The Most Important Point

TheProgram

Recruit
I am happy with the Richt hire. We won 8 games with a shot of 9 with Golden/Scott. There is no question that Richt is a huge upgrade and that we should win 9 per year in BAD years. This is a nice moment to break up the abject misery of the past 12 years.

But the aspect of this hire that should make you most excited is that the school was willing to spend 4 million on a coach. Golden was highest paid coach in school history, and that was good for the 42nd HIGHEST paid coach in the country this year. Paying Richt 4 million per year puts us in the TOP 16 HIGHEST PAID jobs in the country.

I hope Richt is here for many years, and that his success results in more national championships for Miami. But even if he falters, the fact that we were willing to pay COMPETITIVELY ushers in a first for the University Of Miami: the ability to pay for elite coaches.

Needless to say, paying competitively does not in itself ensure a qualitative hire, but it definitely increases the likelihood of landing a great coach. When it comes to the ability to hire quality coaches, we are now part of the upper echelon of jobs FINANCIALLY.

This is truly a new era.

Advertisement
It's a very big start to rebuilding a program that has neglected football for the entire shalala tenure...
Now we need tropical park in a very bad way! A place that the Canes can call home...

Moreover, Richt commented in the presser that he has been convinced by the admin that they are dedicated to excellence, and said something to the effect that he has confidence he/football will get the resources they need to be successful. That struck me. Sounds like he feels they're willing to (continue to) step up to take the next steps. And that he needed to believe that in order to accept the position.

Advertisement
Back