The nobody gives a crap update

Advertisement
I don’t know how good Garcia is but my guess is the coaches don’t have too much confidence in him if they were willing to play an injured King over him. Also I assume some of the mobility will be lost with Garcia under center
Lashlee doesn't need a mobile QB to run his OFF....see SMU QB Buechele in 2019

It’s not popular for some but Highsmith is the guy i want , i want competitive , hungry people leading this program. Who knows what winning looks like.
I agree. AH is my pick too. But is he on the short list of potential candidates....

Low key I wish CMR wasn't having health challenges.....he'd be a home run AD hire.

Advertisement
As I alluded to back in 2015, when Adidas outbid Nike, my frat who works for them said the reason why they chose not to match was b/c by Miami retaining Golden was a clear sign that the Miami of old was not the same program. It signaled to them we were a bad investment, so a business decision was made.

It appears to me that Miami wants to be compensated w/o giving boosters, endorses, & students a product worth a ****. Adidas didn’t pay us $6.5m/yr to represent a product that’s not in contention for championships or a perennial 7-8 wins on the football field, NIT team on the hardwood, a laughing stock on the baseball diamond, and a T&F program that’s….well…mediocre af.

Win, and they will come: that’s boosters, recruits, endorsement $, etc.

And everything you say coincides with the time that Beta Blake has been in charge.

Hocvnt and The Shermanator were limp-d!cks, but Beta Blake is actively destroying this program.

I’ll be interested to see if Oregon scrambles to extend him and give him a raise. If they think he’ll entertain Miami, that’s exactly what they’ll do to drive up the price.
If he's smart, he tells them he'll wait until the season ends and gives the reason that if they win the Natty he'd argue for Top 3-5 HC pay. That's only if he's even remotely interested in coming to UM

As long as the other 97 shut the fvck up, it won't be a problem.

By the way, it's more than 3. I'm not saying it's 30, but we have enough motivated Trustees to make something happen. That's not a guarantee that something WILL happen, but it's a start.

And everyone, all of us, need to keep up the pressure. Planes, banners, billboards, banner trucks, e-mails to Trustees, pizza delivery to Trustees, whatever it takes.
Thought you were an anti-banner guy....

Advertisement
Lemonis went to high school (Columbus) with Mario and has mentioned him on several radio interviews of the years as a really intelligent guy. Carol Soffer already offered to buy our Mario's contract when Richt left so I would expect her to do the same this time around.
So why didn't the Mario hire happen? Was it money, was it resources Mario required etc? I'm bummed we didn't get it done....administration went the cheap route only to now have to pay the Manny buyout and still give in to Mario's requests....should've done it the 1st time

I talk to a few baseball players. They hate DiMare.
I can imagine it is Manny but maybe even worse. He is an equally bad coach and even more latched on to his parents teet to get the job.
My question is if he’s so close to being fired, where is the smoke?

We’ve been through these coaching firings before and there’s an order to the way things go down.

First, the media starts asking questions and articles get published about him being “on the hot seat.”

Then, the AD usually cones out with a statement of some kind talking about how coaches are evaluated throughout the year, blah blah. How he has their complete confidence etc etc

Then, finally he’s fired.

Where is that smoke? If this were going down in a few weeks, would expect to hear something from the media and some kind of “oh ****” response from Miami first…
The difference this time is the AD may be on his way out first or at the same time. At a minimum, I can imagine people have essentially muzzled him and told him to STFU when it comes to Diaz.

I wouldn’t expect it. I’d much rather they get fired together , then leave in the same Uber with cans dragging behind the car with “ just fired “on rear window
I'd like to see a James press conference announcing the Diaz firing, and suddenly the press conference is interuppted. Key BOT members walk up, take the mic, tell Blake he's fired.

Last edited:
Advertisement
From what I’ve read here theres a million bot members lol. I’m sure there’s a couple that loves Blake .

Yep, because Blake has spent over a decade kissing the ****s of Trustees and big donors (and filling his staff with bootlickers), while ignoring every other issue vital to UM Athletics.

And you're not either, but there you are yapping about how Lemonis is an alpha voice.

At least I know a lot more people than you do, and I can assure you that Lemonis hasn't done anything to voice an opinion (in board meetings) that would improve UM Athletics.

Just keep shooting off your ignorant mouth, though.
Cane on Cane violence at this point is no good. We must unite one nation under CANES.

1632092413332.png

Advertisement
And everything you say coincides with the time that Beta Blake has been in charge.

Hocvnt and The Shermanator were limp-d!cks, but Beta Blake is actively destroying this program.
Hocutt actually wasn’t terrible. He has managed to hire some good coaches at TT and is respected in the field. He inherited Tuberville, fired him after a year and hired Kingsbury, no idea if the current coach is good or not. Their basketball program is really good, and his conference picked him as a playoff committee rep. If I remember correctly his family hated Miami and he wasn’t a great culture fit, but at least people wouldn’t laugh if they saw his name on the caller id.

Thought you were an anti-banner guy....

You are highly confused.

I have always favored ACCURATE and well-targeted banners.

The message is what is important. Let's not get distracted by the He-Man-Women-Haters Club trying to target Jenn Strawley. I'm no fan of Strawley and I am 100% in favor of every administrator in our Athletic Department being fired for undue loyalty to Beta Blake, but Jenn Strawley isn't in the top 10 problems in Miami's Athletic Department.

Hocutt actually wasn’t terrible. He has managed to hire some good coaches at TT and is respected in the field. He inherited Tuberville, fired him after a year and hired Kingsbury, no idea if the current coach is good or not. Their basketball program is really good, and his conference picked him as a playoff committee rep. If I remember correctly his family hated Miami and he wasn’t a great culture fit, but at least people wouldn’t laugh if they saw his name on the caller id.

Maybe Hocvnt is doing a good job at Texas Tech, but he was never fully-vested in UM. My comment was limited to his time at Miami.

Advertisement
Back