The new Brandon Inniss Thread

Sport is beyond doomed.
It’s Pay for play it with freedom to leave the team each year and an uncapped amount of money. I’m glad for the kids and kids have always gotten paid but not on the levels for so many. Usually it was your top kids. Now you got 3 stars wanting money and threatening to leave teams haha

Advertisement
OSU has the #4 ranked class right now, and it’s a huge school with wealthy donors.

Miss me with the fake poverty garbage.

They have money. If Miami’s NIL deal is better for Innis it’s because we value him more and think more of him than OSU does.
You're missing the point my guy.

The fact that a reporter is reporting that OSU is having NIL issues and issues paying folks is going to hurt them. Whether it's true or not doesn't matter, it's already out there. That's the power of the media.

I'm with you on that. And maybe I'm crazy, maybe in several years if everybody is getting paid, maybe it works itself out.

But I don't see how this works when there are 40, 50, 60 kids in the locker room currently who are making nothing or peanuts and here comes a 17 year old with $1.8M in the bank and he's getting $500K a year. Half these kids are busts. What if the kid who is making all this money isn't as good as someone else at his position, but he's higher paid? Won't the collectives want the kids they "represent" to play, so people know who they are?

Anyway, we've talked NIL on this board ad nauseum. There are a million nuances here, we can go back and forth about this all day. I just don't see how this is good for the sport in any way, although I absolutely believe in Capitalism and if someone is willing to pay it, then the kids deserve it and I'm glad they are. The old people who don't actually play the sport have been getting rich for far too long.

I just don't see how you establish/built a culture when kids are making this much money without doing anything yet. And I don't know how hard 17 year olds are going to work with this much money being given to them guaranteed. But I don't know anything, just saying this seems headed towards a very bad conclusion.

I thought the cash would slow down with how some have gotten paid and sucked already and we would see a market correction but things seem to be more wild than ever.

Amazing how much money there is in this world were rich most likely men are willing to pay millions to a 17 year old kid to join their college team and the money seems endless. I’m a capitalist but this still amazes me.

Advertisement
No No No GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve been saying for a couple months our NIL offer blew him away. There’s a reason I wouldn’t call this. I even posted I wouldn’t be shocked if he pushed it back. This was never a layup to OSU or as done as folks thought. Miami will ride this out until the ink dries at OSU or UM.
Any other competitors or just us and the asterisks?

Advertisement
Back