The nobody gives a crap update

Advertisement
Out of all the Bot’s I’d say there’s maybe four that give a **** about football , and three are furious.
This is correct. However, the ones that care carry most of the votes on football decisions. I just finished a round of golf with a member that cares as much as we do and another that doesn’t follow football at all. Buyout is nothing worth mentioning. Manny will not last the season if this continues. He is however not sure we could get the right coach in the middle of the season, he was possibly thinking interim coach which I reminded him would **** up recruiting. I told him we must spend serious money to get the right coach.

there's only one college job he would take....
Well… we missed on him once. I only hope we don’t make the same mistake again. I have zero faith that he would be hired. The only way this happens is if there is a complete purge and the important people who wanted him last time, throw down the gauntlet. I do wonder who he’d want as his head coach and staff. I know he’d have a hand in all of it

Advertisement
i like mario a lot, and would be pleased if he's our next coach, but don't think this is a good reason to hire him. with the transfer portal you can pretty much turn over your roster in a single off-season. just get the right guy as the hc and it will get much, much better.
Respectfully kinda disagree. Overly relying on the transfer portal is the type of short term thinking that has us in the mess we are in. Use it to supplement the core of your team but you still really need to recruit and develop that core.

I edited the op. King also hurt his knee against Bama. The shoulder I’m not clear on if it’s Bama or ASU. I missed the knee part when I read the text . He’s dealing with multiple injuries , but the shoulder looks like more of a problem.
I saw that hit where it thought he got hurt and he got up limped twice then muscled it through

Advertisement
This is correct. However, the ones that care carry most of the votes on football decisions. I just finished a round of golf with a member that cares as much as we do and another that doesn’t follow football at all. Buyout is nothing worth mentioning. Manny will not last the season if this continues. He is however not sure we could get the right coach in the middle of the season, he was possibly thinking interim coach which I reminded him would **** up recruiting. I told him we must spend serious money to get the right coach.
Anything on Blake?

As I posted last night I’d be surprised to see King play next week. The last couple games it’s been obvious he’s been short hopping throws , no matter how you feel about him he’s never had an issue with that. Well as some people here suspected he hurt his shoulder and knee in previous weeks, and has been playing banged up. There’s things you can do to help subdue if but the kid is legit hurt. He’s a warrior and I respect the **** out of him for trying, but he needs to sit. He doesn’t have to prove anything to anyone .

When I said Msu could be the beginning of the wheels coming off I meant it, there’s a lot of unhappy people from Bot’s, former players and current players. It could definitely get worse.

As for the buyout , it’s chump change. It’s close or even less than what we gave Temple. That’s not even an issue.

TS was puking off and on during the game because he was sick as a dog. Too bad theres not more guys like him and King.

Mario will 100 % be the first call ( shocker) , he’ll probably get the second and third call too.

Next week expect the depth chart to have some changes, some different faces getting more burn. Both Elijah’s being a couple . It’s sad it takes to reaching an epic meltdown before the light goes on. If LT doesn’t play next week officially be concerned. He was supposed to play yesterday.

As of today Manny is on the hot seat imo his hail mary shot to save his job is making wholesale changes, putting in young guys , hoping and praying for a spark/miracle. Because at this point its more a when. not if.
💯 X King and TS - If not more.

If the BOT was serious, Blake would be the first domino and that would be now.

Thanks @Cribby for sharing

It’s funny you say that because that part of the problem. Even the ones that care about football don’t care about it the way we do. Fundamentally though, many do care, but sooo many have no clue that it really explains the current situation. Can you imagine a BOT member for Alabama, or Georgia having absolutely no clue about football?

Advertisement
It’s funny you say that because that part of the problem. Even the ones that care about football don’t care about it the way we do. Fundamentally though, many do care, but sooo many have no clue that it really explains the current situation. Can you imagine a BOT member for Alabama, or Georgia having absolutely no clue about football?
Those schools have BOT members that don't care about football but they also know the money and the rest of the board does. It's fine to have some nerd on the board that wants to fund a music school, as long as you have some whales that want to win championships. It doesn't have to be either or.

Advertisement
I respect you have inside info. Believe me, I want that to happen. It’s been a rough 15 years or so. It’s like they don’t understand what this team meant to our community. If they put together a top coaching staff and organization and start competing for championships, that money for coaches will be chump change.
Unfortunately the BOT doesn't realize that football success translates to $ all around.
Merch, yes, but I've never seen so many kids in this area (NJ) interested in going to Tuscaloosa.

But over the past decade, the success of Crimson Tide football can be measured off the field as well, as it has become a powerful engine for the university’s economic and academic growth, a standout among other large public universities with a similar zest for capitalizing on their sports programs.

Alabama’s football pre-eminence on television and in the postseason, along with an aggressive plan to extend the university reach beyond the state, has helped attract a more academically-minded student body in the past decade from all over the country and served as the catalyst for more than $1.7 billion in fund-raising, according to those who have engineered the explosive growth.

...and this was 6 years ago.

Who’s Lambert? There are no BOT members with that name.

Also, you are forgetting the Mas brothers. Not only do they care about football, but I suspect they would love to have Mario here.
The Mas brothers are too busy with Inter Miami. They and Beckham have a massive job on their hands

It’s the only way to truly compete with the elites at this point or the BoT should just accept that this is a mediocre football program.

Would Deruyter follow out here? Mirabal and Ponce are basically no brainers. I’d assume he’d want money to go even bigger at some spots.
It’s hard to get bigger unless you start talking about a super staff that clear and ahead blow everybody out. Joe Salave’a is probably the best Dline coach in the country. IF I’m him then my staff looks like this

Co-OC/QB: Frank Ponce
CO-OC/RB: Seider
WR: Likens
OL/Run game coordinator: Mirabal
TE/Pass Game Coordinator: John David Baker

DC/OLB: Deruyter
DL/AHC: Joe Salave’a
Co-DC/ILB: Ken Wilson
DB/Pass Game Coodinator: T-Rob
S: TBD

He’ll also probably bring his personnel guy with Aristide, Field, and DVD back to recruiting.

Advertisement
Back