The nobody gives a crap update

I’m going to state the obvious. First and foremost, Mario’s gotta WANT to come to Miami and by all indications, if Beta Blake is still here, he ain’t coming.

Secondly, Oregon is currently ranked 3rd with a favorable schedule. He’s established himself and his program as the alpha in the PAC12 with deep pocket support. His name is popping up all over as a candidate for several high profile HC positions. Unless he shyts the bed a game or 2 this season, he’ll be the hottest HC on the planet.

Lastly, a lot of stuff has to happen to even consider Mario being the next HC at the U. I don’t see anything happening with Mario until the end of the season no matter what Manny’s status is from this point forward.

Like the old saying goes “Don’t get the cart before the horse.”

Advertisement
If Oregon makes the CFP this season do you think he’ll leave there to come here? Has a coach ever left a playoff contender to go down a notch? It just sounds unrealistic but...
Jimbo Fisher to A&M Not Saying FSU was top notch, but contenders like Oregon.

Don’t discredit the factor these kids play and everything they hear behind the scenes. The team will quit on him to be rid of him
Think a decent number of the higher profile/bigger fish stick around if Diaz is gone and the right coach is brought in?

Quite honestly I don't understand this push for St Cristobal, I mean he has done good lately in Oregon but is his record / tactics / X+O /recruiting/ manager skills the best we can aspire to? I'll say this, he is one of the top candidates but a candidate nevertheless. There's only one description I am looking for in the hire, and that is, SEC ASSASIN. If whoever is being considered fits that description, fine. And if there are multiple options, the who better fits that description should be hired. Who has proved he can deal with the SEC and be successful? We have being doing a **** poor effort in the hiring of head coaches for the past 20 years. Are we going to continue selecting the flavor of the week alternative? To be honest I don't think Mario fits the description, SEC ASSASIN, pretty close but not quite.

They write big checks to pay for a shît ton of things at UM. That’s why.
I get that but why write the checks if you have 0 interest in the things that actually give you a return on your investment? Write a check for 3 million to invest in the school, the school uses it to help with making sports programs relevant. That in return makes the school more money.

Advertisement
Gave a "like" on sharing the article....even the guy who wrote it said "King would've EASILY been a 2nd rounder at QB"......I STRONGLY disagree with that. That guy must didn't see King get hurt because with limited upside (due to height etc), you add in a significant ACL injury and there's now way King would've been drafted before the 5th round, if drafted at all. He's NFL caliber in character and a lot of things that matter to NFL execs (who wants a kid that will not listen and will not work hard), so I do think if he's humble and willing to be a backup QB etc, he'll make a long lucrative career in the NFL (think Tyrod Taylor or Brian Hoyer types).

I can only hope that Mario-C is actually considering coming home to lead us out of the dark days.

I get that but why write the checks if you have 0 interest in the things that actually give you a return on your investment? Write a check for 3 million to invest in the school, the school uses it to help with making sports programs relevant. That in return makes the school more money.
That’s not how they see it. They’re totally interested in their areas and schools of focus - law, medical, business… etc. Improving those areas is the return they want.

Advertisement
That’s not how they see it. They’re totally interested in their areas and schools of focus - law, medical, business… etc. Improving those areas is the return they want.

You are 100% correct, and I have agreed on multiple occasions.

At the same time, there have been some posts that have stated that Soffer was willing to pay Mario's buyout three years ago.

I have long ago given up any prediction as to how a wealthy person will choose to spend his/her money. Someone just paid $3.6 million for the first appearance of Spider-Man (Amazing Fantasy #15, original price of 12 cents). I have a piece of wall art of Amazing Fantasy #15, and it cost me $12, not $3.6 million.

The rich are going to keep on riching. If Carol Soffer wants to spend millions to get Manny, I'm not going to question her ROI...

How about we vett multiple candidates and not just hand the job over this time.
If Dabo or even a James Franklin type wanted to job....there's no need. Big difference between not conducting a search and hiring your DC who has ZERO P5 HC experience, as opposed to conducting several interviews when a guy who's proven to turn a program around (Mario-Franklin "Dabo not coming, only said to make my point).

If Mario wants in you don't make him wait for a bunch of interviews just to say "we conducting a national coaching search"....that's how you get left at the alter.....have to remember who is on the which side of the table.....as Money Mayweather would put it....Mario is on the A side and we're on the B side. If he wants the job, we shut down the search and announce the hire....period.

If Oregon makes the CFP this season do you think he’ll leave there to come here? Has a coach ever left a playoff contender to go down a notch? It just sounds unrealistic but...
Miami is still the most fertile recruiting ground in the country. Look at Adam Shefter's tweet from a couple days ago--Miami high schools had more players on NFL rosters (19) than any other city. Houston was 2nd and NO 3rd. Compare that to Oregon, which has usually been bereft of local HS talent, requiring Oregon to get into other places to recruit.

Advertisement
It’s the only way to truly compete with the elites at this point or the BoT should just accept that this is a mediocre football program.

Would Deruyter follow out here? Mirabal and Ponce are basically no brainers. I’d assume he’d want money to go even bigger at some spots.
I think you can put James Coley on this list as well

Advertisement
I'm speculating, but if we could get a good AD, you get the sense that Frenk might allow that individual to call the shots, which would be great. It always seemed that when Donna was in charge, she'd call all the shots but Frenk seems to have a more passive personality.

You are not far off. Donna's Achilles heel was her fixation with doing things within a low budget. Frenk simply does not care one bit about the program, and that is one reason why he's in trouble. Including poor fund raising and dropping in USNews.

Mario ain't it.

He hasn't proved himself as a good HC. If he's smart he will use Miami push for a pay raise and stay in Oregon

Advertisement
Back