The nobody gives a crap update

Advertisement
What an awesome and mature response. As you can see from my post earlier, I offered multiple coaches that I think would be successful here. And there are still more. You zeroed in on one. So who really has a boner buddy?
You missed the point entirely but do go on.

Advertisement
I don’t see why Lane should leave Oxford for Miami. He’s got a tougher road to accomplish much, but he’ll actually have the support to go for it.
There's a ceiling at Ole **** whereas the sky's the limit at the U. He's made plenty of money during his career, so hopefully, he'll look to make good on the promise of his career. I truly believe he would kill it at UM and could take us to the playoffs in our 2nd or 3rd year.

Of course, my opinion is less influential with the U admins than a squirt of ****, so... but I still hope we get Mario or Lane.

What an awesome and mature response. As you can see from my post earlier, I offered multiple coaches that I think would be successful here. And there are still more. You zeroed in on one. So who really has a boner buddy?

No, but you created parameters where you could exclude certain candidates and ONLY include your candidates. Nobody gives a **** if a guy has coached at the NFL level, the list of "only good in the NFL or only good in college" FAR EXCEEDS guys who have succeeded as coaches in BOTH the NFL and college.

Bill O'Brien - TWO years as a college head coach. Memorable quote: "I'm not a one-and-done guy. I made a commitment to these players at Penn State and that's what I am going to do. I'm not gonna cut and run after one year, that's for sure." Oh, so he stayed for TWO years, thus he is a man of his word. But, sure, sure, he's a 1-year (3-GAME) product of the Nick Saban Reform School for Coaches, so we should definitely take him...

Lane Kiffin - 5-15 (in 1.25 years) as an NFL head coach. This is where you really give away how ridiculous your "qualifications" are, and how desperate you are for "criteria" which include Kiffin and exclude Mario. What a joke.

Greg Schiano - I'm not against Schiano, he has actually coached for Miami, so he'd know what he's getting into. But he is a Jersey guy, and Rutgers (now) is in the Big 10, not the Big East. No reason for him to move. Culturally, he has found his dream job (again).

Matt Rhule - yeah, a guy who is 2-0 in the NFL is a HIIIIIIGHLY likely candidate. If you're HIIIIIIGH.

Matt Campbell - the first decent and possible name that you've mentioned.

Luke Fickell - the guy has never coached in the NFL.

So you propose some ridiculous criteria and then float a bunch of names, only one of which qualifies and would even consider the job. And FOR THIS you think that we should not "rush" into hiring Mario, but should instead conduct some sort of exhaustive "search" of candidates who would be uninterested in the job?

Hilarious. We have the most REALISTIC fans...

There's a ceiling at Ole **** whereas the sky's the limit at the U. He's made plenty of money during his career, so hopefully, he'll look to make good on the promise of his career. I truly believe he would kill it at UM and could take us to the playoffs in our 2nd or 3rd year.

Of course, my opinion is less influential with the U admins than a squirt of ****, so... but I still hope we get Mario or Lane.

So we should give a guy credit for being paid MULTIPLE TIMES to go away?

Standards...who gives a ****e when it's Lane Kiffin? Wins and losses? That doesn't apply to Lake Kiffin.

Tell me where I can get that crack-fentanyl-angel dust ****tail that allows me to board the Lane Train...

No, but you created parameters where you could exclude certain candidates and ONLY include your candidates. Nobody gives a **** if a guy has coached at the NFL level, the list of "only good in the NFL or only good in college" FAR EXCEEDS guys who have succeeded as coaches in BOTH the NFL and college.

Bill O'Brien - TWO years as a college head coach. Memorable quote: "I'm not a one-and-done guy. I made a commitment to these players at Penn State and that's what I am going to do. I'm not gonna cut and run after one year, that's for sure." Oh, so he stayed for TWO years, thus he is a man of his word. But, sure, sure, he's a 1-year (3-GAME) product of the Nick Saban Reform School for Coaches, so we should definitely take him...

Lane Kiffin - 5-15 (in 1.25 years) as an NFL head coach. This is where you really give away how ridiculous your "qualifications" are, and how desperate you are for "criteria" which include Kiffin and exclude Mario. What a joke.

Greg Schiano - I'm not against Schiano, he has actually coached for Miami, so he'd know what he's getting into. But he is a Jersey guy, and Rutgers (now) is in the Big 10, not the Big East. No reason for him to move. Culturally, he has found his dream job (again).

Matt Rhule - yeah, a guy who is 2-0 in the NFL is a HIIIIIIGHLY likely candidate. If you're HIIIIIIGH.

So you propose some ridiculous criteria and then float a bunch of names, only one of which qualifies and would even consider the job. And FOR THIS you think that we should not "rush" into hiring Mario, but should instead conduct some sort of exhaustive "search" of candidates who would be uninterested in the job?

Schiano the exact type of retarded loser hire we'd make

Advertisement
If Manny gets fired, and I think that he will, UM will likely clean house IMO. None of the big sports programs have done much for a while, and the BOT is not happy about that, just like Cribby said. I think they will target Mario, Jamey Chadwell, and a couple of former or current NFL coaches that are or will be available.

Let that man fight his own battles, lol. And what I said is that's what I preferred, a coach with NFL and college experience. There aren't many like that. I listed guys like Campbell and Fickell because like I said, there are far too many quality coaches around to give the job away without seeing who is interested. We don't know who was interested last time the job available because of what Blake James did. And for the record, I'm not against Mario getting the job, show me where I said that. All I want is for us to do our due diligence and find the right guy.

Advertisement
Here's my take on the tackling issue.

I'm a firm believer that experience is the best teacher and with that experience, it's much more conducive to teach another a certain task. If someone has NEVER made a tackle in a live game, how the **** does that someone teach another how to do it?

Advertisement
Let that man fight his own battles, lol. And what I said is that's what I preferred, a coach with NFL and college experience. There aren't many like that. I listed guys like Campbell and Fickell because like I said, there are far too many quality coaches around to give the job away without seeing who is interested. We don't know who was interested last time the job available because of what Blake James did. And for the record, I'm not against Mario getting the job, show me where I said that. All I want is for us to do our due diligence and find the right guy.

Let WHAT man fight WHAT own battles? Did you not say this: "Me personally, I want someone with NFL and college head coaching experience"?

Nobody is GIVING THE JOB AWAY. Mario is the coach of the #3 team in the country. Sure, at any given moment, a team can lose and drop, BUT HE IS CURRENTLY THE COACH OF THE #3 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY. That is NOT "giving the job away", particularly when YOUR names are:

Bill O'Brien - not currently a head coach
Lane Kiffin - currently the head coach of the #13 team
Greg Schiano - currently the head coach of an unranked, not-even-receiving-votes team
Matt Rhule - currently the head coach of a 2-0 NFL team
Matt Campbell - currently the head coach of the #18 team
Luke Fickell - currently the head coach of the #8 team

So you are proposing SIX candidates who are not even performing at Mario's current level, while simultaneously claiming we would be "giving away" the job if we hired Mario.

Ridiculous.

"Due diligence" is not a guarantee of making the right hire. Lack of due diligence AND a bad hire is a problem.

I don't give a ****e "who is interested". Nearly every college coach in the country would be "interested". Whether they would be good fits...completely different issue.

I don’t trust kiffin to sustain a high level of success. Regardless of a potential jumping of the ship. He can reach success within 3 years at Miami, I doubt he could sustain high performance like Mario could as UM’s coach.

Advertisement
Back