Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've hated Notre Dame for 40 years.

1675634856568.jpeg

Advertisement
I'll throw a different name out there: Kevin Decker, OC/QB at Fordham.

His offense this year ranked 1st in FCS for yds/gm, 2nd in total yds, 2nd in yds/play, 2nd in TDs (and on 2 fewer games than most teams).

They had the top passing offense and 23rd rushing offense. Second best on 3rd down conversions too.

He basically runs Tennessee's system.
Very intriguing but just don’t see it happening

Advertisement

His offense this year ranked 1st in FCS for yds/gm, 2nd in total yds, 2nd in yds/play, 2nd in TDs (and on 2 fewer games than most teams).

They had the top passing offense and 23rd rushing offense. Second best on 3rd down conversions too.

Decker took the OC job at Old Dominion in December. Decker played for Chip Kelly so he was familiar with Chip's offense. An assistant on the Fordham staff was a student assistant on Frost's staff at UCF. He stayed on when Huepel got the job. Decker got ideas from that guy and implemented the offense at Fordham.

Decker took the OC job at Old Dominion in December. Decker played for Chip Kelly so he was familiar with Chip's offense. An assistant on the Fordham staff was a student assistant on Frost's staff at UCF. He stayed on when Huepel got the job. Decker got ideas from that guy and implemented the offense at Fordham.
Yep. Sorry I missed the move to ODU.
Not a bad pedigree though.

Advertisement

I’m all for this!! Been pounding the table for this for awhile now.

Advertisement
If Steele leaves on defense I’d go after Jim Lenohard. Take a look at his defensive rankings there
Like him a lot, but how were Wisconsin’s stats padded by playing BIG 10 offenses? Many here criticize that conference for bad offenses, no?

I think terrible is a stretch but his recent resume isn’t one that leaves ppl jumping out of their seat with excitement. More like a steady/decent hire. It’s rightful to feel like for the salary Miami should be shooting and landing on the moon

He’s terrible.

Advertisement
Stranger things have happened. Chip Kelly went from OC at New Hampshire to Oregon OC. That turned out okay.
I agree, but do you think he could be on Marios radar.

someone said it before, I wouldn’t be surprised to see an OC hired who’s name hasn’t been brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back