The new Brandon Inniss Thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Eh, Mario‘s strength is supposed to be recruiting. He SHOULD pull a top 10 class with his eyes closed. It’s the bump class, doesn’t matter what his record is… kids should be buying into the vision. **** Texas pulled a top 5 class in bump year after going 5-7. That’s what we should expect with the financial backing Mario has.
Texas is not in the same financial bracket as Miami.

Advertisement
It takes a special type of stupid to think we could get a top 5 class. If he can struggle with on field results and still bring in top talent, yes he should be crowned for recruiting.

Eh
I don’t think #5 class is that far fetched honestly, JMO. Ton of kids still out there that we are after that could get us there. Would I bet on it? Probably not, but we know how this man gets down so I wouldn’t bet heavily against it either. After we got Cormani, I don’t think anything is out of reach.

If we go 6-6 and land a top 10 class Mario will be crowned and rightfully so.

On the one hand, that's a fantastic sell job.
On the other hand, I hate giving a guy credit for recruiting in spite of a poor record when at least some of his coaching decisions contributed to the poor record.

I'm not a guy who thinks that a 6-6 record would be all on Mario, mind you. But I do think he's got a big enough share of the blame that pointing to the record to boost the recruiting job feels wrong to me.

And I don't think there was every any chance of a top 3 class. Maybe an outside chance of squeezing into 5 or 6 w/ a 9 or 10 win season (which, with this roster, would have taken a pretty great coaching effort).

Advertisement
Eh
I don’t think #5 class is that far fetched honestly, JMO. Ton of kids still out there that we are after that could get us there. Would I bet on it? Probably not, but we know how this man gets down so I wouldn’t bet heavily against it either. After we got Cormani, I don’t think anything is out of reach.
I mean that's pretty far fetched imo. Bama, UGA OSU, are top 5 locks. Texas, USC, Clemson, all have relatively small classes still. LSU and Kelly have a ton of momentum. Haven't even mentioned Oklahoma and ND. I don't think it's impossible every year but with what we have displayed top 5 isn't realistic.

On the one hand, that's a fantastic sell job.
On the other hand, I hate giving a guy credit for recruiting in spite of a poor record when at least some of his coaching decisions contributed to the poor record.

I'm not a guy who thinks that a 6-6 record would be all on Mario, mind you. But I do think he's got a big enough share of the blame that pointing to the record to boost the recruiting job feels wrong to me.

And I don't think there was every any chance of a top 3 class. Maybe an outside chance of squeezing into 5 or 6 w/ a 9 or 10 win season (which, with this roster, would have taken a pretty great coaching effort).
I'm more speaking to the fact that it would mean he kept this class in tact. We've witnessed years of the decommitt train rolling through and dismantling our class. If he can salvage the class with a terrible on field product that would be something we haven't seen here.

I'm more speaking to the fact that it would mean he kept this class in tact. We've witnessed years of the decommitt train rolling through and dismantling our class. If he can salvage the class with a terrible on field product that would be something we haven't seen here.
You’re speaking like it’s equal to past coaches, it’s not… he’s a top 10 paid HC in America. The expectations should rise. Especially considering he’s never been a technical coach who will out scheme you. He was literally paid elite money to recruit at an elite level. He should have a top 10 class in his worst years & a top 5 class in his best years. Those are the expectations when it’s his main strength, and he’s paid at a very good level.

I believe in Mario and think he’s the one to get it done but let’s not spin it. If he doesn’t have a top 10 class it was a failure, if he does then he did what he’s supposed to do. Nobody should be crowning him.

Advertisement
You’re speaking like it’s equal to past coaches, it’s not… he’s a top 10 paid HC in America. The expectations should rise. Especially considering he’s never been a technical coach who will out scheme you. He was literally paid elite money to recruit at an elite level. He should have a top 10 class in his worst years & a top 5 class in his best years. Those are the expectations when it’s his main strength, and he’s paid at a very good level.

I believe in Mario and think he’s the one to get it done but let’s not spin it. If he doesn’t have a top 10 class it was a failure, if he does then he did what he’s supposed to do. Nobody should be crowning him.
The Kid Mero Reaction GIF by Desus & Mero

I think I am as big a Mario supporter as there is. I was at FIU when he made that program the most competitive its really ever been and since then started thinking what it would be like for him to be at Miami. When he was hired by Golden I was super pumped and then he went to BAMA which was the smart move.

I completely agree with this sentiment. The way I look at it is, what is he doing to earn his salary on a per year basis? So this season for example, the team isn't succeeding on the field so he's not earning his 8mil there, yet he's still getting paid, so he's gotta earn it in recruiting which is what he's known for. Obviously the more he wins the easier it'll make recruiting but he has to earn his paycheck this year and that starts with recruiting at a high level.

Advertisement
Back