The nobody gives a crap update

I truly believe Mario wants to be in Miami, given the right circumstances. Those include, Blake being gone, an actual financial commitment to the football program, etc..

Being from Miami, Eugene, OR. is a dull place. Cristobal may want out of Oregon, but Miami's got to show commitment.

With what I outlined, I doubt we see Mario ever as HC.
Everything you wrote is logical and makes sense. Having said that, I feel strangely hopeful. Like, maybe, just maybe we'll pull off something good here. Probably not, but hope springs eternal.

Advertisement
Like a car accident, I dare you to look away…

Example of bad coaching & players - coking into this game, the one thing this dude did in game #1 & 2 was he always cuts back. Never made adjustments for the cutbacks. DJ Ivey on a blitz and all out of position before we even start missing tackles. SMDH!

There are many qualified candidates out there, and many have better resumes than Mario. Me personally, I want someone with NFL and college head coaching experience. Bill O'Brien, Lane Kiffin, Schiano, Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell, Luke Fickell, there are too many good coaches to ignore. We need to at least see who is interested out there. And yes you are right, a guy like Dabo you don't make wait. However, Cristobal is not on Dabo's level.
thank the heavens you dont decide who coaches this team next

Advertisement
Gave a "like" on sharing the article....even the guy who wrote it said "King would've EASILY been a 2nd rounder at QB"......I STRONGLY disagree with that. That guy must didn't see King get hurt because with limited upside (due to height etc), you add in a significant ACL injury and there's now way King would've been drafted before the 5th round, if drafted at all. He's NFL caliber in character and a lot of things that matter to NFL execs (who wants a kid that will not listen and will not work hard), so I do think if he's humble and willing to be a backup QB etc, he'll make a long lucrative career in the NFL (think Tyrod Taylor or Brian Hoyer types).

I can only hope that Mario-C is actually considering coming home to lead us out of the dark days.
At his best his draft grade was 4-5 which still gives you a shot. His absolute ceiling was 3rd round. From draft scouts

Advertisement
I’m going to state the obvious. First and foremost, Mario’s gotta WANT to come to Miami and by all indications, if Beta Blake is still here, he ain’t coming.

Secondly, Oregon is currently ranked 3rd with a favorable schedule. He’s established himself and his program as the alpha in the PAC12 with deep pocket support. His name is popping up all over as a candidate for several high profile HC positions. Unless he shyts the bed a game or 2 this season, he’ll be the hottest HC on the planet.

Lastly, a lot of stuff has to happen to even consider Mario being the next HC at the U. I don’t see anything happening with Mario until the end of the season no matter what Manny’s status is from this point forward.

Like the old saying goes “Don’t get the cart before the horse.”
It’s putting the cart before the horse.

So wins and losses don't matter
They could have hired Kiffin when they gave the job to Manny. Kiffin was ready to run through a fire to get out of FAU. Cristobal won't leave for USC and I can't see him coming to UM either. He's got too sweet a deal where he is to pull up stakes & go for another rebuild. UM should go after Hugh Freeze. Guy is a proven winner.

Not if you have a boner for Kiffen
What an awesome and mature response. As you can see from my post earlier, I offered multiple coaches that I think would be successful here. And there are still more. You zeroed in on one. So who really has a boner buddy?

Advertisement
They could have hired Kiffin when they gave the job to Manny. Kiffin was ready to run through a fire to get out of FAU. Cristobal won't leave for USC and I can't see him coming to UM either. He's got too sweet a deal where he is to pull up stakes & go for another rebuild. UM should go after Hugh Freeze. Guy is a proven winner.
Hugh Freeze would be a good hire. No argument here.

Commence my beating, but I believe Butch should've been the choice when we chose Richt and Mario should've been the choice when Blake chose Diaz. I'm sticking with Mario, but if he doesn't want in, I think we go all in on the Lane Train unless we get some unforseen stud like Meyer or something like that.

To fire the AD, you have to find a successor.
ef9ee5d8197126d3ef5d68da0c4aca4c.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back