The NFL draft proved that

Its coaching and the culture of the program.. lavonte david was the third best lb on that MNW team he made the best decision of his life by going to Nebraska. Besides those couple of years UF had the coaching in florida has been super bad and it seems like the kids who chose to leave state did better. Luiget, Denard, Hosley, bernard, white, geno, watkins and the list goes on. I dont think it has nothing to do with stars just ****** coaching..

Advertisement
4 & 5 star rankings from Rivals means nada, zippo! This draft proved that we have a CEO that knows how to evaluate and develop talent, see Temple draft. See advice given to our juniors that left early.

It's all about developing talent, and you have to agree that Golden gets an A+. What he acomplished at temple is nothing short of a miracle.

So next time when you see an offer to a 3 star player , don't fret, just trust the CEO and his staff know something you and I don't. I give rivals the one finger salute, and to all star ***** don't believe the hype.

Go canes!

LOL What? Star rankings are for HS kids entering college. They are not meant for NFL projections. Star rankings are based on HS field production, offers, camps and other things. They are also updated a lot during and after there senior year of ball before NSD.

They dont update there star rankings after the kid has entered college or else it would be all 4 and 5 stars.

4 & 5 star rankings from Rivals means nada, zippo! This draft proved that we have a CEO that knows how to evaluate and develop talent, see Temple draft. See advice given to our juniors that left early.

It's all about developing talent, and you have to agree that Golden gets an A+. What he acomplished at temple is nothing short of a miracle..
So next time when you see an offer to a 3 star player , don't fret, just trust the CEO and his staff know something you and I don't. I give rivals the one finger salute, and to all star ***** don't believe the hype.

Go canes!

LOL What? Star rankings are for HS kids entering college. They are not meant for NFL projections. Star rankings are based on HS field production, offers, camps and other things. They are also updated a lot during and after there senior year of ball before NSD.

They dont update there star rankings after the kid has entered college or else it would be all 4 and 5 stars.

Yeah and what's your point? People have a tendency to equate 5 stars with success on the field, and that's just not the case. My whole point is that the NFL draft was full of former 2 stars. That we have a coach that is a proven talent evaluator, and my other point , not to get too excited when you hear we inked a 5 star.

here is a write up a guy form caneinsider did, very interesting.....

The rivals database from 2008 looks like this...

0.433% were 5 stars
4.31% were 4 stars
11.633% were 3 stars
25.76% were 2 stars
57.9% were 1 or less

The 1st round of this years draft looks like this (I had to exclude Weeden and Jenkins from this calculation because I don't know what they were rated)...

13.3% were 5 stars
43.3% were 4 stars
30% were 3 stars
13.3% were 2 stars
0% were 1 stars

How do you explain the 4.74% of prospects that received 4 or more stars making up 56.6% of the 1st round? Yet the 95.293% of prospects receiving 3 or fewer stars made up just 43.3% of of the first round selections? Obviously stars mean something.

Here is the raw data that allowed me to come to this conclusion...

----2008 Rivals Database----
5 star = 37 players
4 star = 368 players
3 star = 993 players
2 star = 2199 players
1 or less stars = 4939 players

-----Draft Selection By stars------
5 star = 4 players
4 star = 13 players
3 star = 9 players
2 star = 4 players
1 star = 0 players
No Star = 2 players

4 star = Andrew Luck
4 star = Robert Griffin III
5 star = Trent Richardson
5 star = Matt Kalil
3 star = Justin Blackmon
3 star = Morris Claiborne
4 star = Mark Barron
3 star = Ryan Tannehill
3 star = Luke Kuechly
4 star = Stephon Gilmore
2 star = Dontari Poe
4 star = Fletcher Cox
5 star = Michael Floyd
4 star = Michael Brockers
4 star = Bruce Irvin
4 star = Quinton Coples
5 star = Dre Kirkpatrick
4 star = Melvin Ingram
2 star = Shea McClellin
3 star = Kendall Wright
2 star = Chandler Jones
Not Rated = Brandon Weeden
3 star = Riley Reiff
3 star = David DeCastro
4 star = Dont'a Hightower
3 star = Whitney Mercilus
3 star = Kevin Zeitler
4 star = Nick Perry
4 star = Harrison Smith
Not Rated = A.J. Jenkins
2 star = Doug Martin
4 star = David Wilson

Now if you have a guy that can develop and consistently land 4-5* talent that is a very good thing. Look at what Saban does with his talent, hopefully we start to see the same type of results with Coach Golden. He sure seems to be targeting the right kind of players and seems to have a plan on how he would like to develop said talent.... Only time will tell.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back