The nobody gives a crap update

Advertisement
I’ll never understand the Blake argument that “he’s great at fundraising”… A successful/winning athletic department with a great football team will do a **** of a lot better at raising funds than this current mess. Not to mention the exposure it brings to the University.

I know… beating a dead horse, preaching to the choir, etc.
Can’t remember where I read it but after the College game day/ND game applications to get into the university sky rocketed after that weekend. It’s not really that hard to understand what a good football program does to a school, and you don’t have to sell your morals to be a good program.

There's been discussion on whether coaches have been fired after 3 games, but has a coach ever left for another job after 3 games? Let's say Manny is gone and Mario is the guy. How does that work? You have to know the Oregon players would know he's a short timer.

Respectfully kinda disagree. Overly relying on the transfer portal is the type of short term thinking that has us in the mess we are in. Use it to supplement the core of your team but you still really need to recruit and develop that core.
that's fair. i think the key word is "overly." my point is that if getting the right coach will have the immediate downside effect of an exodus - especially an exodus of high profile big name recruits like taylor - that's no reason not to make the hire. the portal allows the new coach to put a band-aid on the roster while he - hopefully - provides a proof of concept which should attract fresh, highly rated talent in the future. similarly, we shouldn't make a hire because it's more likely highly rated talent sticks with the program. agree 100% if a coach is still relying on an inordinate # of transfers after year 2, or whenever, that's a problem.

Advertisement
As I posted last night I’d be surprised to see King play next week. The last couple games it’s been obvious he’s been short hopping throws , no matter how you feel about him he’s never had an issue with that. Well as some people here suspected he hurt his shoulder and knee in previous weeks, and has been playing banged up. There’s things you can do to help subdue if but the kid is legit hurt. He’s a warrior and I respect the **** out of him for trying, but he needs to sit. He doesn’t have to prove anything to anyone .

When I said Msu could be the beginning of the wheels coming off I meant it, there’s a lot of unhappy people from Bot’s, former players and current players. It could definitely get worse.

As for the buyout , it’s chump change. It’s close or even less than what we gave Temple. That’s not even an issue.

TS was puking off and on during the game because he was sick as a dog. Too bad theres not more guys like him and King.

Mario will 100 % be the first call ( shocker) , he’ll probably get the second and third call too.

Next week expect the depth chart to have some changes, some different faces getting more burn. Both Elijah’s being a couple . It’s sad it takes to reaching an epic meltdown before the light goes on. If LT doesn’t play next week officially be concerned. He was supposed to play yesterday.

As of today Manny is on the hot seat imo his hail mary shot to save his job is making wholesale changes, putting in young guys , hoping and praying for a spark/miracle. Because at this point its more a when. not if.
Lets Go Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

Two is a start, but we need more.

All the hate towards Manny really does need to be redirected to the BOTs. Firing Manny solves nothing. Firing Manny and Blake is a start. Making the next Hires and giving them everything they need to succeed is the important step.
Made a lot of sense to put King out there with a minute to play down 3 scores, this staff is a joke and we need a complete overhaul.
And they ran RPO on one down 🤣😂

Advertisement
No. Fire him now. I have yet to hear a reason to wait. There could be hundreds. I just have not seen them.
I 100% agree. It's obvious they aren't though so I'm just hoping the next loss is the catalyst. A man can dream.

Can’t remember where I read it but after the College game day/ND game applications to get into the university sky rocketed after that weekend. It’s not really that hard to understand what a good football program does to a school, and you don’t have to sell your morals to be a good program.
You know how you fundraise ???

Have your major sports programs succeed.

This sells tickets, sells merchandise and increases donations cause people want to be associated with a winner. ANYONE can raise funds at a Bama or Clemson or OSU.Yea they have a tremendous amount of alumni but I’d bet a very large percentage of donors have never been to those campuses.

The old saying “ it takes money to make money “ applies here but it should read “ it takes wins and championships to make money.”

No one wants to be associated with a loser.Get this program back to the top and see how quick and easy it becomes to raise money.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There's been discussion on whether coaches have been fired after 3 games, but has a coach ever left for another job after 3 games? Let's say Manny is gone and Mario is the guy. How does that work? You have to know the Oregon players would know he's a short timer.
I’m not sure we’ve ever seen it… like manny fired tomorrow, Mario coaches the UVA game type thing…

Maybe if we snagged a pro coach, but still not sure I’ve seen it play out

Does he make it out of the stadium it we lose next week? That's the real question.

I don’t see those two being in the same room ever , Mario would be tempted to stick his fist up his *** and use Blake as a puppet.
That’s what concerns me about any quality coach that we call. We need a BAMF as our AD and until we get it any real dude is gonna see through loafer boy and the Eukanuba model.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back