The Next Adrian Peterson

Advertisement
I hope you guys are right and Walton is a phenom for us but I see another Eduardo Clements type.

Advertisement
He's comparable to none mentioned. He's an incoming freshman with the potential to be a better than average running back. How much above that he becomes or below that depends on three things. Hard work, keeping out of trouble, and the players around him particularly blockers.

Since recruiting videos became a big thing on the net, AP had the best highlights I ever saw at his position.

No disrespect to Walton, but he doesn't resemble AP at all. That's okay though, there's been plenty of other good to great running backs in that time, but only one AP.

I hope you guys are right and Walton is a phenom for us but I see another Eduardo Clements type.

I do think he is better the EC, but nothing really jumps out to me. Hopefully he proves us wrong.

Advertisement
As maligned as he is, Edwards easily has the most upside of our backs IMO. We'll know in September if he can reach his potential or just be another who doesn't.

I do think he is better the EC, but nothing really jumps out to me. Hopefully he proves us wrong.

Agree he looks a bit quicker than Clements but I feel the same way about him that I did about Clements when many were hyping him as a great back and every game I saw or highlights I saw nothing special.Yearby looked way more impressive to me.

Since recruiting videos became a big thing on the net, AP had the best highlights I ever saw at his position.

No disrespect to Walton, but he doesn't resemble AP at all. That's okay though, there's been plenty of other good to great running backs in that time, but only one AP.

For me it was Reggie Bush's. His **** is INSANE! and this isn't even the whole tape!

[video=youtube;tgvY1SLCmFQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgvY1SLCmFQ[/video]

Advertisement
Remember he jumped up a year so depending on what grade he was held back in (probably early on as most are) this kid hasnt spent much time in a high school program. If true it makes a big difference. Weight training, skill building, and playing against top in nation competition etc.

Agree he looks a bit quicker than Clements but I feel the same way about him that I did about Clements when many were hyping him as a great back and every game I saw or highlights I saw nothing special.Yearby looked way more impressive to me.

Yea I never bought the EC hype... I thought we were bringing him in to play slot or db... When he came in it was said he had 4.3 speed...

Booker t kids are always overrated. Every recruit since 2008 hasn't really done much and that is including the ones who left Miami.

Advertisement
Booker t kids are always overrated. Every recruit since 2008 hasn't really done much and that is including the ones who left Miami.

That's an unfair statement considering that they had highly heralded players for only a couple years... The school is only like 15 years... I wouldn't call them overrated...

That's an unfair statement considering that they had highly heralded players for only a couple years... The school is only like 15 years... I wouldn't call them overrated...

I dont know, M3N may actually have a point, when you consider the hype they get and their college production.

Look at the names (supposed studs) who were decently rated and look at their production:

Matthew Thomas (pending)
Chad Thomas (pending)
Denver Kirkland (pending)
Brandon Harris (did OK at UM)
Lyndan Trail - bust
Eduardo Clements (bust)
Thearon Collier (bust)

Nigel Bethel - meh
Davon Johnson - bust
Quinton Dunbar - bust
Elkino Watson - bust
Treon Harris: new uf coach is looking at other QB possibilities - sounds like he has no faith in Harris - bust

Demetrius Jackson -pending
Lamar Parker- pending

So look at those #'s -- at THIS point, Brandon Harris is the most productive player on that list. Again, things could change as a lot of these kids are still young in their careers. But when you look overall, the hype these kids received doesnt match their production at all.

I dont know, M3N may actually have a point, when you consider the hype they get and their college production.

Look at the names (supposed studs) who were decently rated and look at their production:

Matthew Thomas (pending) You're right
Chad Thomas (pending) agree still young
Denver Kirkland (pending) disagree one of the best linemen in the conference
Brandon Harris (did OK at UM) Disagree when is and AA and a second round pick okay? Dude was a good player here...
Lyndan Trail - bust bust? Kid was 6'6 195... He should have never been a 4 star... Late developer and one of the top fcs defensive players
Eduardo Clements (bust) Agree never thought he was deserving of the ranking... Benefited from stellar senior class as a sophomore
Thearon Collier (bust)
Disagree... 3 star player that emerge as a playmaker... Unfortunately got caught up in the street life... Only 2 years here
Nigel Bethel - meh freshman Bruh
Davon Johnson - bust injury prone but was one of our top wideouts here... Produced when he played... Al moved him to db when he was a good wideout... 2012 he proved his worth
Quinton Dunbar - bust He wasn't a bust... Solid wideout in a garbage offense... Again over hyped like Trail and Clements because they were 2 years removed from a great BTW senior class... He never put up wow numbers in high school
Elkino Watson - bust how? He went USF for a reason...
Treon Harris: new uf coach is looking at other QB possibilities - sounds like he has no faith in Harris - bust
Please... This kid help salvage their season from another sub .500 year... Wasn't spectacular but with no weapons he did well for someone who showed up in August against all odds... He has work to do but he is a freshman... This is the most ridiculous statement you can make...
Demetrius Jackson -pending agree
Lamar Parker- pending agree

So look at those #'s -- at THIS point, Brandon Harris is the most productive player on that list. Again, things could change as a lot of these kids are still young in their careers. But when you look overall, the hype these kids received doesnt match their production at all.

He doesn't have a point... Some of the players up there had no expectations what's so ever... What expectations did Collier have? Watkins went to USF for reason... Trail matured late then became a dominant force in at Norfolk state... Again what expectations do you have for a 6'6 190 DE... Several of the players are young... Some were injury prone... And very few were just busts... BTW is a fairly new high school... They have only been a powerhouse for a few years... There 08 team was dominant then they were decent until Ice returned... Then they were able to emerge as a power team in 2012... So from 07 until now they only had a few seasons where their prospects were hyped up... Their kids don't bust...

Advertisement
Back