The NCAA Offical Report

Advertisement
Miami may only provide a prospect on unofficial visits complementary tickets for one home game during the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.

Well hopefully our new stadium will be done by 2016-17 then.

Advertisement
Miami may only provide a prospect on unofficial visits complementary tickets for one home game during the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.

Interesting. So that means a local recruit can only go to one game (on us) during the entire season?

Advertisement

Interesting. So that means a local recruit can only go to one game (on us) during the entire season?

Unofficially. If they take an OV they'll get everything they've always gotten plus go to the game (so essentially two games on us if they take an OV)

I'm not a booster. And it just so happens I buy tickets on stub hub and can't go. Can I give my tickets to a recruit for free if I am not a booster? Heck, I may just decide to "be an FIU fan" who "doesn't want his Miami tickets".......

The recruits usually get 3 tickets to a game. Now they can only get one ticket, excluding one home game.

We skating so hard

Last edited by a moderator:
To save anyone the time... there were more for various coaches but this seemed like the most important part to the football team.

V. PENALTIES.
The committee considered the institution's cooperation in the processing of all parts of
this case. Cooperation during the infractions process is addressed in NCAA Bylaw
19.01.3 - Responsibility to Cooperate and NCAA Bylaw 32.1.4 – Cooperative Principle
(2011-12 Division I NCAA Manual). The committee finds that the cooperation exhibited
by the institution was consistent with its obligation under Bylaws 19.01.3.3 and 32.1.4.
In addition to its cooperation, the committee notes that the institution understood the
nature and the scope of the allegations that were pending. It is clear that the institution
substantially agreed with a majority of the violations. It is also clear that the institution,
even before the committee conducted the June 2013 hearing, took responsibility for
violations, particularly in the football program. For two seasons, the institution limited
its football program to regular season competition only, eliminating any postseason
competition opportunities, including the 2012 Atlantic Coast Conference Championship
game.

Finally, in full consideration of the institution's presentation at the hearing, submissions
into the record and conduct to date, the committee prescribes the following sanctions.
Those self-imposed by the institution are so noted:

1. Public reprimand and censure.
2. Three years of probation from October 22, 2013, through October 21, 2016.

Football Program

3. Reduction in Athletics Awards. The total number of athletically related
financial aid awards in football shall be reduced by a combined total of nine
during the 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17 academic years. The institution shall
reduce the total number of athletics awards during each academic year. The
institution has the option of assigning the reductions during those years.

4. During the 2014-15 and 2015-16 academic years, the institution shall be limited
when providing complimentary admissions to prospects on unofficial visits. The
institution may provide a prospect with complimentary admissions for a
maximum of one home athletics event. All other restrictions for unofficial visits,
not addressed in the committee's decision, may be found in the applicable bylaws,
including NCAA Bylaw 13.7.

5. The institution imposed bans on the football team's participation in postseason
bowl games following both the 2011 and 2012 seasons, and withheld the football
team from participating in the 2012 ACC Championship game.

6. The institution reduced official paid visits for 2012-13 by 20 percent. The
reduction resulted in a total of 36 visits. The institution shall certify that this
penalty has been fulfilled in its first annual compliance report.

7. The institution reduced fall evaluations in 2012-13. The institution therefore used
36 of the permissible 42. The institution shall certify that this penalty has been
fulfilled in its first annual compliance report.

8. The institution limited coaches during the 2012-13 contact period. The institution
reduced available contact days by 20 percent. The institution shall certify that
this penalty has been fulfilled in its first annual compliance report.

Advertisement
It is AMAZING.. Purely AMAZING that the person that was 2nd in Command from 2001-2004 and then the HEAD COACH of this program is not even MENTION in this Report as knowing ANYTHING.. OR If he did - NOT doing anything to Stop it... Or have his subordinates keep him in the loop of HIS program. Just Amazing..

JC

Advertisement
Back