosophy on offense predicated on ball control and limiting the number of snaps the opposing team gets on offense.
Your opinion is definitely not baseless and I apologize if I made it seem that way. For me, seeing is believing and my point was that we can base our opinions on what we see and hear from Mario himself rather than using others opinions to form our own.

You know I don't really snap like that. Everyone knows @djnellz doesn't spazz out like that.

But one thing I CANNOT STAND

IS A MFIN ***** *** ***** WHO TALKS **** AROUBD YOU AND HAS ZERO HUEVOS, ZERO CAJONES TO EVEN SAY **** TO MY FACE (or internet equivalent) or tag me. That's some ***** made ****. I wouldn't want that mfer in my foxhole, having my back, changing my tires, pumping my gas, making me quarter pounder add bacon with a large fry or taking my trash to the trash truck. **** mfers like that, those types will **** you over QUICK just like our previous OC (keeping it on subject)

As a matter of fact, Imma call ****** like that a Josh, or a Gattis, or both.

He's a ******* Josh Gattis to me.

Edit: I take that back, clown me don't care.

He's a fellow vet. Nah, I don't travel down those roads and **** on those who've paved the way for our "freedom".

WONT DO IT.

SQUASHED

You aren’t wrong brother.

Advertisement
Maybe. I think Mario has a stigma attached to him offensively. I really think it’s making it difficult. That and I’m starting to believe his thinking is archaic offensively and it’s possibly poisoning the search.
Definitely not a good look.

Advertisement
Nobody worth a **** wants to be the OC here gang. We’ve been crap for 20 years, and it’s a risky job until proven otherwise.

I think Mario should be looking to hire the best OC he can find from the lower divisions. Take a gamble and hope they’re the real deal versus hiring some **** like Applewhite.
What!? Lashlee came and put up 34 PPG which isn't great by any means, and landed a HC job. 34 PPG at Miami based on last 20 years is elite though

The stigma at Oregon is he wouldn't constantly interfere with the offense, not sure if he's still that way now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back