The nobody gives a crap update

Advertisement
heres how it went down

1. james was told by richt that richt had retired

2. diaz is at temple putting his staff together

3. james gets told by people (you know who) to hire diaz back and the money would be spent for it

4. james asks manny if he would come back

5. manny asks for some time to think about it

6. manny tells temple and agrees with james to come back

thats fairly possible within 11 hours

Item #3 is the real issue. I have heard from multiple people that "James gets told" is not as simple as some would have us believe. There was a bit of premature offeration, if you will.

And I'm not saying there is some fundamental principle that an AD cannot be empowered to make such unilateral offers. Just that Beta Blake should never have been given his full drivers license, and I don't think he had the green light to stomp on the gas pedal and pay Temple $4M before talking it over with the adults (Soffers, et al.).

Item #3 is the real issue. I have heard from multiple people that "James gets told" is not as simple as some would have us believe. There was a bit of premature offeration, if you will.

And I'm not saying there is some fundamental principle that an AD cannot be empowered to make such unilateral offers. Just that Beta Blake should never have been given his full drivers license, and I don't think he had the green light to stomp on the gas pedal and pay Temple $4M before talking it over with the adults (Soffers, et al.).
you paint a picture that i didnt consider because i didnt want to think about it considering that it would be even more pathetic behaviour from an ad that is way over his head

Advertisement
you paint a picture that i didnt consider because i didnt want to think about it considering that it would be even more pathetic behaviour from an ad that is way over his head

It is incredibly pathetic, particularly when your realize that the ONLY thing saving Beta Blake from complete and absolute failure for every minute of his tenure is...a coaching candidate who happened to be a UM alum willing to take a job with his alma mater AND donate a million dollars of his salary.

Blake James took over in 2013. His football hirees have been Richt, who is a UM alum, and Manny, who was already on staff (or was 2 weeks prior to being hired) and whose father is the former Mayor of Miami. He has hired no basketball coaches. He hired Gino DiMare, who was already on staff and whose father is on the Board of Trustees.

Beta Blake is way WAY over his head when it comes to selecting coaches. He might be able to build a ticket office like nobody's business, but he is suspect on hiring coaches.

Somebody needs to take the car keys away from Beta Blake.

That's horrible IF true. I hope his career doesn't end this way. Also, if true, this better not somehow buy Manny another year.

This was literally my first thought. Somehow Manny spins this as a rebuilding year with a young QB. Hopefully the adults in the room see through that BS but at this point I wouldn't put anything past the University.

This is good news. Hopefully the ACC only credits Michigan State a portion of their touchdown(s) since the DTs played so well against the run.

If the score ends up being 32.3-17 I will feel a lot better about the program moving forward.
Spin spin spin! I’m dizzy!

Defensive coach can’t get his guys to backside contain (football 101), so what’s the solution? Quote some meaningless stats about how the opponent couldn’t run between the tackles. LOL. Who needs to run between the tackles when you can just cut back and rip off 20 yards to the outside every time?!?

He can’t be allowed to keep doing this.

Advertisement

the edge is not part of the d-line

Navarro knows what he’s doing here
on fire GIF

TOC, this place wouldn’t want to admit it but if King even hit half of his reads against Sparty then it’s a 50 burger on Sparty and that throw that was underthrown to Rambo for a pick probably would’ve been a TD. Kid is legit and is going to make up for a lot of our short comings.
c'mon Z... don't die on the hill.... we'll get you MEDEVAC... its on the way.... stay with us... stay with us...

Advertisement
There are many qualified candidates out there, and many have better resumes than Mario. Me personally, I want someone with NFL and college head coaching experience. Bill O'Brien, Lane Kiffin, Schiano, Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell, Luke Fickell, there are too many good coaches to ignore. We need to at least see who is interested out there. And yes you are right, a guy like Dabo you don't make wait. However, Cristobal is not on Dabo's level.
I love the Canes with a passion, but don't take Matt Rhule away from me. The Panthers look competent for the first time in a decade.

Also he's getting paid $10m a year.

Advertisement
Depends who those three losses are you speak on. I'd hope ur saying uva & nc st. I'd say we're looking at 5-6 losses unless we have a drastic turn around in play calling & execution.
Would it have mattered? Manny might have had enough cover to claim improvement and buy himself and James another year.

It's bad enough that I can say I want to at least beat FSU.

Advertisement
Back