The nobody gives a crap update

Advertisement
Because almost all of them aren't U alumni and don't give a crap about U athletics.

Most would rather root for their own alma mater...

....so you are looking to the wrong crowd for initiative to fire an AD.

At most, they would support if a couple of their BOT buddies raise a big stink.

Never even thought about that aspect.

Cristobal makes $5.5m. Richt made $4.1 & currently Diaz makes $3.1. Ive said for a while that we don’t need to pay $8 - $10m to compete in the ACC, ****, even CFB, but our coaching criteria should a coach “worth” between the $4 - $5 million range.

Miami has to realize scared money don’t make money. Blake once patted himself on his back by paying Richt $4.1m & stating “we’re now playing w/ the big boys.” That was a start, and that $4.1m investment lead to the best 3 yr stretch we had in a while, including getting donors to come together to fund a much needed IPF. It didn’t end well, b/c Richt was on his last legs, but we saw a glimpse of what happens when u pay for a quality coach.

Invest wisely, and ur investments will more than double. Invest poorly or be cheap, U’ll find urself bleeding $ on the back end.
Gotta believe that Adidas would be more than willing to step up if a couple million bucks ( chump change to them ) would get us a HC that would turn this garbage truck around.
They don’t want their logo associated to a complete shtshow either…..

Gotta believe that Adidas would be more than willing to step up if a couple million bucks ( chump change to them ) would get us a HC that would turn this garbage truck around.

That's for us to worry about before the next contract renewal....

That's for us to worry about before the next contract renewal....
I think our contract runs for a few more years so I’m talking now. I gotta Bet Adidas would be happy to help us hire a HC that would makr us prominent again which also makes their apparel,shoes,whatever also prominent.

Advertisement
@Cribby, I get the sense that the admin/BOT got burned bad all the way back to the Nevin Shapiro debacle and the last thing non-football types and the folks with actual impact on the financial books want is to ever answer tough questions from investigators again. I think in their minds we’d have to play dirty pool to ever get back to elite status and they are happy to keep things status quo and safe in order to avoid any future stress.

Advertisement
I’ve asked this same ?, my man. I’ve seen some of the BOT members resumés, and honestly, I’m astonished by their accomplishments. Shrewd business men & women, yet there’s a blind spot when it comes to this program by many of them. Also, imo, it’s too much cronyism, as well.

When I saw one of the more prominent BOT members justify the 6-7 season by saying E before W (Lemonis), I said w-t-f?! Miami could easily be a top 40 academic institution while being a top 10 athletic institution. The natural resources & vicinity allows for that, yet we keep trying to put duck tape on a leaky faucet. I don’t get it, bro. It’s truly mind boggling.
I get your confusion but I think it’s actually quite simple. Miami dominated CFB for a significant period without the administration doing much of anything. It all came too easy. Most of us have known for some time that that level of success is no longer possible in general, much less without a commitment from the university’s leadership. It seems like the leadership is only now starting to get it.

They for sure don’t. This was not what they took a chance on. Ppl think that just b/c these companies r multi-billion $, they just have $ to burn. Adidas has an inferiority complex to Nike, and they r always trying to one up them by outbidding them for teams & designers, all in hopes to catch up to them. Most of Adidas branded schools r G5 & FCS schools. The few P5 schools they endorse do not have the football pedigree as us (outside of Nebraska). Hence they took a chance, gambled on us.

I talked w/ my homegirl who’s on the design team for Adidas, and Adidas is trying & reeling. Basically it’s Yeezy or nothing, and that a-hole has been tweeting pro Nike chit, boosting their evaluation. Smh.

They are having buyers remorse on several investments b/c it’s not paying the dividends they thought. I just hope they pony up the $, and not treat us like Michigan & start focusing on other investments (hint, they already are).

I get your confusion but I think it’s actually quite simple. Miami dominated CFB for a significant period without the administration doing much of anything. It all came too easy. Most of us have known for some time that that level of success is no longer possible in general, much less without a commitment from the university’s leadership. It seems like the leadership is only now starting to get it.

U’re right, bro. They made one great hire in Schnelly, and followed that up w/ JJ & it became a huge domino effect, which they richly benefited from.

Advertisement
The bottom line is we need 5 major boosters to pony up $5m a year each for a 5 year commitment. After this the fundraising and revenues will take care of itself.

$10M for hiring MAJOR name HC - offer John Harbaugh the job. Makes $9M and wins no what players nor style the GM gives him.
$7-10M for assistants/analysts/staff/fluffers/whatever
$5-8M remaining for NIL recruiting/retention

Spend the g-d money.

Out of all the Bot’s I’d say there’s maybe four that give a **** about football , and three are furious.

Trustees​

Leonard Abess
Betty G. Amos
Hilarie Bass
Jon Batchelor
Fred Berens
Tracey P. Berkowitz
Marc A. Buoniconti
Alfred R. Camner
Adam E. Carlin
Wayne E. Chaplin
Christopher Chen
Adriana Cisneros
Charles E. Cobb
Landon Coles
Edward A. Dauer
Paul J. DiMare - This dude is an old head that only cares about baseball and his son coaching it.
David L. Epstein
Richard D. Fain -Royal Caribbean CEO dont give two $hits about Canes Football
Miguel B. Fernandez
Phillip Frost - Band Geek come on!
Phillip T. George
Rose Ellen Greene
Barbara Hecht Havenick
Allan M. Herbert
Marilyn J. Holifield
Manuel Kadre
Carolyn B. Lamm
Marcus Lemonis
Jayne Sylvester Malfitano
Jose R. Mas - We need this guy to pony up big time
Patricia Menendez-Cambo
Stuart A. Miller
William L. Morrison
Judi Prokop Newman
Aaron S. Podhurst
Lois Pope
Alex E. Rodríguez
Steven J. Saiontz
Robert E. Sanchez
Marvin R. Shanken
Laurie S. Silvers
H. T. Smith, Jr.
Jacquelyn R. Soffer - Is this family gonna pony up more money?
E. Roe Stamps, IV
Ronald G. Stone
Johnny C. Taylor, Jr.
Ana Veiga Milton
Alice S. Vilma
Jonathan Vilma

David R. Weaver
Geisha J. Williams
G. Ed Williamson II

Which four? because based on my guess here. Those are not very good odds that we can get anything done.

I’m not sure we’ve ever seen it… like manny fired tomorrow, Mario coaches the UVA game type thing…

Maybe if we snagged a pro coach, but still not sure I’ve seen it play out
I wasn't picturing Mario walking away from Oregon mid-season, but if it's obvious he's coming here, how does that play to Oregon recruits?

Advertisement

Trustees​

Leonard Abess
Betty G. Amos
Hilarie Bass
Jon Batchelor
Fred Berens
Tracey P. Berkowitz
Marc A. Buoniconti
Alfred R. Camner
Adam E. Carlin
Wayne E. Chaplin
Christopher Chen
Adriana Cisneros
Charles E. Cobb
Landon Coles
Edward A. Dauer
Paul J. DiMare - This dude is an old head that only cares about baseball and his son coaching it.
David L. Epstein
Richard D. Fain -Royal Caribbean CEO dont give two $hits about Canes Football
Miguel B. Fernandez
Phillip Frost - Band Geek come on!
Phillip T. George
Rose Ellen Greene
Barbara Hecht Havenick
Allan M. Herbert
Marilyn J. Holifield
Manuel Kadre
Carolyn B. Lamm
Marcus Lemonis
Jayne Sylvester Malfitano
Jose R. Mas - We need this guy to pony up big time
Patricia Menendez-Cambo
Stuart A. Miller
William L. Morrison
Judi Prokop Newman
Aaron S. Podhurst
Lois Pope
Alex E. Rodríguez
Steven J. Saiontz
Robert E. Sanchez
Marvin R. Shanken
Laurie S. Silvers
H. T. Smith, Jr.
Jacquelyn R. Soffer - Is this family gonna pony up more money?
E. Roe Stamps, IV
Ronald G. Stone
Johnny C. Taylor, Jr.
Ana Veiga Milton
Alice S. Vilma
Jonathan Vilma

David R. Weaver
Geisha J. Williams
G. Ed Williamson II

Which four? because based on my guess here. Those are not very good odds that we can get anything done.
I should be more clear , there’s more than four that care but I’d say theres only a handful that are passionate about football and winning. They want more and expect more.

I just don't understand how people that are involved with the University are happy with the current state of the athletic department.

Even if they don't give a crap about athletics, one still should want good return on investment. The athletic department has been trending in a negative direction, insofar as results go, across most sports. Someone has to care, right?

I just don't understand how people that are involved with the University are happy with the current state of the athletic department.

Even if they don't give a crap about athletics, one still should want good return on investment. The athletic department has been trending in a negative direction, insofar as results go, across most sports. Someone has to care, right?
They ARE still getting a good ROI, maybe the best ever, despite the putrid product. This is part of the problem.

Out of all the Bot’s I’d say there’s maybe four that give a **** about football , and three are furious.
Can I guess which one is not furious? Epstein? I could be wrong in whether he cares about football.

Advertisement
Back