The nobody gives a crap update

I think we can take this one of the list of ones who care

ppppp.jpg

Advertisement
realistically, i have no idea why mario would leave what he's got up in oregon for this. i know it's home, i know his family loves it, but like...this job is night and day with oregon. massive downgrade. football coach can get whatever the **** they want at oregon. i'd love for it to happen, but i just can't see it. we had our shot in 2018.

I should be more clear , there’s more than four that care but I’d say theres only a handful that are passionate about football and winning. They want more and expect more.
That never makes sense to me. Successful athletics add a tremendous amount of applications and revenue. If they want the school to grow, athletics is a great route.

Advertisement
I should be more clear , there’s more than four that care but I’d say theres only a handful that are passionate about football and winning. They want more and expect more.
What happens when these four or five passionate ones die? Hope some others step up and become more passionate.

realistically, i have no idea why mario would leave what he's got up in oregon for this. i know it's home, i know his family loves it, but like...this job is night and day with oregon. massive downgrade. football coach can get whatever the **** they want at oregon. i'd love for it to happen, but i just can't see it. we had our shot in 2018.
Dude, you answered your own question.

Advertisement

Trustees​

Leonard Abess
Betty G. Amos
Hilarie Bass
Jon Batchelor
Fred Berens
Tracey P. Berkowitz
Marc A. Buoniconti
Alfred R. Camner
Adam E. Carlin
Wayne E. Chaplin
Christopher Chen
Adriana Cisneros
Charles E. Cobb
Landon Coles
Edward A. Dauer
Paul J. DiMare - This dude is an old head that only cares about baseball and his son coaching it.
David L. Epstein
Richard D. Fain -Royal Caribbean CEO dont give two $hits about Canes Football
Miguel B. Fernandez
Phillip Frost - Band Geek come on!
Phillip T. George
Rose Ellen Greene
Barbara Hecht Havenick
Allan M. Herbert
Marilyn J. Holifield
Manuel Kadre
Carolyn B. Lamm
Marcus Lemonis
Jayne Sylvester Malfitano
Jose R. Mas - We need this guy to pony up big time
Patricia Menendez-Cambo
Stuart A. Miller
William L. Morrison
Judi Prokop Newman
Aaron S. Podhurst
Lois Pope
Alex E. Rodríguez
Steven J. Saiontz
Robert E. Sanchez
Marvin R. Shanken
Laurie S. Silvers
H. T. Smith, Jr.
Jacquelyn R. Soffer - Is this family gonna pony up more money?
E. Roe Stamps, IV
Ronald G. Stone
Johnny C. Taylor, Jr.
Ana Veiga Milton
Alice S. Vilma
Jonathan Vilma

David R. Weaver
Geisha J. Williams
G. Ed Williamson II

Which four? because based on my guess here. Those are not very good odds that we can get anything done.
That’s 52 people listed…gotta believe there are at least 10-15 that are embarrassed by what is going on and would be willing to help change things at least to a minimal amount anyways..

They personally don’t have to care about sports but I’d bet 98% of all the names listed have friends or immediate family that are sick with what’s going on and when urged by these people would consider helping to at least some minimal amount.

Also as I posted yesterday I would think the fanbase would be willing to step up IF all money pledged was guaranteed to go toward a top HC…I mean are there any on here that wouldn’t pledge a 100-200 bucks a year to have a Matt Campbell or Even a Mario Cristobal as a head coach.

Money shouldn’t be a reason why we have ****** coaching.Money had nothing to do as to why Manny was hired.That was Blake stupidity plain and simple.Richt thought he was doing the right thing for the school by walking away without a dime but instead of using that money to hire a decent coach Blake took 30 minutes and hired a nobody using a large chunk of Richts “ donation” to pay Temple 4 million to get this unqualified nobady back. Gotta believe Richt would have taken every cent if he’d of known Blake’s plans.

We can come up with the money to get a top notch coach.Problem is we’ve had a no nothing imbecile doing the hiring.Fix this problem and the coaching problem will probably be fixed too.

This is correct. However, the ones that care carry most of the votes on football decisions. I just finished a round of golf with a member that cares as much as we do and another that doesn’t follow football at all. Buyout is nothing worth mentioning. Manny will not last the season if this continues. He is however not sure we could get the right coach in the middle of the season, he was possibly thinking interim coach which I reminded him would **** up recruiting. I told him we must spend serious money to get the right coach.

Agree with this thought. There's nobody leaving in October to take another job. This will be a November/early December thing like normal. If it's Mario as many suspect, I bet he hits the ground running at recruiting starting with guys like Stewart and Kelly and moving from there. If Manny isn't a total ****, he will leave the recruiting info around for the next guy which sounds like is a tradition in the college ranks. So Mario won't be starting from ground zero and I'm sure he still has connections down here. So all wouldn't be lost in recruiting in my view.

Advertisement
It’s hard to get bigger unless you start talking about a super staff that clear and ahead blow everybody out. Joe Salave’a is probably the best Dline coach in the country. IF I’m him then my staff looks like this

Co-OC/QB: Frank Ponce
CO-OC/RB: Seider
WR: Likens
OL/Run game coordinator: Mirabal
TE/Pass Game Coordinator: John David Baker

DC/OLB: Deruyter
DL/AHC: Joe Salave’a
Co-DC/ILB: Ken Wilson
DB/Pass Game Coodinator: T-Rob
S: TBD

He’ll also probably bring his personnel guy with Aristide, Field, and DVD back to recruiting.

I was looking at exactly this (potential staff) Friday night because I didn't expect yesterday to go well.

About half of the guys on his staff are west coast &/or Pac-12 lifers. Like Yates and Mastro. Big Joe probably isn't leaving the west coast. Wilson is another. Which I took to mean he was prioritizing guys familiar with the region and would do the same at Miami.

Anyway, Mirabal is about as set in stone as it gets. Totally agree with DVD and Field. Rod Chance is Oregon's DVD. Dude's bio even points out he's from Ft Lauderdale and went to St Thomas.

Gotta add special teams/TE Bobby Williams though. He was a longtime Saban guy. LSU, Dolphins and Alabama. But Mario got him to come to Oregon. He's a guy Mario seems to trust.

Two questions for you though man.
One, Likens over McClendon?
And.. I'm just throwing it out there since I can't see Joe leaving the west coast... No Kevin Patrick?!

Advertisement
Who is this Epstein character? I’ve seen multiple mentions of him. And why doesn’t he care about football?

Side-note: it must kinda suck now for people who have the last name Epstein.
When Manny had that rough first season in which he lost to FIU & La. Tech, etc - he was out there with Blake putting the “we fully support Manny…. Etc, etc. Being really vocal about believing in Manny & Blake if I recall correctly.

Puke worthy stuff.

Advertisement
Back