The nobody gives a crap update

Advertisement
Kiffin currently makes about 1.4 million more than Diaz. Probably not an option, given what we’ve shown we’re willing to spend.

In 2015, Miami gave Richt more money than he was making at UGA. The year before he was dismissed, Richt had been renegotiating a contract with UGA that would have paid him 4 million per year, Miami topped that amount. I will say it again since you and others keep throwing this "Miami isn't willing to spend" garbage in every thread: Miami gave more money to Richt in 2015 than he would have been making with a brand new contract at a one of the biggest SEC programs in the country.

He then got a huge contract extension after 2017, "which likely boosted his salary to approx. 5 million. After the 2018 disappointment, it is a well known fact that the school told Richt it would give him additional 1.5 million for an OC. In total that would be 6.5 million for an HC/OC combo. Kiffin makes 4.5 million, his OC Jeff Lebby makes 700k. That adds up to 5.2 million for a HC/OC combo. That is 1.3 million less than Miami was going to pay for a HC/OC combo 3 years ago.

You want to revisit that observation that "Miami hasn't shown a willingness to spend"?

As I posted last night I’d be surprised to see King play next week. The last couple games it’s been obvious he’s been short hopping throws , no matter how you feel about him he’s never had an issue with that. Well as some people here suspected he hurt his shoulder and knee in previous weeks, and has been playing banged up. There’s things you can do to help subdue if but the kid is legit hurt. He’s a warrior and I respect the **** out of him for trying, but he needs to sit. He doesn’t have to prove anything to anyone .

When I said Msu could be the beginning of the wheels coming off I meant it, there’s a lot of unhappy people from Bot’s, former players and current players. It could definitely get worse.

As for the buyout , it’s chump change. It’s close or even less than what we gave Temple. That’s not even an issue.

TS was puking off and on during the game because he was sick as a dog. Too bad theres not more guys like him and King.

Mario will 100 % be the first call ( shocker) , he’ll probably get the second and third call too.

Next week expect the depth chart to have some changes, some different faces getting more burn. Both Elijah’s being a couple . It’s sad it takes to reaching an epic meltdown before the light goes on. If LT doesn’t play next week officially be concerned. He was supposed to play yesterday.

As of today Manny is on the hot seat imo his hail mary shot to save his job is making wholesale changes, putting in young guys , hoping and praying for a spark/miracle. Because at this point its more a when. not if.

Good stuff, Cribby.

I will ride or die with King, but if he is hurt, he needs to sit.

The good news is Lashlee changed the offense. He needs to keep developing it, but he is on the right track. There is a reason we marched the ball up and down the field. We just have to keep repping and teaching it better. More plays with just one ore even no deep routes that the qb can throw in two seconds.

He sent the rb out on routes **** near every play and he was open a lot. We have to rep that check down so we can stay ahead of the chains.

I feel much better about the prospects of the freshmen with this offense. It gives them more opportunity to throw quickly and build confidence.

Nothing would surprise me right now. We could make a run or disintegrate. These necessary offensive changes are probably too little, too late. We will see.

As I posted last night I’d be surprised to see King play next week ( my opinion). The last couple games it’s been obvious he’s been short hopping throws , no matter how you feel about him he’s never had an issue with that. Well as some people here suspected he hurt his shoulder and knee in previous weeks, and has been playing banged up. There’s things you can do to help subdue if but the kid is legit hurt. He’s a warrior and I respect the **** out of him for trying, but he needs to sit. He doesn’t have to prove anything to anyone .

When I said Msu could be the beginning of the wheels coming off I meant it, there’s a lot of unhappy people from Bot’s, former players and current players. It could definitely get worse.

As for the buyout , it’s chump change. It’s close or even less than what we gave Temple. That’s not even an issue.

TS was puking off and on during the game because he was sick as a dog. Too bad theres not more guys like him and King.

Mario will 100 % be the first call ( shocker) , he’ll probably get the second and third call too.

Next week expect the depth chart to have some changes, some different faces getting more burn. Both Elijah’s being a couple . It’s sad it takes to reaching an epic meltdown before the light goes on. If LT doesn’t play next week officially be concerned. He was supposed to play yesterday.

As of today Manny is on the hot seat imo his hail mary shot to save his job is making wholesale changes, putting in young guys , hoping and praying for a spark/miracle. Because at this point its more a when. not if.
Mario would be great but second call should Goto clawson. We have talent, we need a real coach.

Advertisement
I was looking at exactly this (potential staff) Friday night because I didn't expect yesterday to go well.

About half of the guys on his staff are west coast &/or Pac-12 lifers. Like Yates and Mastro. Big Joe probably isn't leaving the west coast. Wilson is another. Which I took to mean he was prioritizing guys familiar with the region and would do the same at Miami.

Anyway, Mirabal is about as set in stone as it gets. Totally agree with DVD and Field. Rod Chance is Oregon's DVD. Dude's bio even points out he's from Ft Lauderdale and went to St Thomas.

Gotta add special teams/TE Bobby Williams though. He was a longtime Saban guy. LSU, Dolphins and Alabama. But Mario got him to come to Oregon. He's a guy Mario seems to trust.

Two questions for you though man.
One, Likens over McClendon?
And.. I'm just throwing it out there since I can't see Joe leaving the west coast... No Kevin Patrick?!
No to Bobby. John David Baker is one of the best recruiters in the country and that’s why Kiffin brought him to Ole Miss. Bobby is used in a recruiting role. McClendon does the recruiting.

Advertisement
That never makes sense to me. Successful athletics add a tremendous amount of applications and revenue. If they want the school to grow, athletics is a great route.
back in 2017 when we were still rolling, there was an interview with one of the university admins who said the university smashed their record for number of applicants. For better and for worse, football is an enormous driver in this country. A successful football team gives you must watch 3 hours of advertising for ~4 months on Saturdays, and countless hours of being in the national conversation, via tv and the internet. Having a good football team IS good business. But if the people in charge want to see how much return they can get from doing the bare minimum, we are going to keep doing this dance of irrelevance.

Mario won’t come here with this AD, of that I’m certain. He’ll want absolute control of the Program and a Wartime Consigliere for AD who will back him up. That isn’t Flake.
This AD can’t be in a room w Mario. Mario would likely beat the ugly out of him for what went down few years ago.

That being said.. yea, when I said we have a decision making problem I was referring to the AD.

Advertisement
In 2015, Miami gave Richt more money than he was making at UGA. The year before he was dismissed, Richt had been renegotiating a contract with UGA that would have paid him 4 million per year, Miami topped that amount. I will say it again since you and others keep throwing this "Miami isn't willing to spend" garbage in every thread: Miami gave more money to Richt in 2015 than he would have been making with a brand new contract at a one of the biggest SEC programs in the country.

He then got a huge contract extension after 2017, "which likely boosted his salary to approx. 5 million. After the 2018 disappointment, it is a well known fact that the school told Richt it would give him additional 1.5 million for an OC. In total that would be 6.5 million for an HC/OC combo. Kiffin makes 4.5 million, his OC Jeff Lebby makes 700k. That adds up to 5.2 million for a HC/OC combo. That is 1.3 million less than Miami was going to pay for a HC/OC combo 3 years ago.

You want to revisit that observation that "Miami hasn't shown a willingness to spend"?

Beautiful post. Well done. How much did we show we were willing to spend on an annual salary the most recent go at it? I’ll hang up and listen.

A Deep down Canes Fan??...He Won 2 MFing NCs as a player, and coached at UM for 6 yrs...and Won a 3rd ring (Sugar Bowl) in 2000/01
his coaching origin story alone involves turning down a great job he prepped years for to be a GA at Umiami in addition to his playing history.

Lol @ “maybe deep down…”

Advertisement
I wouldn’t expect it. I’d much rather they get fired together , then leave in the same Uber with cans dragging behind the car with “ just fired “on rear window
Lmao. I hear you. Just seems like a good idea for an AD to start working behind the scenes on getting us a coach. Itd be refreshing to see some change. Just something to show me someone gives a **** and this is not acceptable.

This AD can’t be in a room w Mario. Mario would likely beat the ugly out of him for what went down few years ago.

That being said.. yea, when I said we have a decision making problem I was referring to the AD.
Lmao. He won’t have to.

Honestly it makes too much sense that Blake is married to Manny and both will go. He went behind Soffers back with the back of lesser members to hire Manny. Now they’re gonna have to spend more money for the guy who was probably the right guy for the job even though we would’ve hated to admit it.

I wouldn’t expect it. I’d much rather they get fired together , then leave in the same Uber with cans dragging behind the car with “ just fired “on rear window
I guess my big concern is if you fire them together, then how do you coordinate the two searches? It would be great to get Cristobal but would all of the potential AD candidates want him as their choice? Would they be ok coming in without being a part of the decision making process?

Cristobal sounds great but I’m also a little weary of us not doing a search and seeing who else is out there. Would being able to get Joe Brady or Eric Bienemy out of the pros make it less of a no brainer? If Cristobal says no and we don’t have an AD in place, who is driving the process?

As a matter of common sense, they need to fire Blake yesterday.

Advertisement
Back