The New Jersey pipeline

Advertisement
The 2015 class is where it really takes off. We are on a ton of guys up there.

AQM
Courtel
Hester
Olsen

ELITE ELITE ELITE

Keep it going

453.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Definitely impressive that Golden has plucked arguably a coupe of the best players from NJ (a very solid recruiting state) for the past couple years. It will be exciting which studs he snags year in and year out in the future.

As for Miami, Hester is the third Wayne athlete over the last 18 months to commit to head coach Al Golden's rising program. Current Miami freshman quarterback and former Wayne Hills All-American Kevin Olsen signed with the South Florida school last February and Jenkins verballed in June after transferring to DePaul from St. Anthony of Jersey City in early 2013.

Hester will also reunite with former junior high basketball teammate Al-Quadin Muhammad, a former Don Bosco Prep All-American defensive end, when he arrives on the Miami campus this summer. Muhammed, an Irvington native, played in all 12 games this season for the Hurricanes as a true freshman reserve defensive lineman and had six tackles and two sacks.

"I spent some time with Al-Quadin Mohammed this weekend as well as Kevin Olsen and they had a lot of great things to say about the school and the program," said Hester. "It's great to know that local Jersey guys that I know are already down there (Miami). I felt real comfortable. It's a real family atmosphere down there and that's important to me.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/h...er_verbals_to_Miami.html#sthash.Jwjteyt4.dpuf

It's happening.

Advertisement
Advertisement
People are hung up on Torrance Gibson and understandably so, but Brandon Wimbush ain't no consolation prize.

He's a really good athlete with solid throwing mechanics. Reminds me of Christian Ponder actually (pukes in mouth)

Advertisement
Back