The most important coach after the Head Coach?

Offensive lines with better coaching than ******* Searels.

Stop.

**** our offensive line plays defensive line too? You gonna blame that on simpson?

if your theory was so true, everyone and their mom would be huge at the gym

"just put some heavy weight on that end, now push it up like 8 times.... now go eat some food"

yeah, you've been reading bodybuilding.com too much lol

Advertisement
It wasn't as simple as just because they spend so much time with the team and get them in shape. It was explained more in that because of extra time, they essentially build the mentality and culture of the team. I buy it and it's clear the top coaches do as well with how much they value their strength coach.
True and I agree.
Check out the hot head at Alabama, and for sheer intimidation Scott Cochran (the strength Coach) wins, hands down. Destroying runner up trophies, and spewing that only #1 is good enough.........everything else is S***.
Almost manic in my estimation......

I agree...and Manny said as much when first hired.

The only question/concern right now, especially if the # of injuries is above norm as others have posted, is whether we are working too hard?

Some guys were complaining about practices in shorts, etc and one of players that post here said to chill because can't go full speed all the time.
Structured "tapering" is as important to game-day performance as anything else imo. How many times have we seen "tired legs" and blame on "not training enough" where it is more often than not, overwork and/or bad nutrition and sleep cycles.

Your post reminded me that you can't turn a rowboat into a speedboat overnight without having some man overboard situations. Just have to make sure we minimize.
Your analogy makes sense. Got to have the structure to build on, and it takes time to work, and belief among the team, to know that this is viable.
We have had 4 th quarter yips for years, and all the chatter about conditioning ( going back years ago,) never seemed valid, when looking at the product on the field.

YES the summer will tell all

I'll also be glad when we can get back to practicing outdoors in the heat.

Ive never been a fan of practicing in AC comfort unless you really have to...or lightning is a real threat.

We need to be fully prepared, ....and in the best possible shape to win on August 24.

My guess is that it's going to be a real intense physical WAR....with no break being given to either team from the weather....so we better come ready

That heat was big part of our edge. You need to embrace it and not practice in the early mornings to avoid it. Today you have to get indoors for the lightning but we should never do it because of heat. I was glad to see Manny open the doors and turn off the a/c.

Advertisement
S&C to me is more of a department then a single coach. For me if I’m picking one coach who’s most important I’m going OL. I only say that because if you look at the patriots. Don’t Scarnecchia left for a couple years and they were not the same as before and they have been different since his return. Guy is an OL guru. And it’s hard to play O when your OL is terrible. A great OL can make an OC look better than he is. And we proved last year that a bad O can easily overshadow a great D. But just my opinion.

Advertisement
Back