The nobody gives a crap update

If we do that, plenty of other candidates will be hired, the recruiting class will be gone, and Miami will be left ****-in-hand again.

We need to search Sam Jankovich's pants pockets, since he always had a list of coaches' names in his back pocket. Instead, we have Beta Blake, who has a list of UM's top donors in his back pocket.

Sam didn't have some big "nationwide search" to hire JJ or Erickson. I understand the anger/frustration with the lack of nationwide searches recently, but we ARE talking about Beta Blake here. The issue is NOT the lack of a nationwide search, it's the fact that Beta Blake has NO IDEA WHO IS A GOOD COACH even before the search begins.
Blake should not be conducting the search anyway. His firing and replacement should be coming soon.

Advertisement
15-0 cult followers have been trying to feed us **** sandwiches too
Yes, it's the fans that are the real problem.

I completely understand wanting something to be so bad you overlook flaws. AS A FAN. As an AD, it's a different story. The 15-0 crowd are loyal Canes fans and haven't the fans suffered enough?

We actually might come out of this ****storm of a season in an even better position than we'd hoped.

Mirabal used to post here on CiS all the time.

Last time that I remember him posting was when they hired Danny Miaz. Mirabal said that Mario was ****ed, and that the ship had sailed. They had majorly disrespected him.

Only way that I can see him coming is if he is assured that Flake James will be fired, and if he gets full control of the football program, similar to Saban at ‘Baga.
They should let Mario fire Blake as part of his deal, might save a few million and he'd love it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Blake should not be conducting the search anyway. His firing and replacement should be coming soon.

Completely agree.

I hope Blake is fired in the next hour. But there is no guarantee that we will have an AD in place to conduct a search anyhow.

Though it pains me to say it (given the recent history), I don't think a "nationwide search" is in the cards right now.

Again, this is purely a context situation. We have succeeded (in the past) without nationwide searches. We have failed (in the past) with nationwide searches. It doesn't make one approach ABSOLUTELY better than the other, and I know that the lack of "due diligence" has hurt us twice in a row.

Very good points all around, I just think that IN THIS SITUATION we need to hire Mario.

Even if we set aside Mario's obvious UM connections, can you possibly imagine the bloated BOT hiring a "search firm" (because Beta Blake will NOT be allowed to handle this), and then the "search firm" generates the same crappy list of names that our porsters generate? And then the BOT can't sort the wheat from the chaff?

Completely agree.

I hope Blake is fired in the next hour. But there is no guarantee that we will have an AD in place to conduct a search anyhow.

Though it pains me to say it (given the recent history), I don't think a "nationwide search" is in the cards right now.

Again, this is purely a context situation. We have succeeded (in the past) without nationwide searches. We have failed (in the past) with nationwide searches. It doesn't make one approach ABSOLUTELY better than the other, and I know that the lack of "due diligence" has hurt us twice in a row.

Very good points all around, I just think that IN THIS SITUATION we need to hire Mario.

Even if we set aside Mario's obvious UM connections, can you possibly imagine the bloated BOT hiring a "search firm" (because Beta Blake will NOT be allowed to handle this), and then the "search firm" generates the same crappy list of names that our porsters generate? And then the BOT can't sort the wheat from the chaff?
Wouldn't you have to imagine that somebody has somebody like Highsmith on speed dial or enough connections that a leading contender would pop to the surface in a matter of hours/days?

I would think this is one of those situations where you handle it like a monkey. Don't let go of one branch until you've got hold of another.

They should let Mario fire Blake as part of his deal, might save a few million and he'd love it.

Can we just have Mario hold Beta Blake's head in a Hecht toilet for a few minutes? And on an unrelated note, do we have to pay a severance in the event of "accidental death"?

Don't ban me, @Andrew , these are just good-natured jokes. I would never wish harm on Beta Blake, I just want the little weasel to be set free in the middle of an African game preserve.

Advertisement
Can we start by giving CMD full control of everything?
uqTjbTS.gif

Wouldn't you have to imagine that somebody has somebody like Highsmith on speed dial or enough connections that a leading contender would pop to the surface in a matter of hours/days?

I would think this is one of those situations where you handle it like a monkey. Don't let go of one branch until you've got hold of another.

I guess what I'm saying is that OTHER SUITORS may already be reaching out to Mario, and I'd hate for USC to get to a "verbal agreement" (because you know this won't be announced until November) before Miami can even pull its d!ck out of its shorts.

But I otherwise agree with you, which is why I have focused on the AD issue as being a proxy for the coaching issue. If you fire Beta Blake immediately, the world can figure out how the coaching retention decision will go. And if you hire Alonzo immediately, Mario knows how the coaching interviews/coaching pay/resources promises/athletic philosophy decisions will go.

Advertisement
Back