The most important job Al & Co. has done so far

Advertisement
But we could have had Gruden!
Remember how disappointed people were?

After he was hired and did my research and after his introduction speech especially the recruiting part I was sold. When Donna and everyone else was saying he killed the interview and chased this job I knew he was the one. Also when he knew the roots of why UM was good, recruiting and fixing SFLA was key and he understood that. Whats crazy was RS was from there and should have understood that. I wonder sometimes if RS was told to recruit good players from an image standpoint and they realy didnt care about winning up top. After we cried out as fans of wanting a winner the program finally chased it and its coming to fruition now.

But we could have had Gruden!
Remember how disappointed people were?

I wonder sometimes if RS was told to recruit good players from an image standpoint and they realy didnt care about winning up top. After we cried out as fans of wanting a winner the program finally chased it and its coming to fruition now.

No. Donna wants to win and always has. I have no doubt that RS wanted to win, and that Donna expected him to. He didn't, so they brought in someone who they thought would. Simple as that.

Development of players is certainly obvious.

But I'll say changing the operations of how things run inside the football program.

He doesn't miss a single thing.

He's instilled tradition into the program (hurricane walk and singing school song after games).

He's upped the ante on nutrition and the strength program.

He's tweaked the game day atmosphere as much as he can (strategy on tarps, music, etc - sure the AD and others are responsible - but I believe golden motivated the entire department)

His game day coaching is severely underrated (e.g. We don't waste a lot of timeouts and the end of games and halves have been played near perfect imo)

He's aggressive (4th & 1, calling timeouts in 1st half under a minute to get the ball back and force a good punt, etc).

He manages his staff brilliantly. Everyone knows their role and golden doesn't hesitate to give the credit to his coaches when we perform well and take the blame himself when we don't.

He markets the program like a G (3pennyfilms, radio, etc)

On and on - dude is the ultimate program builder. He will eventually be put up there with the likes of Bill Snyder, Saban, and others as program changers)

23.jpg

Taking back our birthright.

Advertisement
When a guy shows up to an interview with a 300 page plan for the program, its a sign of the attention to details and personal passion. Golden has undoubtedly show both.

be blessed with this years schedule

I don't see that. UF was light years better than that OOC nemesis of '11 and '12, KSU. Besides at ND last year, what is weaker schedule wise this year than last?

This years schedule would have been 6-6 under any Randy team, and last years team would have done no better than 7-5. So I don't see this favorable schedule thing so much.

FSU is MUCH better than last year, and VT is better than their 6-6 '12 team.

Advertisement

I don't see that. UF was light years better than that OOC nemesis of '11 and '12, KSU. Besides at ND last year, what is weaker schedule wise this year than last?

This years schedule would have been 6-6 under any Randy team, and last years team would have done no better than 7-5. So I don't see this favorable schedule thing so much.

Last years KSU team would have pummeled this years UF team. That team was loaded on both sides of the ball, had a Heisman finalist at QB, top 10 scoring offense and a top 25 scoring defense.

How they choked away what should have been a national championship I'll never know. We were one fluke KSU loss away from having playing and being slaughtered by both BCS Finalists last year.

It's about winning football games

It's about establishing an organization that operates effectively and efficiently - so it can eventually win games.

Wins don't simply happen because "we da U".

There are too many morons who became fans of Miami football because of the ESPN 30 for 30 program.

Last edited:

Lol. Ksu had 1 loss in regular season last year. ND went undefeated before playing BAMA. fsu won the ACC AnF had multiple draft picks. VT remains to be seen. Basically UM replaces ksu and ND with FAU and Savanah. BLESSED.

Last edited:
I think the biggest thing Al has done is make us The Hurricanes of the 80's and 90's again in terms of attitude and physicality.
Even for a homer like me, the last few years under Shannon were downright embarrassing.
More so when Alonzo Highsmith said we were an NFL joke under Shannon in regards to our S & C emphasis and our practices being candy ***.

When I see and hear this team, I see the 1988 team. Tough, talented and confident.
Every time I hear a player say the practices are harder than the games, I just smile.

Everybody asks, "Are we really back?"

I think we were officially back the day that Al Golden was hired.

Advertisement

Last years KSU team would have pummeled this years UF team. That team was loaded on both sides of the ball, had a Heisman finalist at QB, top 10 scoring offense and a top 25 scoring defense.

How they choked away what should have been a national championship I'll never know. We were one fluke KSU loss away from having playing and being slaughtered by both BCS Finalists last year.

Don't see that at all.

Not buying it. Crap defense, crap offense, and when they played a half *** team, they lost. Total frauds. UF, with *** Driskell, would have beaten them.

Don't see that at all.

No matter how overrated Jammey Jammey-Jammey may be, they had a pure clown in EJ last year. Last years team got DESTROYED by UF.
They are better this year.

Advertisement
FSU defense is also not as good as it was last year. Lost all of their pass rushers and the young guys haven't done anything yet.

Not buying it. Crap defense, crap offense, and when they played a half *** team, they lost. Total frauds. UF, with *** Driskell, would have beaten them.

Crap defense? They were top 25 in the Nation playing in the Big 12. Crap offense? Top 10 scoring offense in the country.

Beat the #6, #13, #14, #24 and #18 along the way.

Frauds? Seriously?

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!" That was enough for Mike and me. He had the attitude. Turns out he had **** of a plan too. Highsmit said is best. The Miami HC has to have a personality bigger than the team. This a really big, but Al's got it. He reminds me of Howard and JJ, but more Howard. I know all the little things mean a lot but at the moment it is all about Al. He is the new U. He gets it.

Taking Duke's jersey spoke mountains this week. Al completely loves everything about Duke. This is not trying to shake up some super talented kid who need a kick in the rear. This is the best player on the team, and the best man in the program. He is everything Al and the fans want in a Cane. The team was big enough for the moment against UF; Al just showed us that he is big enough for the moments that are coming and will make sure the team is also. He told Morris to stop complaining too. Al is on mission.

Advertisement
Back