The new staff and what they inherited

As i was watching FSU begin to get momentum in the 3rd quarter, you could see our kids getting that "here it comes" feeling. their body language was horrible except for the newer kids like Pickney and Shaq. This team is traumatized and lacks Miami caliber talent. It's clear the kids who played the most under the previous staff have bad habits that won't go away easy. Moreover, some of them just aren't that talented. Do Malcolm Lewis and Braxton Berrios get huge roles on a Mark Richt FSU or UGA offense? Is Stand Dobard playing? i can live with freshmen mistakes but they actually make less than the upper classmen. Two first half drives were killed during the up tempo offense because guys couldnt line up. We attack Kaaya but every play he is on his butt or someone is dropping a pass. Darling is considered our most talented OL and on one sack, he legit stop blocking and just let the guy go by him. smh The majority of his incomplete's were drops.
I'm sick we lost to FSU but those guys are experienced. If Kaaya had their OL and Kermit and Bobo, we beat them. Our wr's drop wide open passes while their guys making diving catches. Njoku drops a pass, melvin sanders makes a diving catch. almost everyone on our offense drop a pass. Now, I was a Butch guy but to call Richt "conservative" is unfair because he was very aggressive at FSU and UGA his first 5 years when he called plays. His record at UGA calling plays was 8-4, 13-1, 11-2,10-3, and then 9-4. they wanted him to play more "power" running football and basically made him a CEO. the problem here is it's clear he is not only getting use to playcalling, he doesn't trust this offense. Golden recruited a bunch of soft lineman and as Richt made clear in spring, we lack miami caliber speed at WR. Listen to a Richt interviews, its all about his true freshman on both sides of the ball. A kid like Walton, Mike Smith, etc might have less bad habits because they played less under Golden staff.

The problem here is a talent problem. we lack playmakers on offense. Kaaya might be shellshocked because of what he has been through but kids like Allison and Perry will only know the Richt way of doing things. Just going through the roster, do we have an elite rb? Richards and Mullions are extremely talented but need an offseason of S & C. We better hope Tre johnson, George Brown and whoever we bring in can play and hopefully early enroll because we only have 6 OL worth playing and they arent even that good. On defense, our front 7 has a ton of young talent with more coming in but they are playing colbert at CB and Quan is mixing in at LB. Yet they are still making plays. Malek Young needs more burn and we desperately need the kids coming in to step up. For me, this year is a 9 win year, maybe 10. next year we should be good, 2018 no reason for us not to be elite.

OR...

Richt is washed as a playcaller, and we're going to need superstars all over the field in order to win big.

Advertisement
As i was watching FSU begin to get momentum in the 3rd quarter, you could see our kids getting that "here it comes" feeling. their body language was horrible except for the newer kids like Pickney and Shaq. This team is traumatized and lacks Miami caliber talent. It's clear the kids who played the most under the previous staff have bad habits that won't go away easy. Moreover, some of them just aren't that talented. Do Malcolm Lewis and Braxton Berrios get huge roles on a Mark Richt FSU or UGA offense? Is Stand Dobard playing? i can live with freshmen mistakes but they actually make less than the upper classmen. Two first half drives were killed during the up tempo offense because guys couldnt line up. We attack Kaaya but every play he is on his butt or someone is dropping a pass. Darling is considered our most talented OL and on one sack, he legit stop blocking and just let the guy go by him. smh The majority of his incomplete's were drops.
I'm sick we lost to FSU but those guys are experienced. If Kaaya had their OL and Kermit and Bobo, we beat them. Our wr's drop wide open passes while their guys making diving catches. Njoku drops a pass, melvin sanders makes a diving catch. almost everyone on our offense drop a pass. Now, I was a Butch guy but to call Richt "conservative" is unfair because he was very aggressive at FSU and UGA his first 5 years when he called plays. His record at UGA calling plays was 8-4, 13-1, 11-2,10-3, and then 9-4. they wanted him to play more "power" running football and basically made him a CEO. the problem here is it's clear he is not only getting use to playcalling, he doesn't trust this offense. Golden recruited a bunch of soft lineman and as Richt made clear in spring, we lack miami caliber speed at WR. Listen to a Richt interviews, its all about his true freshman on both sides of the ball. A kid like Walton, Mike Smith, etc might have less bad habits because they played less under Golden staff.

The problem here is a talent problem. we lack playmakers on offense. Kaaya might be shellshocked because of what he has been through but kids like Allison and Perry will only know the Richt way of doing things. Just going through the roster, do we have an elite rb? Richards and Mullions are extremely talented but need an offseason of S & C. We better hope Tre johnson, George Brown and whoever we bring in can play and hopefully early enroll because we only have 6 OL worth playing and they arent even that good. On defense, our front 7 has a ton of young talent with more coming in but they are playing colbert at CB and Quan is mixing in at LB. Yet they are still making plays. Malek Young needs more burn and we desperately need the kids coming in to step up. For me, this year is a 9 win year, maybe 10. next year we should be good, 2018 no reason for us not to be elite.

You are just making excuses for Mark Richt right now. Did you get that feeling when we were up 10 - 0 with a chance to go up 17 - 0?

Oh, you got that feeling when you saw our so called coordinator **** the bed in 2nd half against a better offensive coordinator.

did richt get two offsides on consecutive drives? they tried to up tempo but the guys couldnt do it specifically stacy coley.
Berrios, Dobard, Ahmon, walton, lewis, etc all dropped passes right into their hands. Coley caught a wide open screen and feel down.
Spare me.

Richt did not drop passes, blow assignments, hold or ANY of the other things... but poorly coached teams generally do not suffer from coaches jumping offsides, holding, dropping balls, or any of the other hallmarks of poorly coached teams.

Our redzone offense is absolutely terrible. To have the TE's we have and to be this bad in the redzone is a huge head scratcher

Advertisement
Didnt read ur post but by ur history u r the ultimate homer and excuse maker. Anyway we need more offensive sfla studs and we need an elite running back like a cook. Knew he would kill us for three years thats how big of a miss that was. Fsu pkayed chess during that recruiting period letting us snap yearby but getting the real gem of the class in cook. Hes finally leaving and we need to lock up the gates in sfla because if fsu keeps ucking who they want i dont care if vince lombardi is outthere we losin

Advertisement
Back