Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're closing in on two months now since Cristobal started looking for an OC with no end in sight, but now he is going to be sidetracked with a DC search?

Angry He Man GIF

Advertisement
from the article YOU shared

"
Veteran defensive coordinator Kevin Steele, who has worked for some of the biggest names in the sport, is set to return to college football next season as Maryland's defensive coordinator, sources told ESPN.

Steele did not coach last season. "

okay sorry, he was employed by maryland for what, 2 weeks before we got him? and he didn't coach the year before that

so i apologize, he was not unemployed... . he was 2 long weeks into a job at maryland after not coaching for a year before we got him.. i bet he learned a lot in those 2 weeks that kept him fresh and up to your standards of being employed
he spent the year at tenn w Pruitt and then became their interim when Pruitt got fired. he was literally a DC right before the AU stint ended when Gus got fired. strong hasn't DCed since urban Meyer defended Aaron Hernandez in Gainesville

he spent the year at tenn w Pruitt and then became their interim when Pruitt got fired. he was literally a DC right before the AU stint ended when Gus got fired. strong hasn't DCed since urban Meyer defended Aaron Hernandez in Gainesville
yeah idk man

again i'm not saying it would be a big **** hire and there's others out there that overall would be better long term as he's probably near retirement but if you think that because he was a LB coach in the NFL, defensive analyst for bama in 2020, and a HC for several years that he 1)forgot how to call plays and 2) wasn't around defensive scheming due to not having a sole "DC" title, then idk what to tell you about how cfb works

anywho, carry on

Advertisement
asking an honest question. what is the purpose of closing the thread if there isn't really any news to report? the user experience isn't really affected and the site generates probably more traffic with the derail. as soon as any news breaks, it will get back on topic.

no derail from me!
Ehhh… yes and no. There’s stuff going on. At a point it just becomes an unreadable cluster.

yeah idk man

again i'm not saying it would be a big **** hire and there's others out there that overall would be better long term as he's probably near retirement but if you think that because he was a LB coach in the NFL, defensive analyst for bama in 2020, and a HC for several years that he 1)forgot how to call plays and 2) wasn't around defensive scheming due to not having a sole "DC" title, then idk what to tell you about how cfb works

anywho, carry on
I think a guy who hasn't been a DC since 09 and the last time headed a D flopped massively in 15-16 isnt a great move. hes perfect as a position coach and Mario thought the same as well. we could keep strong in his role and tie in him w the play caller (Mario trusted Steele w that over Strong).

Advertisement
Like I said yesterday “ the longer this drags out the less likely it’ll happen“. Friday and even yesterday afternoon things sounded very positive. Yet here we are…..again. At some point Miami will have to move on.
I like Kevin Johns and he seems attainable. Disclaimer I really don’t know much about him or candle other than what I’ve read and how Duke carved up our D in the second half this year!

Being that Candle is a head coach is there anyway he is wanting to tell his team/school in person tomorrow before letting the news break if he is taking it?

And if he's off the table, who do you think Mario pivots to? This has potential to be alot worse.

I don’t know what Miami is doing. I was told this was done last week and then the name I was floated isn’t even in the running apparently.

Candle’s a good recruiter and mediocre head coach. His schemes are dog****.

Bring in a guy who is scheming offenses for this century.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's really getting ridiculous....Jesus H Christ
At what point is it ok to ask the question whether this is even too big for Mario to fix? As in there isn’t an amount of money large enough that will allow us to get back to the top.

I’m generally one of the most patient people on the planet but holy crap this is effing painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back