The nobody gives a crap update

Advertisement
Are members of the staff down on Manny too? I can’t imagine guys like T Rob and Likens who have pretty solid backgrounds can see what’s going on and approve.

Is there a rift between Manny and Rhett? It seems like the only explanation outside of general Manny incompetence is staff internal dysfunction.

We had better results last year with the same level of Manny incompetence. Obviously losing our D ends hurts but the offense shouldn’t be feeling that and they are by far the more disappointing unit as far as expectations vs reality is concerned.
Likens ain't Sh*t....

Any speculation about Blake's replacement? Will they get a leader or another yes man? Is Highsmith a consideration? If so, is he interested? If so, would he be a good choice?
he's still very interested
It’s not popular for some but Highsmith is the guy i want , i want competitive , hungry people leading this program. Who knows what winning looks like.

Advertisement
Who is a list of Miami's "influential" donors?

Clearly Lemonis is an alpha voice (for atheltics) on BoT...
Soffer

Stewart Miller (owner of Lennar Homes)

Dimare

^These are the alphas…and they’re ****ed. Stewart hasn’t been that involved since our championship days because he was growing his business. He’s back now

I have my reasons but I don't like to post opinion on something without knowing more about it. I just know he’s unhappy and he was told he‘d play .
If I had to guess he was told he would play but his body
language looks like **** so they decided against it

Highsmith as AD!? This university man..

I respected the **** out of his football resume but what qualifies him to be AD?

This school really needs to reevaluate its athletic department structure. Highsmith could fill a role as Head of Football Ops, answering to the AD and working WITH our HC but to make him a full AD just could lead to alot the same.

Whoever it is, we need admin to see the benefit of their success
What qualifications does Trev Alberts have to be AD at Nebraska? ****, Indiana University hired an attorney (Fred Glass) to be their AD. At least Highsmith has NFL administration experience. I am all for it and think he is the perfect fit.

I’ve been on record as not a Mario guy but it makes too much sense if you can get him and give him the resources to build an elite program. No more minor league moves. Go for someone proven and give them the infrastructure to right this ship. I can hardly watch this **** in its current state.
At this point, constantly bumping against a 10-11 win ceiling every year sounds pretty darn good.

Advertisement
At this point, constantly bumping against a 10-11 win ceiling every year sounds pretty darn good.
We likely will have some goofy Ls and his in game decision making will be questionable at times, but having a tough, physical football team who plays hard and smart is a start. He also recruits his *** off. I’m sure it’s easier to put a staff together in the SE as well than at Oregon, if given the resources.

Advertisement
Mario may be entertaining USC, they also have money to burn.
If Mario is willing to move from Oregon, be it Miami or USC, Oregon will not blink trying to extension his contract again. He was just extended this past December. He still may wish to move on, but money won’t be the key factor in his decision.

Advertisement
I have my reasons but I don't like to post opinion on something without knowing more about it. I just know he’s unhappy and he was told he‘d play.
Wow lol.. How could Diaz possibly ***** this up? All he had to do was play the kid a little and he would have been happy. I think that LT is probably the best player on the DL right now and Diaz is purposely sitting him because he's a freshman! Get this cancer poor excuse for a football coach the heck of here! Free Leonard Taylor!!!!!!!!!

I’ll never understand the Blake argument that “he’s great at fundraising”… A successful/winning athletic department with a great football team will do a **** of a lot better at raising funds than this current mess. Not to mention the exposure it brings to the University.

I know… beating a dead horse, preaching to the choir, etc.

I’ve been on record as not a Mario guy but it makes too much sense if you can get him and give him the resources to build an elite program. No more minor league moves. Go for someone proven and give them the infrastructure to right this ship. I can hardly watch this **** in its current state.
That’s the key

He’s going to want to bring in Frank Ponce, Mirabal, Deruyter, and probably keep T-Rob and Likens. That’s a lot of ******* money and that’s not including if he can somehow convince Joe Salave’a to join with.

Chair​

Laurie S. Silvers

Vice Chairs​

Manny Kadre
Johnny C. Taylor, Jr.

Trustees​

Leonard Abess
Betty G. Amos
Hilarie Bass
Jon Batchelor
Fred Berens
Tracey P. Berkowitz
Marc A. Buoniconti
Alfred R. Camner
Adam E. Carlin
Wayne E. Chaplin
Christopher Chen1
Adriana Cisneros
Charles E. Cobb
Landon Coles2
Edward A. Dauer
Paul J. DiMare
David L. Epstein
Richard D. Fain
Miguel B. Fernandez
Phillip Frost
Phillip T. George
Rose Ellen Greene
Barbara Hecht Havenick
Allan M. Herbert
Marilyn J. Holifield
Manuel Kadre
Carolyn B. Lamm1
Marcus Lemonis
Jayne Sylvester Malfitano
Jose R. Mas
Patricia Menendez-Cambo
Stuart A. Miller
William L. Morrison
Judi Prokop Newman
Aaron S. Podhurst
Lois Pope
Alex E. Rodríguez
Steven J. Saiontz
Robert E. Sanchez
Marvin R. Shanken
Laurie S. Silvers
H. T. Smith, Jr.
Jacquelyn R. Soffer
E. Roe Stamps, IV
Ronald G. Stone
Johnny C. Taylor, Jr.
Ana VeigaMilton
Alice S. Vilma1
Jonathan Vilma
David R. Weaver
Geisha J. Williams
G. Ed Williamson II

Ex-Officio Members​

Devang Desai
President
Alumni Association

Ana VeigaMilton3
President
Citizens Board

Maribel C. Wadsworth
President-elect
Alumni Association

Carlos Guzman
President-elect
Citizens Board

Kourtney Gibson
Immediate Past President
Alumni Association

Roberta L. Jacoby
Immediate Past President
Citizens Board

Julio Frenk
President
University of Miami

Emeriti Members​

Michael I. Abrams
Adrienne Arsht
Jose P. Bared
M. Anthony Burns
Paul L. Cejas
Laura G. Coulter-Jones
Carlos M. de la Cruz, Sr.
Edward W. Easton
Gloria M. Estefan
Enrique C. Falla, Sr.
Alfonso Fanjul
George Feldenkreis
David I. Fuente
Thelma V.A. Gibson
Bernard J. Kosar, Jr.
Jorge M. Pérez
Fredric G. Reynolds
Eduardo M. Sardiña
Frank P. Scruggs
Steven Sonberg
Patricia W. Toppel
Gonzalo F. Valdes-Fauli
Marta S. Weeks-Wulf
Frances L. Wolfson
Thomas D. Wood, Sr.

Secretary to the Board of Trustees​

Leslie Dellinger Aceituno
1 Alumni Representative
2 Student Trustee
3 Also regularly-elected member
Effective June 2021

If only 3 or 4 out of this list give a **** about athletics, well then it's over with. We done.

Advertisement
Back