The nobody gives a crap update

And everything you say coincides with the time that Beta Blake has been in charge.

Hocvnt and The Shermanator were limp-d!cks, but Beta Blake is actively destroying this program.

ACTIVELY, w/ no recourse, bro.

Do we really recall that dude Golden went M.I.A, tried to back door a coaching gig at PSU, w/ him not returning Blake’s calls, and NOTHING happened to Golden? That’s the type of guy that’s running our program.

Advertisement
As long as the other 97 shut the fvck up, it won't be a problem.

By the way, it's more than 3. I'm not saying it's 30, but we have enough motivated Trustees to make something happen. That's not a guarantee that something WILL happen, but it's a start.

And everyone, all of us, need to keep up the pressure. Planes, banners, billboards, banner trucks, e-mails to Trustees, pizza delivery to Trustees, whatever it takes.
Your as dialed in as anyone so I hope you’re right.

So why didn't the Mario hire happen? Was it money, was it resources Mario required etc? I'm bummed we didn't get it done....administration went the cheap route only to now have to pay the Manny buyout and still give in to Mario's requests....should've done it the 1st time
Blame went behind Soffer’s back with the approval of lower ranking BOT members. That why everybody knows he’s attached to Manny.

Advertisement
Guys stop bickering and focus!
book patrick GIF

If he's smart, he tells them he'll wait until the season ends and gives the reason that if they win the Natty he'd argue for Top 3-5 HC pay. That's only if he's even remotely interested in coming to UM
He’s not leaving mid season. I’m just waiting to see if it’s reported that they are working on an extension.

Your as dialed in as anyone so I hope you’re right.

I just PM'd one of the other well-known/well-connected posters on this thread, we just have to be honest and focus on the right issues.

The UM BOT is too large. Over half of the BOT are not UM alums, they are only on the Board due to them living in SoFla and wanting to put their names on buildings. ****, I'll even give credit to A-Rod, he WOULD HAVE BEEN a UM alum if he hadn't been drafted so high.

The reality is that almost nobody on our BOT got the job because of some special knowledge or affinity for sports. People should about "the BOT doesn't care", but the truth is that they care a little bit WHILE HAVING NO INFORMED OR EXPERT IDEA ON WHAT TO DO NEXT.

If you hire, sayt, a very talented hair stylist to be the CEO of a tech company...you might not get the best results. That shouldn't be surprising.

The BOT knows that a problem exists. We need to keep up the pressure on the BOT to make sure they know this is not just some temporary fan-insanity over losing one game. But that doesn't mean that any of them have any genius insight into who to hire next. That is why any action, if it happens in the next few weeks, will likely be driven by a small-but-vocal minority of the BOT.

I've been posting the same core principles for years, you can go back and find my posts. The BOT is too large. We need to create a BOT sub-committee to handle Athletics, 60% can be Trustees, but the other 40% should be former players FROM ALL SPORTS (preferably UM-SHOF members). Beta Blake has spent far too long cultivating big UM donors and premium ticket-holders and has filled the department with people loyal to him. Nearly everyone in the administration of Athletic Department needs to be fired (it can be phased in over the next 8 months). Maybe Alonzo will succeed, maybe he will fail, but he cares, he is passionate, and he is more qualified than most. Maybe Mario will succeed, maybe he will fail, but he cares, he is passionate, and he can recruit like a ****.

I try not to go overboard in any direction. I may not like every UM Athletics hiree on Day 1, but I give them all a fair shot, and I root for my alma mater to succeed each and every year. But when I am DONE with a coach or an AD, I am really, really done. It's over. Move on.

I hope the interested and KNOWLEDGEABLE members of the BOT can carry the day and summon the will to fire Beta Blake first, and then Manny once we have made enough back-channel connections to know that someone is ready to accept the challenge.

GO CANES!

Advertisement
He’s not leaving mid season. I’m just waiting to see if it’s reported that they are working on an extension.

Nobody said he is leaving mid-season. And yet his name is being mentioned in connection with USC.

We cannot let any minor details stand in the way. If we are ready to make him an offer, do so, PAY HIM, and take him whenever he is ready to drive the U-Haul truck to SoFla.

Nobody said he is leaving mid-season. And yet his name is being mentioned in connection with USC.

We cannot let any minor details stand in the way. If we are ready to make him an offer, do so, PAY HIM, and take him whenever he is ready to drive the U-Haul truck to SoFla.
You don’t think we would pay for his move and hire movers for him? That seems really cheap.

You don’t think we would pay for his move and hire movers for him? That seems really cheap.

Ha! I don't care if Manny has to pack up the truck like The Beverly Hillbillies, let's just get him here.

Hey, PODS is based in St. Pete, I'm sure we could work out a sponsorship deal or something...or College Hunks Moving Junk...

As I posted last night I’d be surprised to see King play next week ( my opinion). The last couple games it’s been obvious he’s been short hopping throws , no matter how you feel about him he’s never had an issue with that. Well as some people here suspected he hurt his shoulder and knee in previous weeks, and has been playing banged up. There’s things you can do to help subdue if but the kid is legit hurt. He’s a warrior and I respect the **** out of him for trying, but he needs to sit. He doesn’t have to prove anything to anyone .

When I said Msu could be the beginning of the wheels coming off I meant it, there’s a lot of unhappy people from Bot’s, former players and current players. It could definitely get worse.

As for the buyout , it’s chump change. It’s close or even less than what we gave Temple. That’s not even an issue.

TS was puking off and on during the game because he was sick as a dog. Too bad theres not more guys like him and King.

Mario will 100 % be the first call ( shocker) , he’ll probably get the second and third call too.

Next week expect the depth chart to have some changes, some different faces getting more burn. Both Elijah’s being a couple . It’s sad it takes to reaching an epic meltdown before the light goes on. If LT doesn’t play next week officially be concerned. He was supposed to play yesterday.

As of today Manny is on the hot seat imo his hail mary shot to save his job is making wholesale changes, putting in young guys , hoping and praying for a spark/miracle. Because at this point its more a when. not if.
Mario or nick saban as long as the leaders above them are the same it’s for nothing!!! We need a president like Gordon gee formerly of osu and now West Virginia!!!

Advertisement
The Money is there. It’s not a money issue. It’s a decision making issue. Doesn’t take that many billionaires to scrape together the money it’d take to hire Mario, or anyone else.

They’ve spent the money lately. They’ve made bad decisions.
Think about all the money this administration has ****ed away, trying to save money. With premature extensions and subsequent buyouts, paying temple 4 million, giving Manny a 5 year deal etc. How can any organization keep these people employed after wasting that much money. Only other organization I can think were this happens is government.

If he’s the guy, we’re going to have to eat the $9 million. You can’t wait that long now with most
Recruits signing on ESD.
Not worried about when if Miami does do it it’ll be on the price drop 100%. It’s not as big a deal about recruits bouncing or not coming here Bc of ESD. Most of the new coaches guys will be from the transfer portal. Look at MSU they had 40 new guys this year 20 recruits 20 portal guys completely transformed the team

Other than Mario theres nothing else to talk about until he says no. The name was more in passing , tongue in cheek when it was mentioned . That’s why I said it’s , very very unlikely. No matter what you read going forward there’s no lists or names. There's one until there’s not.
Helton hahaha

Advertisement
Not worried about when if Miami does do it it’ll be on the price drop 100%. It’s not as big a deal about recruits bouncing or not coming here Bc of ESD. Most of the new coaches guys will be from the transfer portal. Look at MSU they had 40 new guys this year 20 recruits 20 portal guys completely transformed the team

Well, we'll probably get 7 freebies under the new NCAA proposal. Probably gonna lose 7 who transfer out.

Advertisement
Back