The new staff and what they inherited

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
As i was watching FSU begin to get momentum in the 3rd quarter, you could see our kids getting that "here it comes" feeling. their body language was horrible except for the newer kids like Pickney and Shaq. This team is traumatized and lacks Miami caliber talent. It's clear the kids who played the most under the previous staff have bad habits that won't go away easy. Moreover, some of them just aren't that talented. Do Malcolm Lewis and Braxton Berrios get huge roles on a Mark Richt FSU or UGA offense? Is Stand Dobard playing? i can live with freshmen mistakes but they actually make less than the upper classmen. Two first half drives were killed during the up tempo offense because guys couldnt line up. We attack Kaaya but every play he is on his butt or someone is dropping a pass. Darling is considered our most talented OL and on one sack, he legit stop blocking and just let the guy go by him. smh The majority of his incomplete's were drops.
I'm sick we lost to FSU but those guys are experienced. If Kaaya had their OL and Kermit and Bobo, we beat them. Our wr's drop wide open passes while their guys making diving catches. Njoku drops a pass, melvin sanders makes a diving catch. almost everyone on our offense drop a pass. Now, I was a Butch guy but to call Richt "conservative" is unfair because he was very aggressive at FSU and UGA his first 5 years when he called plays. His record at UGA calling plays was 8-4, 13-1, 11-2,10-3, and then 9-4. they wanted him to play more "power" running football and basically made him a CEO. the problem here is it's clear he is not only getting use to playcalling, he doesn't trust this offense. Golden recruited a bunch of soft lineman and as Richt made clear in spring, we lack miami caliber speed at WR. Listen to a Richt interviews, its all about his true freshman on both sides of the ball. A kid like Walton, Mike Smith, etc might have less bad habits because they played less under Golden staff.

The problem here is a talent problem. we lack playmakers on offense. Kaaya might be shellshocked because of what he has been through but kids like Allison and Perry will only know the Richt way of doing things. Just going through the roster, do we have an elite rb? Richards and Mullions are extremely talented but need an offseason of S & C. We better hope Tre johnson, George Brown and whoever we bring in can play and hopefully early enroll because we only have 6 OL worth playing and they arent even that good. On defense, our front 7 has a ton of young talent with more coming in but they are playing colbert at CB and Quan is mixing in at LB. Yet they are still making plays. Malek Young needs more burn and we desperately need the kids coming in to step up. For me, this year is a 9 win year, maybe 10. next year we should be good, 2018 no reason for us not to be elite.

Advertisement
lol did this dude just praise kermit and bobo?? FSU's OL has been trash all year..their own fans say their horrible and your praising them..LOL why dont you go to thier board and look at the commenets about their Oline...you cant make this stuff up..Richt wants to play Power O..lol hows that working for LSU, o r say stanford this year or even georgia the last 3 years?? Dude is trying to sell us paper in a paper less world

This is a 10 win team that is still learning how to win. People who thought we would be the Canes of Old overnight set themselves up for failure. Doesn't happen overnight.

I won't lose hope on this season with how that defense is looking. They keep playing like that and we won't lose many games. We don't see another Dalvin cook this year. Or anyone close to him. Our toughest game will be against VTech on Thurs night. I fully expect to beat UNC and things will get back on track

As i was watching FSU begin to get momentum in the 3rd quarter, you could see our kids getting that "here it comes" feeling. their body language was horrible except for the newer kids like Pickney and Shaq. This team is traumatized and lacks Miami caliber talent. It's clear the kids who played the most under the previous staff have bad habits that won't go away easy. Moreover, some of them just aren't that talented. Do Malcolm Lewis and Braxton Berrios get huge roles on a Mark Richt FSU or UGA offense? Is Stand Dobard playing? i can live with freshmen mistakes but they actually make less than the upper classmen. Two first half drives were killed during the up tempo offense because guys couldnt line up. We attack Kaaya but every play he is on his butt or someone is dropping a pass. Darling is considered our most talented OL and on one sack, he legit stop blocking and just let the guy go by him. smh The majority of his incomplete's were drops.
I'm sick we lost to FSU but those guys are experienced. If Kaaya had their OL and Kermit and Bobo, we beat them. Our wr's drop wide open passes while their guys making diving catches. Njoku drops a pass, melvin sanders makes a diving catch. almost everyone on our offense drop a pass. Now, I was a Butch guy but to call Richt "conservative" is unfair because he was very aggressive at FSU and UGA his first 5 years when he called plays. His record at UGA calling plays was 8-4, 13-1, 11-2,10-3, and then 9-4. they wanted him to play more "power" running football and basically made him a CEO. the problem here is it's clear he is not only getting use to playcalling, he doesn't trust this offense. Golden recruited a bunch of soft lineman and as Richt made clear in spring, we lack miami caliber speed at WR. Listen to a Richt interviews, its all about his true freshman on both sides of the ball. A kid like Walton, Mike Smith, etc might have less bad habits because they played less under Golden staff.

The problem here is a talent problem. we lack playmakers on offense. Kaaya might be shellshocked because of what he has been through but kids like Allison and Perry will only know the Richt way of doing things. Just going through the roster, do we have an elite rb? Richards and Mullions are extremely talented but need an offseason of S & C. We better hope Tre johnson, George Brown and whoever we bring in can play and hopefully early enroll because we only have 6 OL worth playing and they arent even that good. On defense, our front 7 has a ton of young talent with more coming in but they are playing colbert at CB and Quan is mixing in at LB. Yet they are still making plays. Malek Young needs more burn and we desperately need the kids coming in to step up. For me, this year is a 9 win year, maybe 10. next year we should be good, 2018 no reason for us not to be elite.

You are just making excuses for Mark Richt right now. Did you get that feeling when we were up 10 - 0 with a chance to go up 17 - 0?

Oh, you got that feeling when you saw our so called coordinator **** the bed in 2nd half against a better offensive coordinator.

Advertisement

You are just making excuses for Mark Richt right now. Did you get that feeling when we were up 10 - 0 with a chance to go up 17 - 0?

Oh, you got that feeling when you saw our so called coordinator **** the bed in 2nd half against a better offensive coordinator.

did richt get two offsides on consecutive drives? they tried to up tempo but the guys couldnt do it specifically stacy coley.
Berrios, Dobard, Ahmon, walton, lewis, etc all dropped passes right into their hands. Coley caught a wide open screen and feel down.
Spare me.

Advertisement
I don't think there's an argument who is more talented, yes it'd be nice to have some of their WR, and depth across the board.

The point is they were vulnerable and we had a chance to put the nail in the coffin on their season at our stadium and didn't.

Yes, there's drops and constant pressure on Kaaya. Idc what kind of game he had outside of that 1 play, but it's the hard truth... you can't get picked off in the end zone right there. Games over if it's a TD or we come away with 3 and don't completely give them the momentum

It does seem the younger the player the better they played. The 2nd year guys too. Except Corn, that dude running down Cook was old school Cane defense.

lol did this dude just praise kermit and bobo?? FSU's OL has been trash all year..their own fans say their horrible and your praising them..LOL why dont you go to thier board and look at the commenets about their Oline...you cant make this stuff up..Richt wants to play Power O..lol hows that working for LSU, o r say stanford this year or even georgia the last 3 years?? Dude is trying to sell us paper in a paper less world

first off I wanted Butch but accepted richt. In comprasion last night, in the 2nd half, they protected him. Kermit and Bobo made plays. those two kids are better right now than every wr we have except maybe coley. Richards is still young. he tried the up tempo stuff, our kids couldnt line up right.

Advertisement
The usual dummies with their usual talent excuses
The rise of the slurpers.

Rinse/repeat with this fan base and program

im not slupring. I just see whats on the field. Berrios and Malcolm Lewis are 2 of our top 4 wr's. Do we even have a back up O lineman? what do you guys watch?
FSU players are much faster on offense than ours. until we get more playmakers, its a struggle.

Advertisement
For some reason our younger players ALWAYS play better, no matter which corch they are under.

After a couple years at Miami, they all ******* regress.

This is a 10 win team that is still learning how to win. People who thought we would be the Canes of Old overnight set themselves up for failure. Doesn't happen overnight.

I won't lose hope on this season with how that defense is looking. They keep playing like that and we won't lose many games. We don't see another Dalvin cook this year. Or anyone close to him. Our toughest game will be against VTech on Thurs night. I fully expect to beat UNC and things will get back on track
What he said ^^^

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We have the talent. I believe we are a better team than that fsu team.

Losing aqm, young, and grace hurt but the defense doesnt look to be the problem

Advertisement
Back