Alfred R. Camner
Adam E. Carlin
Wayne E. Chaplin
Christopher Chen
Adriana Cisneros
Charles E. Cobb
Landon Coles
Edward A. Dauer
Paul J. DiMare - This dude is an old head that only cares about baseball and his son coaching it.
David L. Epstein
Richard D. Fain -Royal Caribbean CEO dont give two $hits about Canes Football
Miguel B. Fernandez
Phillip Frost - Band Geek come on!
Phillip T. George
Rose Ellen Greene
Barbara Hecht Havenick
Allan M. Herbert
Marilyn J. Holifield
Manuel Kadre
Carolyn B. Lamm
Marcus Lemonis
Jayne Sylvester Malfitano
Jose R. Mas - We need this guy to pony up big time
Patricia Menendez-Cambo
Stuart A. Miller
William L. Morrison
Judi Prokop Newman
Aaron S. Podhurst
Lois Pope
Alex E. Rodríguez
Steven J. Saiontz
Robert E. Sanchez
Marvin R. Shanken
Laurie S. Silvers
H. T. Smith, Jr.
Jacquelyn R. Soffer - Is this family gonna pony up more money?
E. Roe Stamps, IV
Ronald G. Stone
Johnny C. Taylor, Jr.
Ana Veiga Milton
Alice S. Vilma
Jonathan Vilma

David R. Weaver
Geisha J. Williams
G. Ed Williamson II

Which four? because based on my guess here. Those are not very good odds that we can get anything done.
Like any board of such a large organization, they're probably broken up into "advisory groups" who are experts at certain pieces of the business. As a board, all their votes are equal.. But all board members can't be deeply knowledgeable about every part of the University. Therefore they rely on the "advisory groups" to recommend/give advice about their areas of expertise.

I'm assuming there's an "athletics advisory group" that probably cares a lot more about athletics than the rest of the board and that group probably will make a recommendation to the rest of the board. most of the board will just go along with it because they don't care about athletics.

Advertisement
Can we start by giving CMD full control of everything?
That would help but I think at this point, it would only be a very small difference. I believe the city of Miami is past Manny now. I rather give full control to someone who isn't a first-time head coach. As you see, he can't even handle being a coach and DC at the same time.

Advertisement
Mario Cristobal has a $9 million buyout plus the endless support of nike Bagman. At Miami he would endless restrictions and former players adding in their 2 cents at every turn. He is staying in Oregon an banking his money.

Go Canes

Mario Cristobal has a $9 million buyout plus the endless support of nike Bagman. At Miami he would endless restrictions and former players adding in their 2 cents at every turn. He is staying in Oregon an banking his money.

Go Canes

Stick to what you know. Where are the more ample buttocks, Eugene or Miami?

Kidding...but not by much...

Go Canes
The buyout drops to 6.5 million in January and he only makes $4.3 mil/yr, basically what we paid Richt.

If we don't hire him, it won't be because of money.

Advertisement
The buyout drops to 6.5 million in January and he only makes $4.3 mil/yr, basically what we paid Richt.

Soffer pays the buyout and we go back to the budgeted coaching salary that we paid three years ago. Seems reasonable.

And yet we have porsters inventing monetary constraints...

if this season continues to go like it is for Oregon, Mario will have a new contract by the end of the season.

if he doesn't, it's because he's considering leaving and a new contract would be prohibitive.

Go Canes
Lol he ain’t coming

So if Miami somehow beats UVA he gets to stay? That’s the last thing we want. He’s not the answer. I don’t care how the rest of the season goes. He has shown he has no idea how to get a team prepared or motivated week in week out. He gets outcoached every week. No matter the level of team we are playing. There is literally no reason to keep dragging this on.
Don’t discredit the factor these kids play and everything they hear behind the scenes. The team will quit on him to be rid of him

Advertisement
Soffer pays the buyout and we go back to the budgeted coaching salary that we paid three years ago. Seems reasonable.

And yet we have porsters inventing monetary constraints...
Lol if I’m the soffer’s, why am I paying any more ******* money to this program? Haha y’all out here pocket watching, it’s hilarious.

if this season continues to go like it is for Oregon, Mario will have a new contract by the end of the season.

if he doesn't, it's because he's considering leaving and a new contract would be prohibitive.

He will have a new contract OFFER, and that will be the "starting point" for what Miami needs to offer.

Which is why I have said we need to skip the dance and go straight to the "tops all other offers" number of $10 million. Just get it done, no need to lowball it like we did with Butch.

Lol if I’m the soffer’s, why am I paying any more ******* money to this program? Haha y’all out here pocket watching, it’s hilarious.

Please stop the nonsense. It has been stated MULTIPLE times that she was willing to pay the buyout 3 years ago. It's not like people are just making up some hypothetical that has no factual precedent.

Advertisement

Go Canes

yeah why does anyone think Mario would even want this job? People are saying give him control of the FB program, do we know he does NOT have that at Oregon? He has all the funds and facilities and stuff he needs to sell in recruiting, they are a top 5 team who just beat media darling Ohio State, like he is peaking and surging right now. Also add in the Miami media, ex-players going in on the program and So. Fla drama what makes miami more attractive then Oregon for Mario? Obviously $$$ can change a lot of things but he is making good not great cash there.

Also this is just my opinion, but I think the West Coast is easier to recruit than over here. Yes Bama and other top programs go where ever they want, but like go West of TX and what school are you recruiting against? USC once in a blue moon? UCLA? Washington? BYU? Not all Cali kids can relate to the South East, if Flowe or Thibodeux grew up in FL does anyone think they go to Oregon? I mean you have FSU, UF, UM, UGA, Bama and Clemson all within driving distance trying to pull FL kids. Yet Cali is pumping out kids comparable to FL and you may have Bama poaching the occasional Najee Harris or Bryve Young out of Cali but just appears from general optics not as much comp.

Last edited:
Completely agree.

I hope Blake is fired in the next hour. But there is no guarantee that we will have an AD in place to conduct a search anyhow.

Though it pains me to say it (given the recent history), I don't think a "nationwide search" is in the cards right now.

Again, this is purely a context situation. We have succeeded (in the past) without nationwide searches. We have failed (in the past) with nationwide searches. It doesn't make one approach ABSOLUTELY better than the other, and I know that the lack of "due diligence" has hurt us twice in a row.

Very good points all around, I just think that IN THIS SITUATION we need to hire Mario.

Even if we set aside Mario's obvious UM connections, can you possibly imagine the bloated BOT hiring a "search firm" (because Beta Blake will NOT be allowed to handle this), and then the "search firm" generates the same crappy list of names that our porsters generate? And then the BOT can't sort the wheat from the chaff?

Jenn will be the interim AD if Blake gets fired.

"Cristobal’s buyout to leave UO, presently $8 million, increases to $9 million through Jan. 14, 2022, and decreases annually to $6.5 million, $4 million, $2 million and $1 million, respectively, and $1 million again if the additional year is enacted."

Read the article he clearly wants to stay in Oregon. Where he is king.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back