The nobody gives a crap update

Miami gon Miami

Randy Edsall out of retirement
ron burgundy GIF

Advertisement
IMO, if you get to keep all of the guys you currently have to sign early, I think you can wait since our main targets are also signing early. Season ends late November. Mario won’t get here until January after bowl game
Gonna be very difficult to get kids to sign, much less enroll early to a program that they don’t know who the coach is going to be. Without a HC they won’t even know who their position coaches are.

If Mario’s the guy, we need to announce him as the next HC as soon as season is over and not worry about saving the $2.5 million. If he wants to coach Oregon for bowl game fine but recruits need to go into ESD knowing he or whoever is we get is the guy. Maybe even be able to bring some of his OL commits over here.

King fired a beauty to Smith at the end and Smith's effort was poor. And another to Brinson that was caught out of bounds. Our problem might be a lack of anyone fast enough to get behind the DBs.
He had 4 giveaways though Rok....as a 6th year Master Sr...ball security is first and foremost and the QB cannot be the one giving the ball away. Granted the strip sack isn't on him, that's on the OL but the 3 others were on him and him alone.

Advertisement
My question is if he’s so close to being fired, where is the smoke?

We’ve been through these coaching firings before and there’s an order to the way things go down.

First, the media starts asking questions and articles get published about him being “on the hot seat.”

Then, the AD usually cones out with a statement of some kind talking about how coaches are evaluated throughout the year, blah blah. How he has their complete confidence etc etc

Then, finally he’s fired.

Where is that smoke? If this were going down in a few weeks, would expect to hear something from the media and some kind of “oh ****” response from Miami first…

Advertisement
Gonna be very difficult to get kids to sign, much less enroll early to a program that they don’t know who the coach is going to be. Without a HC they won’t even know who their position coaches are.

If Mario’s the guy, we need to announce him as the next HC as soon as season is over and not worry about saving the $2.5 million. If he wants to coach Oregon for bowl game fine but recruits need to go into ESD knowing he or whoever is we get is the guy. Maybe even be able to bring some of his OL commits over here.

We better hope Oregon doesn’t make it to the CFP then. No way he would leave a program before playing for a potential NC.

Advertisement
Not to be the the **** in the punch bowl, but if only 3-4 of the BOT members give a ****, that’s about 3-4% of the members. Anything will be a tough sell with such a small faction.

As long as the other 97 shut the fvck up, it won't be a problem.

By the way, it's more than 3. I'm not saying it's 30, but we have enough motivated Trustees to make something happen. That's not a guarantee that something WILL happen, but it's a start.

And everyone, all of us, need to keep up the pressure. Planes, banners, billboards, banner trucks, e-mails to Trustees, pizza delivery to Trustees, whatever it takes.

As long as the other 97 shut the fvck up, it won't be a problem.

By the way, it's more than 3. I'm not saying it's 30, but we have enough motivated Trustees to make something happen. That's not a guarantee that something WILL happen, but it's a start.

And everyone, all of us, need to keep up the pressure. Planes, banners, billboards, banner trucks, e-mails to Trustees, pizza delivery to Trustees, whatever it takes.
Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Advertisement
Lemonis has not done ****e ever, except tweet. He does NOTHING behind the scenes.

Alpha voice, my a$$...
I wasn't aware you are an esteemed member of the BoT.

I guess our standards at Miami have slipped.

He has certainly publically spoken with the weight of UM position in the past for whatever thar is worth.

Last edited:

Chair​

Laurie S. Silvers

Vice Chairs​

Manny Kadre
Johnny C. Taylor, Jr.

Trustees​

Leonard Abess
Betty G. Amos
Hilarie Bass
Jon Batchelor
Fred Berens
Tracey P. Berkowitz
Marc A. Buoniconti
Alfred R. Camner
Adam E. Carlin
Wayne E. Chaplin
Christopher Chen1
Adriana Cisneros
Charles E. Cobb
Landon Coles2
Edward A. Dauer
Paul J. DiMare
David L. Epstein
Richard D. Fain
Miguel B. Fernandez
Phillip Frost
Phillip T. George
Rose Ellen Greene
Barbara Hecht Havenick
Allan M. Herbert
Marilyn J. Holifield
Manuel Kadre
Carolyn B. Lamm1
Marcus Lemonis
Jayne Sylvester Malfitano
Jose R. Mas
Patricia Menendez-Cambo
Stuart A. Miller
William L. Morrison
Judi Prokop Newman
Aaron S. Podhurst
Lois Pope
Alex E. Rodríguez
Steven J. Saiontz
Robert E. Sanchez
Marvin R. Shanken
Laurie S. Silvers
H. T. Smith, Jr.
Jacquelyn R. Soffer
E. Roe Stamps, IV
Ronald G. Stone
Johnny C. Taylor, Jr.
Ana VeigaMilton
Alice S. Vilma1
Jonathan Vilma
David R. Weaver
Geisha J. Williams
G. Ed Williamson II

Ex-Officio Members​

Devang Desai
President
Alumni Association

Ana VeigaMilton3
President
Citizens Board

Maribel C. Wadsworth
President-elect
Alumni Association

Carlos Guzman
President-elect
Citizens Board

Kourtney Gibson
Immediate Past President
Alumni Association

Roberta L. Jacoby
Immediate Past President
Citizens Board

Julio Frenk
President
University of Miami

Emeriti Members​

Michael I. Abrams
Adrienne Arsht
Jose P. Bared
M. Anthony Burns
Paul L. Cejas
Laura G. Coulter-Jones
Carlos M. de la Cruz, Sr.
Edward W. Easton
Gloria M. Estefan
Enrique C. Falla, Sr.
Alfonso Fanjul
George Feldenkreis
David I. Fuente
Thelma V.A. Gibson
Bernard J. Kosar, Jr.
Jorge M. Pérez
Fredric G. Reynolds
Eduardo M. Sardiña
Frank P. Scruggs
Steven Sonberg
Patricia W. Toppel
Gonzalo F. Valdes-Fauli
Marta S. Weeks-Wulf
Frances L. Wolfson
Thomas D. Wood, Sr.

Secretary to the Board of Trustees​

Leslie Dellinger Aceituno
1 Alumni Representative
2 Student Trustee
3 Also regularly-elected member
Effective June 2021

If only 3 or 4 out of this list give a **** about athletics, well then it's over with. We done.

I went to school with, and was friends with, three of the people on the "regular" Trustees list (none of the ex officio or emeritus members).

All three are unhappy, but one in particular has a lot of power to make things happen.

Who’s Lambert? There are no BOT members with that name.

Also, you are forgetting the Mas brothers. Not only do they care about football, but I suspect they would love to have Mario here.

Only one is on the board, and yes.

Given the David Epstein - Bill Clinton connection, and the Bill Clinton - Donna Shalala connection, fingers crossed that Epstein left UM a big chunk of money in his will before his "suicide."

Advertisement
Back