The nobody gives a crap update

Lmao. He won’t have to.

Honestly it makes too much sense that Blake is married to Manny and both will go. He went behind Soffers back with the back of lesser members to hire Manny. Now they’re gonna have to spend more money for the guy who was probably the right guy for the job even though we would’ve hated to admit it.
******* ridiculous

Advertisement
Still, it’s all specific to football. AD is responsible for the entirety of athletics…. Not saying Highsmith can’t do it, Just don’t know if he’s necessarily the right pick. Definitely see where Canadian is coming from with his take, maybe Alonzo would be better suited for another role that governs just the football aspect of things.
What’s the big money maker in college athletics? Swim team, Dive team, track team, soccer, baseball, basketball or is it football??? The other sports outside of football don’t matter.

Advertisement
I guess my big concern is if you fire them together, then how do you coordinate the two searches? It would be great to get Cristobal but would all of the potential AD candidates want him as their choice? Would they be ok coming in without being a part of the decision making process?

Cristobal sounds great but I’m also a little weary of us not doing a search and seeing who else is out there. Would being able to get Joe Brady or Eric Bienemy out of the pros make it less of a no brainer? If Cristobal says no and we don’t have an AD in place, who is driving the process?

As a matter of common sense, they need to fire Blake yesterday.
If you hire Mario, he picks the AD. That’s what it is. He would be fine working under Alonzo if we can figure out how to make that happen. But, he’s not coming here under some fake AD,

If you hire Mario, he picks the AD. That’s what it is. He would be fine working under Alonzo if we can figure out how to make that happen. But, he’s not coming here under some fake AD,
So let’s say Mario doesn’t work out. His boss and the person responsible for firing him is the person he picked to that role? That sounds like the most Miami situation possible. And why it is completely irrational. And why it will probably work out exactly like that.

That's why you have assistant ADs.
Like Jen Jen Binks?
1632081695651.png

Advertisement
So let’s say Mario doesn’t work out. His boss and the person responsible for firing him is the person he picked to that role? That sounds like the most Miami situation possible. And why it is completely irrational. And why it will probably work out exactly like that.

This is the type of thinking that has gotten us where we are now. Find a competent AD and do a real search.

You have a better plan? I wasn’t giving an opinion. I said if you want Mario, he picks the AD. You think somebody else can pick better? Seriously?

I always expect Miami to F what they touch , like I just said “ we could’ve had Mario three years ago”. There has to be something drastic or we’ll remain in the same mess. I don’t blame anyone for being pessimistic.
Cribby I know you said Mario would be 1st and maybe 2nd and 3rd call 😀. Any other names you are hearing that would get calls if Manny is fired?

Advertisement
You have a better plan? I wasn’t giving an opinion. I said if you want Mario, he picks the AD. You think somebody else can pick better? Seriously?
Let’s change the hypothetical. Let’s say you fire them simultaneously, wait around, and then Cristobal says no, which he very well might. I’m not sure I’d leave Oregon for here right now. Then what do you do? You need an AD in place and figure out what stakeholders are around to help pick the right guy.

Advertisement
Cribby I know you said Mario would be 1st and maybe 2nd and 3rd call 😀. Any other names you are hearing that would get calls if Manny is fired?
I’ve only heard one other name mentioned and I’ll take that name to my grave lol. I don’t think it’ll happen but if I posted it this board would explode , as in literally blow up into a million pieces. Like I said I’d bet my life that person doesn’t happen but it would be funny to watch reactions.

Thanks for the info, Cribby.

Sobering game yesterday.

And I am totally behind both Elijah's playing more reps. Both look and play physically and violently, particularly compared to those currently occupying starter spots. God bless McCloud for coming back and playing the role of a veteran leader, but it's time--again, unfortunately--that we give younger guys some minutes and see if they can be long term contributors. (I cannot believe we are in youth movement mode again.)

Advertisement
Back