The nobody gives a crap update

Why in the **** are there so many BoT members?!!

The full board is largely a philanthropy/networking thing. You donate some money, you get on the board. The real decisions are made by the sub committees. Usually the executive committee meets and debates/decides and then it goes to full board for vote if the bylaws indicate whatever they are discussing needs a full vote. 99% of everything is decided before it goes to the full BOT.

Advertisement
Who’s Lambert? There are no BOT members with that name.

Also, you are forgetting the Mas brothers. Not only do they care about football, but I suspect they would love to have Mario here.
Every time I speak to people I trust I hear the same four names. It’s always Soffer, Epstein, Dimare and Lambert. I always lump Lambert in because he swings a big stick and has a lot of stroke. I had no clue he wasn’t officially a member. I also hear most of the board doesn’t care about football and the perception. Just a handful of people that are passionate. Soffer being one of the most rustled right now.

Last edited:
The full board is largely a philanthropy/networking thing. You donate some money, you get on the board. The real decisions are made by the sub committees. Usually the executive committee meets and debates/decides and then it goes to full board for vote if the bylaws indicate whatever they are discussing needs a full vote. 99% of everything is decided before it goes to the full BOT.

Interesting. BoT's that I'm familiar with are around 15 or less.

Every time I speak to people I trust I hear the same four names. It’s always Soffer, Epstein, Dimare and Lambert. I always lump Lambert in because he swings a big stick and has a lot of stroke. I had no clue he wasn’t officially a member. I also hear most of the board doesn’t care about football and the perception. Just a handful of people that are passionate. Soffer being one of the most most rustled right now.

I know who you are talking about now. I was hoping you were talking about Eddie Lampert lol. His wife is on one of the healthcare boards.

He won’t be fired until we lose a couple of more games, specifically ACC games. Once we lose two or three more games then we are done.

Team is broken and no amount of shuffling the deck is going to fix it. Diaz doesn’t deserve one last Hail Mary.
Potential problem.
IMO the Coastal will go back to being the Coastal this year.
A 5-3 (conference play) team will win it.

Advertisement
It’s hard to get bigger unless you start talking about a super staff that clear and ahead blow everybody out. Joe Salave’a is probably the best Dline coach in the country. IF I’m him then my staff looks like this

Co-OC/QB: Frank Ponce
CO-OC/RB: Seider
WR: Likens
OL/Run game coordinator: Mirabal
TE/Pass Game Coordinator: John David Baker

DC/OLB: Deruyter
DL/AHC: Joe Salave’a
Co-DC/ILB: Ken Wilson
DB/Pass Game Coodinator: T-Rob
S: TBD

He’ll also probably bring his personnel guy with Aristide, Field, and DVD back to recruiting.
What about Joe Moorhead as OC?

Are we seriously going to go after Mario? Can we afford him? More specifically, can we afford his staff? Does the BoT really care? Does it really matter that former players are upset? I love our former players, but they cannot help. Love that they have a brotherhood other schools don’t have, but it just doesn’t matter. Ed Reed is one of the best all time guys. He cant help this. The BOT and the President have to decide what type of program they want.
Mario is a pipe dream at this point. We had opportunities to get but blew it. He’s got things rolling at Oregon right now, no way he jeopardizes he career to come here and try to rebuild this dumpster fire.

Advertisement
What about Joe Moorhead as OC?
No. He’s going to want Sieder here. He’s gonna want guys who’ll be able to pick and choose who they want and land them. Look at the staff and research their backgrounds. They’re all mega recruiters and they’ve all out multiple NFL dudes in the league and Ponce has worked with Lamar Jackson.

hes been a personnel executive for the packers for several years and got hired to be the vice president of player personnel by the Browns

his resumee is better than 90% of all of the others
What he's done in his career is nothing to do with the job of an Athletic Director.

Advertisement
Every time I speak to people I trust I hear the same four names. It’s always Soffer, Epstein, Dimare and Lambert. I always lump Lambert in because he swings a big stick and has a lot of stroke. I had no clue he wasn’t officially a member. I also hear most of the board doesn’t care about football and the perception. Just a handful of people that are passionate. Soffer being one of the most rustled right now.
As she should be after the huge donation for the indoor practice facility.

Doesn’t sound like the BOT is THAT angry. I wanted to hear Manny and Blake are gone very soon. Not the update I wanted to hear to be honest. The fact that Manny still has a “Hail Mary shot” tells me all I need to know.
I get it but if he wins out playing young guys, does he still deserve to be fired?

Not saying it’ll happen but it’s called a Hail Mary for a reason.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back