The nobody gives a crap update

Advertisement
Most of the influencial BOT members are not alumni of the U.
They have no loyalty to Miami athletics and don't think they care one way or other.

To the others, it is a prestige position.
Then why are they influential members? Do they show up and cheer at graduations?

"Cristobal’s buyout to leave UO, presently $8 million, increases to $9 million through Jan. 14, 2022, and decreases annually to $6.5 million, $4 million, $2 million and $1 million, respectively, and $1 million again if the additional year is enacted."

Read the article.

Go Canes
I did. What's his buyout on January 15, 2022?

Then why are they influential members? Do they show up and cheer at graduations?

They are there for their own ego and prestige... they don't give a **** about the school's athletic program unless they are alumnus.

I don't blame them because that's how I feel about the U though I am an administrator at a small, highly ranked NC school. My colleagues are just as insufferable about their own alma mater though our paychecks come from this NC school.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
"Cristobal’s buyout to leave UO, presently $8 million, increases to $9 million through Jan. 14, 2022, and decreases annually to $6.5 million, $4 million, $2 million and $1 million, respectively, and $1 million again if the additional year is enacted."

Read the article he clearly wants to stay in Oregon. Where he is king.

Go Canes

The queen...

Advertisement
He will have a new contract OFFER, and that will be the "starting point" for what Miami needs to offer.

Which is why I have said we need to skip the dance and go straight to the "tops all other offers" number of $10 million. Just get it done, no need to lowball it like we did with Butch.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. If he wants to stay at Oregon, he'll have a new contract offer to sign. He'll sign it if he wants to stay.

If he wants to leave, he won't sign it.

Advertisement
Yeah that's what I'm saying. If he wants to stay at Oregon, he'll have a new contract offer to sign. He'll sign it if he wants to stay.

If he wants to leave, he won't sign it.

OK, fair enough, just wanted to clarify. And in fairness to Oregon, they'll have plenty of good choices with the money they can pay.

I'm speculating, but if we could get a good AD, you get the sense that Frenk might allow that individual to call the shots, which would be great. It always seemed that when Donna was in charge, she'd call all the shots but Frenk seems to have a more passive personality.

Advertisement
Back