Frances L. Wolfson
Thomas D. Wood, Sr.

Secretary to the Board of Trustees​

Leslie Dellinger Aceituno
1 Alumni Representative
2 Student Trustee
3 Also regularly-elected member
Effective June 2021

If only 3 or 4 out of this list give a **** about athletics, well then it's over with. We done.
Not really. If there is indifference to the point of no resistance or as long as any pet projects are not f’d with they would be “whatever”. Key are the hardcore opposition.

There might be a ton of BOT members but very few are involved with a coaching hire. They will form a committee and those that give a crap will be involved.

I would hope Mario would bring Moorehead instead of Ponce if he does make the move. That guy was recruiting well at Miss St but just might not be HC material.

And coaches have accepted jobs while finishing out a season. Jimbo Fisher did it but was on such terrible terms with the athletic department and booster club it was a disaster. Mario has charisma and a legit shot to win big this year at Oregon. He'll handle it well

Advertisement
There are a lot that care about football, but there are only a few that matter because they write the checks. There is money and then there’s MONEY.
You need to convince the people who can match Nike money AND pay for Mario and his Assistants of HIS CHOICE. Don’t bother Mario unless you convince him you are going after Dabo and Saban. He’ll hang up the phone otherwise, and rightly so.

Are we seriously going to go after Mario? Can we afford him? More specifically, can we afford his staff? Does the BoT really care? Does it really matter that former players are upset? I love our former players, but they cannot help. Love that they have a brotherhood other schools don’t have, but it just doesn’t matter. Ed Reed is one of the best all time guys. He cant help this. The BOT and the President have to decide what type of program they want.
The Money is there. It’s not a money issue. It’s a decision making issue. Doesn’t take that many billionaires to scrape together the money it’d take to hire Mario, or anyone else.

They’ve spent the money lately. They’ve made bad decisions.

You know how you fundraise ???

Have your major sports programs succeed.

This sells tickets, sells merchandise and increases donations cause people want to be associated with a winner. ANYONE can raise funds at a Bama or Clemson or OSU.Yea they have a tremendous amount of alumni but I’d bet a very large percentage of donations have never been to those campuses.

The old saying “ it takes money to make money “ applies here but it should read “ it takes wins and championships to make money.”

No one wants to be associated with a loser.Get this program back to the top and see how quick and easy it becomes to raise money.

As I alluded to back in 2015, when Adidas outbid Nike, my frat who works for them said the reason why they chose not to match was b/c by Miami retaining Golden was a clear sign that the Miami of old was not the same program. It signaled to them we were a bad investment, so a business decision was made.

It appears to me that Miami wants to be compensated w/o giving boosters, endorses, & students a product worth a ****. Adidas didn’t pay us $6.5m/yr to represent a product that’s not in contention for championships or a perennial 7-8 wins on the football field, NIT team on the hardwood, a laughing stock on the baseball diamond, and a T&F program that’s….well…mediocre af.

Win, and they will come: that’s boosters, recruits, endorsement $, etc.

This is correct. However, the ones that care carry most of the votes on football decisions. I just finished a round of golf with a member that cares as much as we do and another that doesn’t follow football at all. Buyout is nothing worth mentioning. Manny will not last the season if this continues. He is however not sure we could get the right coach in the middle of the season, he was possibly thinking interim coach which I reminded him would **** up recruiting. I told him we must spend serious money to get the right coach.
Not sure how a firing mid season screws up recruiting than year’s end. Recruits that interested already know Manny will likely not be here next season.

Advertisement
The Money is there. It’s not a money issue. It’s a decision making issue. Doesn’t take that many billionaires to scrape together the money it’d take to hire Mario, or anyone else.

Mario won’t come here with this AD, of that I’m certain. He’ll want absolute control of the Program and a Wartime Consigliere for AD who will back him up. That isn’t Flake.

As I alluded to back in 2015, when Adidas outbid Nike, my frat who works for them said the reason why they chose not to match was b/c by Miami retaining Golden was a clear sign that the Miami of old was not the same program. It signaled to them we were a bad investment, so a business decision was made.

It appears to me that Miami wants to be compensated w/o giving boosters, endorses, & students a product worth a ****. Adidas didn’t pay us $6.5m/yr to represent a product that’s not in contention for championships or a perennial 7-8 wins on the football field, NIT team on the hardwood, a laughing stock on the baseball diamond, and a T&F program that’s….well…mediocre af.

If sHT doesn’t change KEDS will be our next deal…..

Would Lashlee open the playbook is the better question?
Well if tvD or Garcia is the QB he would be able to. King cant read and/or make the throws that Lashlee's offense is designed for. Thats one of the main reasons the O doesnt look anything like what he did at SMU. i got mad respect and like King but he is a RB posing as a QB

Advertisement

The BOT is led by some of the most successful businessmen and women in the Country. How could they not see this?

Exactly. The money is there. The decisions aren’t. Maybe, they get it right this time. I doubt it but I’m a fan who wants to hope.

Advertisement
What qualifications does Trev Alberts have to be AD at Nebraska? ****, Indiana University hired an attorney (Fred Glass) to be their AD. At least Highsmith has NFL administration experience. I am all for it and think he is the perfect fit.

this wouldn't just be a job for Alonzo, this would be his life, his passion. He's also a real football guy, and highly competent. Who knows if he'd be a full-time AD, or just a guy who oversees the football program, but like you, I want him at UM.

Plus no Cuban wants to live anywhere but South Florida. 🇨🇺
Plus His brother Luis also lettered at Miami and was a good OL, mean SOB on and off the field, I think he is one of Miami's finest now or was. A few years ago I saw Mario at Joe's StoneCrab, we can set up a few freebies! Come back to Guecheter we need U

Advertisement
Back